Author Topic: wickes  (Read 3184 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
wickes
« on: 29 March 2020, 12:33:59 »

i have ordered some stuff from wickes & at the mo its click & collect or delivery. anyhow i paid via paypal & have been overcharged by £9.55p. has anybody ever tried to get in touch with wickes customer services. nightmare, >:( >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: wickes
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2020, 13:24:00 »

Guess they're delivering it then...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2020, 13:42:11 »

i have ordered some stuff from wickes & at the mo its click & collect or delivery. anyhow i paid via paypal & have been overcharged by £9.55p. has anybody ever tried to get in touch with wickes customer services. nightmare, >:( >:(

Oh yes, and last time I did I told them they could do one when they couldn't give me a next day bulk delivery slot even though they advertised that facility, with a "take it or leave it" attitude. >:( 

A local firm gave me a far better, what I required, on the ball, service 8) 8) :D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2020, 20:29:07 »

Oh yes, and last time I did I told them they could do one when they couldn't give me a next day bulk delivery slot even though they advertised that facility, with a "take it or leave it" attitude. >:( 

A local firm gave me a far better, what I required, on the ball, service 8) 8) :D ;)

Maybe all that days bookings had been taken,.  Nobody likes being told, you can't have it yesterday, you'll have to wait till tomorrow, .. That's just Transport.
Hoof'land storeman.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2020, 11:05:15 »

Maybe all that days bookings had been taken,.  Nobody likes being told, you can't have it yesterday, you'll have to wait till tomorrow, .. That's just Transport.
its not the fact i have not got a next day delivery i cannot get in touch with them re the overpayment. incidently my delivery date was set for the 20th April. nor can i amend that

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2020, 11:18:30 »

They have presumably charged for delivery was my point...

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2020, 13:49:46 »

They have presumably charged for delivery was my point...
they have also charged me full price for goods that are reduced if you buy a certain quantity or more. trying to contact them is rubbish. 3 times i went down from a queue where i was 30th, 27th, and 19th down to 2nd (twice & 3rd once ) before getting cut off. frustrating. their email gives a chance to sort it out but is automatically forwarded to a company called Resolver which send a reply email telling one that if i wish to pursue they will do so after 13days

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2020, 16:15:47 »

Less than 10 quid
are you really that bored  :-\
there's a war on, Wickes are supplying stuff for Emergency repairs ,plumbing ,electrical etc etc
supply chain is not great right now if you need stuff to fix something important for say an OAP 
just saying  :-X

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2020, 16:56:54 »

Less than 10 quid
are you really that bored  :-\
there's a war on, Wickes are supplying stuff for Emergency repairs ,plumbing ,electrical etc etc
supply chain is not great right now if you need stuff to fix something important for say an OAP 
just saying  :-X
Ray is an OAP.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2020, 17:00:48 »

Loaded then  :D ;D

probably used more money in phone calls and petrol

i understand it's the principle  :y

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2020, 17:37:54 »

This not answering the phone at all is causing problems in banking and insurance too. I got my home insurance renewal from direct line with a phone number to call. No online renewal possible.
I dialled the number and waited. Ten minutes...fifteen minutes....getting fed up, think I'll look online. Filled out all the details on the meerkat site, got the quotes, renewed with admiral. £45 cheaper with boiler cover, accidental damage cover and legal advice all thrown in.
I hung up then, though the temptation to hang on and tell them what I'd done was very strong.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2020, 18:07:38 »

This not answering the phone at all is causing problems in banking and insurance too. I got my home insurance renewal from direct line with a phone number to call. No online renewal possible.
I dialled the number and waited. Ten minutes...fifteen minutes....getting fed up, think I'll look online. Filled out all the details on the meerkat site, got the quotes, renewed with admiral. £45 cheaper with boiler cover, accidental damage cover and legal advice all thrown in.
I hung up then, though the temptation to hang on and tell them what I'd done was very strong.
I've had emails from many of my insurers saying do everything online

only thing i will say is that some (the AA car ins. being one) can keep your card details and can auto renew  a policy   >:(
not great if you took another policy out with someone else and don't notice till you see it on the bank statement 6 weeks later  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 30 March 2020, 18:17:01 »

I renewed both car policies with AA, had no trouble getting through.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2020, 18:47:36 »

I've had emails from many of my insurers saying do everything online

only thing i will say is that some (the AA car ins. being one) can keep your card details and can auto renew  a policy   >:(
not great if you took another policy out with someone else and don't notice till you see it on the bank statement 6 weeks later  ;D
My daughter works for the AA , she's had people realize they've been auto renewing for TWO years and they've never twigged , some people are just thick   :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 March 2020, 19:32:40 »

That would have been fine, but they could not deliver a follow up aggregate delivery until the next week, although they boast they can deliver the next day on the side of the lorry.  It was also their terrible attitude on the phone.  As I said, another major local aggregate company delivered our needs by 0900 the next day, with a super fast drop off of just 4 minutes!  That is service :y :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 March 2020, 21:01:05 »

That would have been fine, but they could not deliver a follow up aggregate delivery until the next week, although they boast they can deliver the next day on the side of the lorry.  It was also their terrible attitude on the phone.  As I said, another major local aggregate company delivered our needs by 0900 the next day, with a super fast drop off of just 4 minutes!  That is service :y :y
Do you genuinely believe that they deliver non trade from stock? ;D

Spent many a day delivering gravel/turf/stone by the cubic meter to residential addresses with a pump truck because Homebase/Wickes/etc used to order direct from the wholesaler... usually a 7 day Pallex delivery in order to keep shipping below a tenner.

