Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT  (Read 12562 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
« Reply #45 on: 28 January 2013, 23:03:03 »

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/41010/dunlop-sport-maxx-rt-tyre
Absolutely no use, I'm afraid. Neither of those test cars are anything like Omegas. If one was a 5 series, maybe I'd take some notice.

These same reviews said SC5s were great. They're not. They are complete shit. That shit, I am very seriously considering scrapping £700 of tyres after 1000 miles.

Lastly, I think that review is a cut and paste from several other sites. Sounds like the same words, and it was under very strict Dunlop supervision.

;D

ok.. Funlops owned by Goodyear and Sumitomo which was originally a British company..  They are rich companies and have serious research funds.. so no chance to go wrong..  Besides I have the feeling that funlops sold in Britain and rest of Europe mostly tuned for wet..  which is another plus for UK weather
Sumitomi own Dunlop Japan only.

similiar weather , so co-operative development.. and japan have very good test tracks..
According to Dunlop technical help line we don't get any Sumitomi tyres in Europe.
Make of that what you will.

But it makes sense, why have your Japanese factory supplying Europe, when you have a European factory?

I suspect either Dunlop, or Goodyear will win anyway.

its not meaningful to have different research sites for Japan and Europe..

feeutfo

« Reply #46 on: 28 January 2013, 23:05:51 »

Dunlip do a lot of testing at mira.road and race tyres and commercial.
The point of this is, that tyres that seem to get reasonable reviews on other cars, seem to handle very badly on the omega on occasion. Falkens and TheGroomers sc5 for example.

So modern tests on modern tyres are going to be completely irrelevant to us, with omegas.

complete nonsense..
So please explain to TheGroomer why his sc5 tramline all over the place with new sc5, and worn out TT handle almost perfectly with a lot less, almost zero tram lining?

feeutfo

« Reply #47 on: 28 January 2013, 23:08:13 »

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/41010/dunlop-sport-maxx-rt-tyre
Absolutely no use, I'm afraid. Neither of those test cars are anything like Omegas. If one was a 5 series, maybe I'd take some notice.

These same reviews said SC5s were great. They're not. They are complete shit. That shit, I am very seriously considering scrapping £700 of tyres after 1000 miles.

Lastly, I think that review is a cut and paste from several other sites. Sounds like the same words, and it was under very strict Dunlop supervision.

;D

ok.. Funlops owned by Goodyear and Sumitomo which was originally a British company..  They are rich companies and have serious research funds.. so no chance to go wrong..  Besides I have the feeling that funlops sold in Britain and rest of Europe mostly tuned for wet..  which is another plus for UK weather
Sumitomi own Dunlop Japan only.

similiar weather , so co-operative development.. and japan have very good test tracks..
According to Dunlop technical help line we don't get any Sumitomi tyres in Europe.
Make of that what you will.

But it makes sense, why have your Japanese factory supplying Europe, when you have a European factory?

I suspect either Dunlop, or Goodyear will win anyway.

its not meaningful to have different research sites for Japan and Europe..
<cem mode on>
Well, I suggest you ring Dunlop and tell them.... ???

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 28 January 2013, 23:09:02 »

The problem with setting cars up is no two drivers will use the same setup,the same for tyres different peoples have different styles,
Me i hate stiffly set up cars,i prefer a slightly soft setup.

Also tyres are a very emotive supject on all car fourums.
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 January 2013, 23:11:11 »

So, we need to measure the G circle for each tyre. I have a box that should be able to do that. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #50 on: 28 January 2013, 23:11:46 »

The problem with setting cars up is no two drivers will use the same setup,the same for tyres different peoples have different styles,
Me i hate stiffly set up cars,i prefer a slightly soft setup.

Also tyres are a very emotive supject on all car fourums.
Hence the groups suggested. If nothing else comes of it at all, it will hopefully give members a chance to compare other tyres and find something that works for them. Even if everyone else hates that tyre. Opinion is everything IMO.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #51 on: 28 January 2013, 23:12:06 »

The point of this is, that tyres that seem to get reasonable reviews on other cars, seem to handle very badly on the omega on occasion. Falkens and TheGroomers sc5 for example.

So modern tests on modern tyres are going to be completely irrelevant to us, with omegas.

complete nonsense..
So please explain to TheGroomer why his sc5 tramline all over the place with new sc5, and worn out TT handle almost perfectly with a lot less, almost zero tram lining?

Tramlining is not a part of tests and I have never ever seen it included anywhere..  its a natural function of Chavy wide tyre grip which in force is greater than your front setup can handle..  Physic forces apply anywhere ,everywhere even you go to the other end of universe and drive a UFO..

feeutfo

« Reply #52 on: 28 January 2013, 23:15:49 »

complete nonsense..

Tramlining is not a part of tests and I have never ever seen it included anywhere..  its a natural function of Chavy wide tyre grip which in force is greater than your front setup can handle..  Physic forces apply anywhere ,everywhere even you go to the other end of universe and drive a UFO..
cem, please, think more carefully about this. Take my issue with mo and ao1 sc3. THE WIDER TYRE TRAMLINED THE LEAST.

there's something else at play than width, offset, tread pattern, and profile. It's not that simple. And this is exactly why a tramline test is needed.

feeutfo

« Reply #53 on: 28 January 2013, 23:18:45 »

So, we need to measure the G circle for each tyre. I have a box that should be able to do that. ;)
<cem mode off>
Speed not accurate enough? :-\

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #54 on: 28 January 2013, 23:21:16 »

complete nonsense..

cem, please, think more carefully about this. Take my issue with mo and ao1 sc3. THE WIDER TYRE TRAMLINED THE LEAST.

there's something else at play than width, offset, tread pattern, and profile. It's not that simple. And this is exactly why I tramline test is needed.

Chris I have no intention to repeat all those long physic threads .. You understand it or not.. Your car is an ordinary car with 4 wheels like all other million cars.. and is subject to same forces only changing in magnitude.. you accept the tests or not is up to you but as an engineer I care only about them.. not the irrelevant personal views.. end of..

feeutfo

« Reply #55 on: 28 January 2013, 23:30:35 »

complete nonsense..

there's something else at play than width, offset, tread pattern, and profile. It's not that simple. And this is exactly why I tramline test is needed.

Chris I have no intention to repeat all those long physic threads .. You understand it or not.. Your car is an ordinary car with 4 wheels like all other million cars.. and is subject to same forces only changing in magnitude.. you accept the tests or not is up to you but as an engineer I care only about them.. not the irrelevant personal views.. end of..
<cem mode on>
So as you, an engineer, clearly can't explain the problem, do you mind if we carry on?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #56 on: 29 January 2013, 00:06:00 »

complete nonsense..

<cem mode on>
So as you, an engineer, clearly can't explain the problem, do you mind if we carry on?

thats your conclusion.. do the tests as you wish but please include measurements.. :)

feeutfo

« Reply #57 on: 29 January 2013, 06:18:06 »

Sigh....

<cem mode off>

So all we need is an area to test in.

Anyone...?

05omegav6

« Reply #58 on: 29 January 2013, 09:14:49 »

Can provide 17" and 18"s for the Runways, LD might need to bring the 16"s though :-\

The firm I did my hgv licence with rents a site at the western end of Ford aerodrome... bit south perhaps.
Iirc, there's a test facility near Brooklands, though given the 22 years sinced I last went there, it might now be Mercedes Benz Land.

Will be fitting 'those' arms to mine next week, along with the clutch and ARB polys  :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 29 January 2013, 09:42:03 »

Didn't joshwyatt say he had access to a private runway?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.