Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Shocking find on Ralf....  (Read 21961 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Shocking find on Ralf....
« Reply #30 on: 08 May 2012, 13:14:04 »

Webby. On the number one cam, look at the mark that's covered in tippex. On the cam wheel, under the rim, there will be a number under this tippexed mark. What is this number?

Hi James,

I checked and they're definitely 1,2,3,4 in order as they should be..... or do you mean something else? :)

Forget the order  / cams 2-3-4 for a minute. Focus on cam one. What number is under the tippex mark, on the wheel?

Cam 1 definitely has a big ''1'' on it. Is that the number you mean? I'd have to check it tonight to see if there are any other numbers. Sorry if I'm not understanding lol ;)

I just wanted to check that the tippexed mark actually corresponded to the correct number on the pulley...

In one of your pics, it looked like the mark to the right of the tippexed one may have had a one under it, but it's not quite close enough for me to be sure..

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 May 2012, 13:26:25 »

Cheers James, so are we saying that the number should be directly under the mark? I have checked and double checked. the notches are all defo where the tippex is.... but i agree its not that viewable on the photos.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 May 2012, 13:28:34 »

Cheers James, so are we saying that the number should be directly under the mark? I have checked and double checked. the notches are all defo where the tippex is.... but i agree its not that viewable on the photos.  :y

Can you just put my mind at rest, and take a photo of the number one cam wheel? :y

Oh, ref the cambelt cover being cracked, did you remove the entire aux belt assembly before removing cover?

That one caught me out on my first V6 cambelt, many years ago now :D :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 May 2012, 13:39:58 »

Can you just put my mind at rest, and take a photo of the number one cam wheel? :y
Oh, ref the cambelt cover being cracked, did you remove the entire aux belt assembly before removing cover?

That one caught me out on my first V6 cambelt, many years ago now :D :y

I jolly well will mate. I'll post up tonight  :y Thanks mate.

Yeah, thats why it cracked. i have undone one bolt that wont come out all the way. and ive undone another bolt that goes straight in to the side of where the camshafts live.... but no luck.  :-\

apparently there are other bolts there but i'm buggered if i can see them  :D

i can't see how a cracked case would really affect things anyway????? bit of gaffer tape, jobs a good un  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 May 2012, 13:46:18 »

i can't see how a cracked case would really affect things anyway?????

bit of gaffer tape, jobs a good un  :y

The VX Technician Job is yours, when can you start?  ;D :y

In reality, a small crack might not cause any harm, but it could if substantial enough result in the cover flapping inwards and rubbing on the rollers or the belt. You wouldn't want to put any tape on the inside of the cover, in the event it came unstuck through the vibration and heat etc, and ended up getting tangled up in the cambelt setup... :y

If it was a cambelt change for real, certainly on a customers car, the ideal thing would be to replace the cover at the first opportunity :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 May 2012, 13:48:27 »

Hahahaha I was only messing. If it was my car or anyone elses I would replace it. And now I know not break it at all  ::)  :y

However, Ralf has a budget of around £1.26 so no new cover for him unfortunately ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2012, 14:02:37 »

Hahahaha I was only messing. If it was my car or anyone elses I would replace it. And now I know not break it at all  ::)  :y

However, Ralf has a budget of around £1.26 so no new cover for him unfortunately ;D ;D ;D

Blue tack it is then  :-X

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2012, 14:21:50 »

Nar Steve, a pack of blu tack costs £3 something!!!  ;D ;D

Talking of costs though, I have pretty much spent naff all so far. carb cleaner. those retaining springs. thats it! lol so if i can sort ralf for nowt it will be winner winner chisken dinner.

Although i'm secretly hoping it's so nackered i have to replace the engine....... how much can i get a v6 lump for???
RIP Paul Lovejoy

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 May 2012, 14:23:57 »

Just set that timing right. You won't need to replace the engine :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 May 2012, 14:27:29 »

Just set that timing right. You won't need to replace the engine :y

I will do James. Well looking forward to it.

But I may do that later on for the experience ;)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #40 on: 08 May 2012, 15:40:39 »

Talking of costs though, I have pretty much spent naff all so far. carb cleaner. those retaining springs. thats it! lol so if i can sort ralf for nowt it will be winner winner chisken dinner.

Although i'm secretly hoping it's so nackered i have to replace the engine....... how much can i get a v6 lump for???

£1.27 mate - out of your budget  ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 May 2012, 15:46:48 »

Gutted lol

Did I see on here there was one from a breaker for £100? Does that sound about right?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 May 2012, 17:32:19 »

Gutted lol

Did I see on here there was one from a breaker for £100? Does that sound about right?
i will have a spare 3.0l v6 when i take it out, will be a tad more than 100 notes though. :D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 May 2012, 17:56:20 »

See my earlier post Webby, look down the back of the seat.....you never know mate :-X ;D
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 May 2012, 19:12:44 »

See my earlier post Webby, look down the back of the seat.....you never know mate :-X ;D
there wont be any i checked before it went to webby ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.