Read the small print and get over it :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2020, 21:17:26 »

Spent many a day delivering gravel/turf/stone by the cubic meter to residential addresses with a pump truck because Homebase/Wickes/etc used to order direct from the wholesaler... usually a 7 day Pallex delivery in order to keep shipping below a tenner.

^^^^^The joys of pallet-work >:(....

The same day is if it's a stock item,and hasn't been booked out to someone else.

Two weeks ago I went to wickes to get some tiles, sorry sir, we don't have enough, would you like them delivered,
Yes please
 That'll be £5.00
Okay thank you

Tiles arrived week later on time, delivered by man in Van  20 bloody boxes,   Sod that.
As DG said most of the bulk stock comes from Central stock, bulk bags are delivered to store by quarry haulier's for onward to customer by wickes Truck.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2020, 11:24:58 »

Ok, calm down dear!  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just making the point that Wickes failed to honour their own advertised boast on the side of their trucks, (in business you should not commit yourselves to a boast / false advertising you cannot honour) and could not match the service I, and my builder close friend, have enjoyed from other suppliers.  Their Customer Service also fell well short of what you expect, which the OP was interested in. ;)
« Last Edit: 31 March 2020, 11:27:35 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2020, 11:29:58 »

"Free next day delivery on ELIGIBLE orders over £75."

From the header on their website...

I emphasised eligible, because that will be in the small print...

Don’t be disappointed without understanding what the rules are ::)

We are talking about a company that has applied social distancing queues to their website, so that ANY of this is a surprise is, frankly, surprising ;D
« Last Edit: 31 March 2020, 11:31:51 by Doctor Gollum »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 March 2020, 11:31:19 »

Do you think I and my builder friend doing the work didn't know all that?! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2020, 11:33:08 »

Do you think I and my builder friend doing the work didn't know all that?! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
He should have known better, but with all your retail experience I doubt you'll have been told :P

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2020, 12:57:05 »

To address the OP's point, yes, getting through on the phone is next to impossible at the moment, but (without making excuses) there are a number of reasons, mostly not to do with Wickes. Travis Perkins (same group as Wickes) have taken the decision to only supply products to infrastructure, transport and customers who service the homes of vulnerable people. This is a decision taken to allow employees and customers to be kept safe by a) barring customers from physically coming into branches and b) running a light supply chain (social distancing in a Primary Distribution Hub is beyond challenging).

This means that all the usual tradesmen can't get their materials from there and are going to Wickes instead because a) the company pointed them there rather than to a competitor and b) they carry the same/similar ranges of basic building materials. Buuut, that means 1000 ish TP branches' customers are trying to get stuff from 300 ish Wickes branches, alongside all the DIY'ists like me who are stuck at home with nothing else to do. To say its challenging would be a gross understatement and as always in times of such high demand, people have been moved from answering customer service calls to taking sales calls. If you think that's putting profit before customer service, that's your prerogative, personally, I'm glad the company is doing what it can to make sure that 28,000 people get paid next month, as its considerably more than some retailers are managing in the current climate. My advice would be to email them, it will get corrected, in time, assuming you aren't hanging on for that £9.55p

On the subject of delivery. Wickes operate a hub system where certain stores fulfil bulky deliveries for a whole area, eg. where I am (Solihull) I get stuff from either Coventry or Hinkley. These normally hold 14 days of stock, but at the moment that isn't the case for obvious reasons.

I recently had 900kg of oak sleepers delivered (1800mm long), the supplier sent them on a pallet. I felt so sorry for the guy that I handballed them off in the end as it was just dangerous trying to get them on the tail lift using a pump truck. Thankfully the guy could afford to wait the 20mins it took me. I imagine many people would have to have got done quicker than that   
« Last Edit: 31 March 2020, 12:58:46 by Viral_Jim »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 March 2020, 13:29:54 »

He should have known better, but with all your retail experience I doubt you'll have been told :P

He knows his stuff, and I know exactly how a retail operation should provide ADVERTISED Customer Service and handle Customers on the phone / via email.............................

However, at the moment there is far more to worry about! ::) ::) ::) ;)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 March 2020, 13:43:44 »

i thought that i was getting a result  spoke to a guy & he asked me to send him photographic evidence of the discount offer . guess what . the offer has been removed from the online site

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 March 2020, 16:48:49 »

I renewed both car policies with AA, had no trouble getting through.

I was on hold for 40 minutes today so you must have timed it well.  :y  Wish when I'd phoned, I'd chosen the new customer option, it might have been answered quicker.  :)
Not complaining of course, very understandable under the circumstances.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.