Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Premier league clubs.  (Read 3716 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Premier league clubs.
« Reply #30 on: 02 April 2020, 19:45:28 »

Effectively some premier league clubs are demonstrating a dismissive 'f*uck you' attitude to their low paid staff while simultaneously arse-licking the players. :-\

What they are doing is 'protecting' their most skilled and valuable assets at the expense of the easily replaced and low skilled assets.

Which is exactly the dilemma NHS doctors are going to have to face once the number of patients requiring intensive care treatment equals the number of available ICU beds +1
« Last Edit: 02 April 2020, 19:47:14 by LC0112G »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 April 2020, 13:40:43 »

Effectively some premier league clubs are demonstrating a dismissive 'f*uck you' attitude to their low paid staff while simultaneously arse-licking the players. :-\

What they are doing is 'protecting' their most skilled and valuable assets at the expense of the easily replaced and low skilled assets.

Which is exactly the dilemma NHS doctors are going to have to face once the number of patients requiring intensive care treatment equals the number of available ICU beds +1

That is what I said......only I don't think it is a good way to act.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 April 2020, 13:46:15 »

Also, eleven overpaid kids kicking a ball about on a piece of grass are far from being irreplaceable. They are easily replaced.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 03 April 2020, 14:48:19 »

Also, eleven overpaid kids kicking a ball about on a piece of grass are far from being irreplaceable. They are easily replaced.
No.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 03 April 2020, 14:52:28 »

A football club with no footballers. Seems like a good plan.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 April 2020, 14:56:07 »

A football club with no footballers. Seems like a good plan.  ;D

Footballers tend to be fit young men with 2 legs.

They are everywhere. Common as muck. :)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 April 2020, 09:19:38 »

They have a lifestyle to maintain. Mortgage payments of £50,000 a month are not easy to find.  :)

Let's look at this from another angle: If tea lady earns £200 a week and is furloughed, the government will have to find £160 a week to pay her 80%. If footballer is still paid his £70,000 a week, the government will collect about 60% of that in income tax and national insurance, that's £42,000. Enough to pay a lot of tea ladies.

Spurs are using the 'bail out' scheme to pay their low paid staff 80% wages. Then using their own money to pay the players 100%.

Something not right about this. :-\
Are you thick?

You're the northerner. :)
Where all the best, and most highly paid, footballers play.
Milan, Barcelona, Porto...

All well respected Northern towns :D
Football expert Al  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think you'll find the wage bill of the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool dwarf those three together.

Living in Formby, a dormitory town not far from Liverpool and home of many a great footballer over the years, I have bumped into a few in my time.
As a child I played with Cameron Toshack, son of John. And spilt orange juice on his white lounge carpet.
A girlfriend lived next door to A certain Mr Hughes.
Both normal sized detached houses worth about £400K these days.
My Wayne lived in Formby (I understand he lives In Mackworth in Derby now) I bumped into.him coming out of a pizza place. Parked on the pavement on double yellow lines at a junction. He had at least 7 pizzas.
Someone in social services my have suggested he was a right little idiot as a child.
Daughter went to school with the children of a few of them, perfectly good comprehensive. One child she described as a plastic bitch.
Anyway there's a lot of Range Rovers badly parked at Waitrose usually.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.