Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NHS Nightingale  (Read 9529 times)

STEMO

Re: NHS Nightingale
« Reply #45 on: 06 April 2020, 11:43:31 »

You're a bit big to be going down these narrow little shafts, aren't you? Be a hell of a job getting you out........ ;D

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 06 April 2020, 11:52:54 »

This is Grimethorpe Muckstack from the air, although this pic is a bit old, it's much greener now. Grimethorpe nature reserve is a bit ambitious though.

Top centre is a brick works which is reclaiming all the old slack to make bricks. Bottom centre is ASOS and, if you look carefully, you can see the shadows of three giant wind turbines. They make an eerie noise as the blades whoosh past.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 April 2020, 12:33:12 »

You're a bit big to be going down these narrow little shafts, aren't you? Be a hell of a job getting you out........ ;D

I know my limitations. As soon as circumstances permit will visit Speedwell, Treak Cliff, Blue John and Peak Caverns - test out my size and fitness 30 years or more on from last visits
https://visitcastleton.co.uk/the-caverns/

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 April 2020, 19:39:58 »

I know my limitations. As soon as circumstances permit will visit Speedwell, Treak Cliff, Blue John and Peak Caverns - test out my size and fitness 30 years or more on from last visits

IIRC, that one requires a boat ride to get to the actual workings. Worth it though. :y

STEMO

« Reply #49 on: 06 April 2020, 19:47:21 »

I meant tall, Phil, tall  ;D

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07 April 2020, 10:09:52 »

I meant tall, Phil, tall  ;D

Thanks Steve - yes I understood that but I "may" have gone a bit wider in past 30 years.

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 April 2020, 21:17:25 »

Apparently along with another 3 already being readied around the country the army are on standby to get a further 5 ready to go and it was said we could finish up with at least 17 such places.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 April 2020, 21:22:15 »

Lets all pray they dont end up filling that lot then 

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10 April 2020, 08:30:44 »

Lets all pray they dont end up filling that lot then
Any particular God? Or will any God do?
I am feeling particularly miserable today. I have no reason to. Except that I worry about my daughter who has 4x11 hour shifts over the weekend at Salford Hospital.
Assuming for survivors I suspect that PTSD is a strong possible side effect for both patients and staff.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10 April 2020, 12:32:07 »

Any God that is listening ...my eldest daughter is an A@E Sister at our local major hospital and has worked 2 shifts already this week Monday and Wednesday both 13 hours...she is doing tomorrow 11.00am to midnight and same on Sunday.

Real mixed feelings here for her...so very proud but also scared silly if I sit and dwell on it for too long as she has is married with a 5 year old boy.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 April 2020, 12:35:00 »

My daughter too has been in the thick of COVID-19. She's a nurse that normally works on the ICU but is also 'donning & doffing' all the COVID ppe to treat COVID patients
« Last Edit: 10 April 2020, 12:36:55 by Andy B »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 April 2020, 15:28:29 »

Total respect for them

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 April 2020, 15:37:53 »

Any God that is listening ...my eldest daughter is an A@E Sister at our local major hospital and has worked 2 shifts already this week Monday and Wednesday both 13 hours...she is doing tomorrow 11.00am to midnight and same on Sunday.

Real mixed feelings here for her...so very proud but also scared silly if I sit and dwell on it for too long as she has is married with a 5 year old boy.
PTSD is probably a more likely result if they all died...

Besides, being married and a mum doesn't preclude her from working ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 April 2020, 16:50:01 »

Total respect for them

Indeed, they are doing a fantastic job and putting themselves daily in the line of fire as much as any soldier does in a war, which this is. ;)

I support the idea that when this is all over they should be awarded a campaign medal as any soldier fighting for the country would 8) 8) 8)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10 April 2020, 18:29:13 »

Total respect for them

Indeed, they are doing a fantastic job and putting themselves daily in the line of fire as much as any soldier does in a war, which this is. ;)

I support the idea that when this is all over they should be awarded a campaign medal as any soldier fighting for the country would 8) 8) 8)

Absolutely right Lizzie, unfortunately lots of good people lost to this awful virus , cannot begin to imagine how some families are feeling right now .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.