Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Availability ...or rather lack of it  (Read 4203 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Availability ...or rather lack of it
« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2018, 14:00:16 »

Only if you insist on limiting yourself to a new car...

It won't be long before they'll start taxing old cars and changing emissions levels to get them all off the road.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2018, 14:52:53 »

I would rather drive an old, paid for, car than struggle to pay for a new car... the annual tax differential being a fraction of one monthly payment. And if a nearly new decent car was outright affordable, then that would come after the mortgage is paid. And even then, a really nice old car would be a reasonable alternative (given some of the generic crap being designed these days)

I appreciate that this might not be a 'normal' approach, and that personal circumstances dictate the level of choice, but I can live with that ;)

Whether lpg is involved is a simple mathematical issue of cost vs return...
« Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 14:54:34 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2018, 17:21:37 »

I would rather drive an old, paid for, car than struggle to pay for a new car... the annual tax differential being a fraction of one monthly payment. And if a nearly new decent car was outright affordable, then that would come after the mortgage is paid. And even then, a really nice old car would be a reasonable alternative (given some of the generic crap being designed these days)

I appreciate that this might not be a 'normal' approach, and that personal circumstances dictate the level of choice, but I can live with that ;)

Whether lpg is involved is a simple mathematical issue of cost vs return...

Agreed!  :y

I just think that the authorities will get rid of all the old cars one way or another to contain pollution that's all.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2018, 09:48:09 »

Anyone else using LPG in the southwest may be interested in this little snippet ..

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/16074555.more-than-20-jobs-at-risk-at-countrywide-farmers/?ref=mr&lp=2

I have had  a formal notification of the takeover of the LPG side by DCC Flogas on 1st March, and that they will be trading as Countrywide LPG Ltd, but all the correspondence deals with LPG for homes/business .. there is, at the moment, no information regarding Autogas .... however my "key" worked on Monday so I'm hopeful they will continue to do Autogas .....

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2018, 21:11:50 »

From what I have been told by Flogas, who are my domestic supplier of LPG, there is a general, national shortage of the stuff right now. They said one of the main storage depots is out of action, due to maintenance, and tanker ships are queuing up to off load the stuff.
  I was told this on the phone to them, and the reasons are repeated on the Trustpilot site, where Flogas is getting a complete hammering with bad reviews. Domestic deliveries are not getting through in time, and people are running out.
  I ran out about 2 weeks ago for 24 hours and was supposed to be on an automatic top up scheme with Flogas. When the tanker eventually arrived the driver said he had to drive much further to another depot to fill up, and only got filled at 3pm. He eventually got to me at 9.30pm.
 Other people near me have run out of gas and have no idea when they will get some.
 Have been looking on the web for confirmation of the above reasons, but not found anything. If true it’s all being kept quiet and out of the headlines. But it explains the shortage at petrol stations.
I used to know everything. Then I got married.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2018, 22:12:46 »

Interesting... I guess there will have been a peak in demand with the recent cold spell. Hope it resolves itself soon.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2018, 23:19:23 »

Further to my little note regarding countrywide / flogas ... seems the plot thickens ...

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/flogas-consumer-countrywide-farmers-merger-inquiry

The Calor terminal in Swindon appears to have plenty of LPG, and is presently 12p / litre cheaper ......  make of that what you will !!   :)

but this also happened, and I can't find out exactly why !!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/temporary-relaxation-of-the-enforcement-of-drivers-hours-and-working-time-rules-delivery-of-lpg
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 23:29:27 by Entwood »

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2018, 01:59:23 »

Flogas are responding to people’s posts/reviews on the Trustpilot site. Getting through on the phone is difficult. Had a look at posts to do with Calorgas, and they seem to be struggling as well on the domestic bulk gas deliveries.
  Very frustrating to be sold an automatic top up service and have it fail without warning from the supplier. No information on their website, and it’s been going on for at least a few weeks now.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2018, 08:32:18 »

Countrywide aren't any cheaper around these parts normally, but do have a pump in Banburyshire, which makes it Mrs TBs usual filling point, as its only a mile or so off the motorway.

There is a place near her work that's nearly 10ppl cheaper, but a significant detour through heavy traffic at rush hour, and is normally a 30 min wait for the only pump.  Sadly her lunch break of 30mins, is not enough time to get there and back (let alone fill up), not that she'd be able to park again back at work.
Grumpy old man

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2018, 11:21:52 »

Just had a word with a Calorgas driver, delivering to someone up the road. He said it’s been nuts. Not enough LPG in the country and mentioned something about a pipeline shut down in Scotland and a major shutdown at the Fawley Refinery. But he said they are catching up now.
 Hope so. It’s not funny with no heating, cooker or hot water. The country is going to the dogs!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2018, 11:25:30 »

Just had a word with a Calorgas driver, delivering to someone up the road. He said it’s been nuts. Not enough LPG in the country and mentioned something about a pipeline shut down in Scotland and a major shutdown at the Fawley Refinery. But he said they are catching up now.
 Hope so. It’s not funny with no heating, cooker or hot water. The country is going to the dogs!
That was on the news, at the start of the recent cold snap, when sensationalist media were proclaiming that we'd all run out of gas, and it was due to the Scottish pipeline and the Refinery temp out of action as the cause.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 March 2018, 20:02:49 »

That was on the news, at the start of the recent cold snap, when sensationalist media were proclaiming that we'd all run out of gas, and it was due to the Scottish pipeline and the Refinery temp out of action as the cause.

Sounds like they need to make up their mind if they're talking about LPG or natural gas. Oh, wait! The plebs who read it don't know the difference. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 March 2018, 20:30:19 »

I hear the majority of LPG stations around here are out of the stuff :(
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.