Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Sourcing Polly rear donut bushes.  (Read 27223 times)

PhilCavSRi130

• Stone,  Staffordshire
  • GRIFFIN POWER!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sourcing Polly rear donut bushes.
« Reply #90 on: 13 April 2012, 22:25:36 »

If you can put some dimensions up of the calibra ones when you get them i have the dimensions of the omega ones already. I'm currently in contact with SuperPro through work with regards to having all rear bushes made for my own car. Once i have details i will advise what they can do.

feeutfo

« Reply #91 on: 14 April 2012, 09:39:24 »

Should point out these are available from k-mac in Australia. But by the time they are imported to the uk we're looking at between £120 and £180 quid.

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 14 April 2012, 10:09:05 »

It's also worth pointing out that these will be very hard unless they have voids drilled in them like the group buy done before on ABS (which were by K-Mac in Oz as chrisgixer has named).
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

barclay03

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 14 April 2012, 20:12:41 »

I'd be interested in them if it ever came to fruition  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #94 on: 14 April 2012, 20:22:33 »

It's also worth pointing out that these will be very hard unless they have voids drilled in them like the group buy done before on ABS (which were by K-Mac in Oz as chrisgixer has named).
Must ask Paul what grade poly he's planning on using, and see if we can compare to the K-mac grade/spec.

Although ride is a bit of a personal thing. I did ask Paul if poly could drilled once moulded. He said its not very successfull, even if frozen. It tends to grab and tear.

I tried Carlton bushes, which absolutely do not fit btw, as they work out no matter what you do. But they have no void holes at all, and while they stayed in, the ride and precision was fantastic, for me anyway.

feeutfo

« Reply #95 on: 14 April 2012, 20:26:35 »

Actually, I have a paper drill that would work, provided it doesn't get too hot.

(paper drill bit has no flutes in it, it's essentially a metal tube sharpened on the inside edge)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 14 April 2012, 21:26:12 »

Ian Marsh has mentioned the possibility of another group buy and also including some Monza bushes and getting them by shipping as opposed to air freight which would reduce the cost by quite a margin, the last ones we got were £112 so if it worked out at less than £100 I think it would be a good deal.

aaronjb

« Reply #97 on: 15 April 2012, 03:31:19 »

Although ride is a bit of a personal thing. I did ask Paul if poly could drilled once moulded. He said its not very successfull, even if frozen. It tends to grab and tear.

Interesting.. a friend of mine (and many others in the US) have drilled poly engine mounts on the MR2 with no problems; six 3mm holes made with a regular HSS bit took all the harshness out of them nicely - didn't need enormous holes.

feeutfo

« Reply #98 on: 15 April 2012, 09:32:05 »

Interesting.. a friend of mine (and many others in the US) have drilled poly engine mounts on the MR2 with no problems; six 3mm holes made with a regular HSS bit took all the harshness out of them nicely - didn't need enormous holes.
Would drilling be harder on a softer grade poly? Might imply powerflex use a softer grade :-\

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 15 April 2012, 10:05:31 »

Would drilling be harder on a softer grade poly? Might imply powerflex use a softer grade :-\

I was thinking the same, will be interesting to see what they say.
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

aaronjb

« Reply #100 on: 15 April 2012, 19:22:44 »

Maybe, but a 3mm drill is so small ..I can't see it tearing even soft poly  :-\

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 30 April 2012, 23:04:14 »

Put me down for a set Chris  :)
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 01 May 2012, 15:06:04 »

Ok, I have been in touch with K-Mac as well.

Now this is all very tentative and may not happen at all, but he has quoted me a price of $AU120 per kit for a group buy of 20. Thats around 77 GB pounds.

So, not a bad price really. I know a lot of potential customers have been put off by the price of shipping and tax etc, so, I might have a solution to keep all those costs down.

It's a distinct possibility that the rig I work on might have a contract to drill offshore Oz land for a couple of years. if that is indeed the case, than as far as I am aware that contract will start half way through next year.

My plan would be to bring the said items back in my hold bags (paid for by the company) maybe 10 at a time after buying the set of 20 (I would have secure storage to leave them behind) then bring them over to the UK every time I fly over to visit. These would be on the drip so to speak as I only have cabin bags when I fly to UK.

This way, there would be no shipping charges and no tax as they would all be personal import for me!

My work schedule is 28/28 and every time I'm on field break I take a trip to Scotland to visit my delightful granddaughter.

As far as I am concerned this will be eminantly do-able, providing, a. The rig gets the contract and b. We can organise payments in advance.

There may be additional charges for freight from where they are to where we might crew change out of, e.g. freight to Darwin would be $AU60 for the 20 kits, that tells me they are not very heavy, $AU3 for each set is an expense that most can absorb I would think.

It might take a bit of time to get started but if it does come off, it would definitley be a 'not for profit' deal. All the major expenses, shipping and taxes being negated by my use of company flights.

Does all that make sense, I'm kinda typing this on the fly....

Your thoughts...

Jon

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 01 May 2012, 20:39:26 »

That sounds like a good plan Jon  :y

MV6Danny

• Intermediate Member
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
  • Driving at the speed of light
    • 99 irmscher mv6 3l Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 05 May 2012, 18:39:50 »

That sounds like a really really good plan Jon.  :y
Back in the MV6 again now
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.