Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter tyres dangerous  (Read 12399 times)

feeutfo

Winter tyres dangerous
« on: 29 January 2013, 22:49:54 »

Our old neighbour text me earlier.

He fitted new winter tyres to the rear of his wife's Lexus is300. She is an excellent driver. Safe, precise, can catch a slide, doesn't speed, track days on bikes and cars in fast groups etc.

She rang him today to demand they be removed, temp at 12 c according to her cars dash display.

Nearly spun the car.

They've been on 3 weeks

cem_devecioglu

Re: Winter tyres dangerous
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2013, 22:52:19 »

::) ;D

please tell her to use on all 4 tyres :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2013, 22:52:58 »

He fitted new winter tyres to the rear of his wife's Lexus is300. She is an excellent driver. Safe, precise, can catch a slide, doesn't speed, track days on bikes and cars in fast groups etc.

She rang him today to demand they be removed, temp at 12 c according to her cars dash display.

Nearly spun the car.

They've been on 3 weeks

SWMBO is always right!  ::) ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2013, 22:54:36 »

Best tyres go on the rear cem. So she is correct. Summer tyres all round at 13c. As a winter tyre expert in uk weather, I thought you of all people should know that. :D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2013, 22:54:56 »

Nearly spun the car.

They've been on 3 weeks

SWMBO is always right!  ::) ::)
No argument from me. ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2013, 22:55:43 »

Best tyres go on the rear cem. So she is correct. Summer tyres all round at 13c. As a winter tyre expert in uk weather, I thought you of all people should know that. :D ;D

winter and summer tyres can not be mixed.. if you do, its your risk..

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2013, 23:00:25 »

I'd expect under steer below a cirtain temp/temps reversed. But no. She was quite happy in Snow, with primacy on the front.

They are now concerned how the tires will store, given the out of range heat cycles.

The fact they are on rear axle only is an easy get out though. ;)

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2013, 23:04:24 »

Thats the second story I have heard of rear tyres only being winter and spinning out. Were they Chinese clones?

Must suggest that getting a full good quality set is the right thing to do.

Tunnie seems to have had a reasonable experience on the winter tyres in real winter weather.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2013, 23:05:18 »

I'd expect under steer below a cirtain temp/temps reversed. But no. She was quite happy in Snow, with primacy on the front.

They are now concerned how the tires will store, given the out of range heat cycles.

different tyres on front and rear different grip levels .. no surprise .. been there done that in the past.. soon you learn..

they can be stored in a dark place..

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2013, 23:06:16 »

different tyres on front and rear different grip levels .. no surprise .. been there done that in the past.. soon you learn..

So she would have spun at much lower speed if winters all round? That's comforting? ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2013, 23:07:51 »

Thats the second story I have heard of rear tyres only being winter and spinning out. Were they Chinese clones?

Tunnie seems to have had a reasonable experience on the winter tyres in real winter weather.
Didn't get the model of the winters, but they are Michelin.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2013, 23:09:15 »

So she would have spun at much lower speed if winters all round? That's comforting? ;D

what a conclusion.. hats off ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2013, 23:09:59 »

what a conclusion.. hats off ;D

Google logic filter. :y

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 January 2013, 23:10:07 »

Didn't get the model of the winters, but they are Michelin.

Retract that quickly or TB will have a fit!
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 January 2013, 23:10:58 »

;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.