Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SC5 tyre review by Mrs TheBoy  (Read 13258 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: SC5 tyre review by Mrs TheBoy
« Reply #75 on: 10 March 2013, 16:38:02 »

Once again Cem, you have completely missed the point.

We don't care how good or bad Continenal tyres in general are. The Skoda Superbs at work have them fitted, and they're not great tbh. People here have wasted good hard earned money buying SC5s that have fallen short of expectations.

The issue is now trying to explain why two completely different cars behave completely differently using the EXACT SAME TYRE ::)

have you ever seen my advice to buy conti to any member in OOF ?

have you seen me buying conti for my cars ?

yes I bought them for some friends who dont care about price..  and never seen someone complain about it..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #76 on: 10 March 2013, 16:39:24 »

question : what was the original tyre size choosen by factory when the car was initally made ?  205/65 -15

question : in later years does the front drive train setup change with newer models ? NO

question : will the omega tramline on Contis with that size ? hardly..

if you go for larger sizes, even if same size with later models , you are on your own..

But the sizes fitted are factory sizes, if you opt for Irmscher Sport Stars from new ::) ::)

thats an aftermarket item ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 10 March 2013, 16:41:07 »

question : what was the original tyre size choosen by factory when the car was initally made ?  205/65 -15

question : in later years does the front drive train setup change with newer models ? NO

if you go for larger sizes, even if same size with later models , you are on your own..

But the sizes fitted are factory sizes, if you opt for Irmscher Sport Stars from new ::) ::)

That could be ordered for dealer fitting to brand new cars before delivery, therefore and approved option for the Omega ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #78 on: 10 March 2013, 16:42:35 »

Urm. Playground fighting again.

My tyres are better than yours, na na na.

and plus, if I were you I would contact continental as a buyer and tell my problem and challenge them..

if tyres were faulty they must pay back, if not they have to find a fault either in car or tyre..

but continental is a serious firm and chances are less to build a crap tyre after a succfessful one.. may be there is a problem in tyre wall,tyre size or speed rating selection.. and yes it tramlines but its a winner..

Cem,
Having found the Continental to be unsuitable for the Omega, based on its use on two completely different cars, with completely different set ups, the discussion has moved on to trying to explain why two apparently identical cars behave differently with the same Goodyear tyre fitted ::)

No tyre test in the world is going to explain that, ever. What is needed here is an application of thought as to what could possibly affect vehicle/steering behaviour beyond the tyres themselves.

Personally I refuse to buy into the 'wider tyre causes tramlining' arguement, because from my own actual experience, my car doesn't tramline any more or less on 225, 235 and 245 width tyres of the same brand, model and structure. This also suggests the the problem with SMDs car lies elsewhere...

Do both cars have the same wheels fitted, with the same offset ie 7J x 17" ET33 :-\

I have driven on may contis (including the eco models)  on many cars with various sizes..  never ever seen an owner finding them insufficient or unsuitable for a specific car..  so you have to shoot me to convince..  :)
Your basically referring to us all as liers cem. With no experience on what we are seeing with our own eyes.

Half a dozen members are saying "A" to be true. And without testing A, seeing A, touching A, or encountering anything at all to do with A, your telling us by the power of google, that we are not experiencing A at all. But it is in fact "Z" according to you. Ok, if you have experience "A" in any way, then great. But you don't.

Iirc from previous threads, you've told us that sc5 is an excellent tyre, yet we've now disproved that with first hand experience. Now your telling us that not only do sc5 tram line, something that we expressly try to avoid on the omega, but all tyres tram line no matter what. Nobody is that stupid, so I can only assume its deliberate. Undermining in gen chat is one thing, but undermining technical issues on members cars is something else completely. THAT is against OOF foundations and why we are all here.

05omegav6

« Reply #79 on: 10 March 2013, 16:42:48 »

We don't care how good or bad Continenal tyres in general are. The Skoda Superbs at work have them fitted, and they're not great tbh. People here have wasted good hard earned money buying SC5s that have fallen short of expectations.

The issue is now trying to explain why two completely different cars behave completely differently using the EXACT SAME TYRE ::)

yes I bought them for some friends who dont care about price..  and never seen someone complain about it..

Perhaps they don't want to offend you.

Standard size 17"s on both Entwoods and SMDs, using identical tyres...

So the cause of the problem MUST lie elswhere. The question is where, and I wonder what effect CoG has, given TBs theory on reducing tyre pressure :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 10 March 2013, 16:46:51 »

I'd still like to see the condition of the top mounts between vehicles... I know they never fail / go soft / crack but.... If everything else chassis based has been replaced / tested etc...

05omegav6

« Reply #81 on: 10 March 2013, 16:47:21 »

Irmscher kit, including wheels are designed from the get go to be used on Ope/Vauxhall products.

For them to be available to the factory for fitting to new cars as part of the order/build process, they must be at least equivalent in every way to the parts the factory uses to build all the cars ::)

Hence different wheel widths/diameters and offsets for differing applications :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #82 on: 10 March 2013, 16:50:46 »

I never advice any conti to any oofer here.. if they are in a test I shared, then the info is supplied as is..
plus tests dont include tramlining.. and thats the buyers risk..

So the cause of the problem MUST lie elswhere. The question is where, and I wonder what effect CoG has, given TBs theory on reducing tyre pressure :-\

even f1s tramline on some roads with 225/45 17 size ..  a tyre with higher size/width will without doubt..

feeutfo

« Reply #83 on: 10 March 2013, 16:51:07 »

Wrong! It's described as factory fit. An option available when purchasing new at a dealer.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 10 March 2013, 16:52:28 »

I never advice any conti to any oofer here.. if they are in a test I shared, then the info is supplied as is..

even f1s tramline on some roads with 225/45 17 size ..  a tyre with higher size/width will without doubt..

So a non standard, non approved size :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #85 on: 10 March 2013, 16:52:47 »

Irmscher kit, including wheels are designed from the get go to be used on Ope/Vauxhall products.

For them to be available to the factory for fitting to new cars as part of the order/build process, they must be at least equivalent in every way to the parts the factory uses to build all the cars ::)

Hence different wheel widths/diameters and offsets for differing applications :y

same bolt size / pattern doesnt guarantee that your front drive train can handle that..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #86 on: 10 March 2013, 16:53:39 »

So a non standard, non approved size :-X ::)

yes.. but with a difference.. I'm not capricous about tramlining and I accept it will :) :y

feeutfo

« Reply #87 on: 10 March 2013, 16:53:57 »

Cem, you recommended sc5 to me!

05omegav6

« Reply #88 on: 10 March 2013, 16:57:10 »

Was just about to post the same LD. Classic fwd shitbox size ::)

You're right of course Cem, because obviously using spacers to change both the pcd and offset off the wheels on your car won't make the blindest bit of difference to it at all :P, especially if you are running Astra size tyres on it ::)

You find tramlining acceptable? WTF  >:( people here quite obviously don't,  so please, for the love of God shut up :-X
« Last Edit: 10 March 2013, 17:00:26 by ex taxi al »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #89 on: 10 March 2013, 16:57:44 »

Cem, you recommended sc5 to me!

well , if I really did, you deserve the best tyre ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.