Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mid wiring diagram  (Read 2008 times)

trevor watson

• View Profile
mid wiring diagram
« on: 11 May 2007, 16:53:34 »

Hi All, i have bought a Vectra CDX V6 (i know dont spit!), it has one of those naff MID with virtually no pixels, and new ones from ebay are no better, however i have managed to get one from a late 1999 Omega (pre-facelift) display with the smaller pixels (apparently they dont suffer from this problem), it is from a 2.5 elite, i have managed to wire it up, and works perfectly apart from the following problems:-

1) Headlight field vision warning - appears, according to my manual this is not a warning that the Vectra has, could it be for Xenon headlights or an extra feature perhaps?, any way can i wire it into my existing warning module, trouble is i cant see an extra wire for it.

2) Have a red/grey wire from the vectra loom this is to tell the display the radio is on, after much messing about testing cant get the display to come independently. Could anyone tell me the colour of the omega wire for this.

3) Left with a purple/blk wire, and blue and yellow leads .which have additional insulation.

4) 3 radio data wires all colour coded brown/white from the vectra loom, have played with these, tried just about every combination to no avail.

So to finish off radio/cd player works just dont have a display at the moment.

Can anyone help with a wirng diagram perhaps, or any knowledge on the above problems.

Many thanks in advance. Trevor

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: mid wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 19:07:29 »

Does the display like this:

If it does then it wont work with a standard radio, only the CCRT700 as it has a CAN bus style comms interface unlike the standard radio comms interface

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2007, 22:11:21 »

Also, you original MID, does it have 2 connectors on back (black and yellow), or a single grey one?
Grumpy old man

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
  • 2.5 V6 Auto CDX - Big Bertha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2007, 10:09:22 »

I would like to know a bit more info on this, I have a yellow and black on mine, have had 3 now but to no avail.

I have been offered a mid with a grey plug....

Anyway of changing the plug over (ie: chopping the wires and redoing it)

Cheers any help would be most appreciated.

:y :y :y
I Love my Omega, wanted it for so long, now it's in my grasp, it's not getting away!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.