Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CID wiring and screen wanted  (Read 3818 times)

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
CID wiring and screen wanted
« on: 21 July 2020, 10:00:12 »

Hello all, Does anyone have the colour screen and the necessary pieces of wiring etc so I can install an NCDC 2013 into my dashboard please?. I have asked elsewhere but unsurprisingly they've suddenly gone deaf and dumb.

Cheers
Neil.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: CID wiring and screen wanted
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2020, 10:55:04 »

You do know it isnt just plug & play ? Either the screen and headunit need to stay together, or the headunit and new screen both need to be depaired / put into delivery mode, and then paired to one another vie Tech 2.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2020, 15:06:43 »

Yes I realise all that. but it would be nice to get the parts together so I can at least try and sort something out as i'm fed up with not having anything in the dash that actually makes a noise..

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2020, 17:33:50 »

Yes I realise all that. but it would be nice to get the parts together so I can at least try and sort something out as i'm fed up with not having anything in the dash that actually makes a noise..

But without the paired unit, you'll still have something in the dash not making noise... it'll just have some more wires and a screen stuck to it.

Do it properly once and it's a lot less stress!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2020, 19:45:23 »

What headhunt is currently fitted.
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2020, 21:03:36 »

Neil, I’ve just read your PM. I unfortunately don’t have the wiring you’ll need. Of the units you had, one unit and screen had the registration of the original vehicle, not that this in itself will help, it was purely to show which unit was paired. I suspect some of the other units are paired, but unfortunately that’s unknown to me.

I believe the GID/CID wiring is present in some cars, it has been in cars I’ve had previously.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2020, 21:33:48 »

Indeed  :)
I took the OEM wax disk radio gram player out of mine and fitted andriod with bucket avoidance rear view camera etc
cheap as chips and sounds pretty good

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2020, 23:34:08 »

Alternate head units will require Neil to rip all the Bose out, loop the cabling at the kick panel and replace all the speakers.....

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 July 2020, 00:23:22 »

Alternate head units will require Neil to rip all the Bose out, loop the cabling at the kick panel and replace all the speakers.....
Not necessarily...

Wiring an aux in to the cdc audio allows a separate headunit/source to successfully drive the Bose gubbins ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2020, 09:21:27 »

I found it easier to run new wires from the headunit, and splice them into the existing speaker wiring just before they go into each door. Left all the Bose stuff in place, with no modifications as it was no longer needed.

I fitted new speakers for two reasons: Bose don't work with 'normal' radios, and half of them were knackered.

Used a 2DIN Android head unit, cheap and effective way of getting built in sat-nav, handsfree, OBD diagnostics(not on a 3.0l Omega), dash cam, reverse cam and no longer using outdated cassettes/CDs

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2020, 09:39:07 »

Not necessarily...

Wiring an aux in to the cdc audio allows a separate headunit/source to successfully drive the Bose gubbins ;)

True, but as I understand it Neil doesn't have a working or even half working unit to base that solution on at the moment.  :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2020, 09:43:05 »

I found it easier to run new wires from the headunit, and splice them into the existing speaker wiring just before they go into each door. Left all the Bose stuff in place, with no modifications as it was no longer needed.cassettes/CDs

Facelift Bose equipped cars should have the plug in the kickpanel, if so it's a simple case of fitting the 'looped plug' in to effectively remove the Bose amp out of the equation. Granted having to change the speakers means removing door cards anyway.  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 July 2020, 09:50:54 »

Not necessarily...

True, but as I understand it Neil doesn't have a working or even half working unit to base that solution on at the moment.  :-\
Thinking this through, what if that problem is the Bose Amp rather than the headunit? :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2020, 10:19:37 »

Not necessarily...

Thinking this through, what if that problem is the Bose Amp rather than the headunit? :-\
Could be. <ore detail needed really
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.