Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cricket World Cup + Wimbledon  (Read 2770 times)

STEMO

Re: Cricket World Cup + Wimbledon
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2019, 12:54:03 »

I see the press down under have been having a little whinge about the rules.  ::)

They don't like it up em!  ;D
Rules are the same for both :y

Except the bit about the most boundaries. We made that up cause it's our competition in our country.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2019, 13:42:39 »

Does it matter?

Let us just bask in the moment. England ( or the other countries in the UK) dont win that much.

Other countries “ bend” the rules too over nationality.

Yes. If the England cricket team doesn't consist of English players, then the whole thing is nonsensical.

A large percentage of the population in England is 'non-english'.......teams like this are therefore to be expected surely.

Nope. To me, if you are playing for England, you should be born in England. Simples.
It used to be the case that you couldn't play for Yorkshire if you weren't born in Yorkshire.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2019, 13:54:40 »

Does it matter?

Let us just bask in the moment. England ( or the other countries in the UK) dont win that much.

Other countries “ bend” the rules too over nationality.

Yes. If the England cricket team doesn't consist of English players, then the whole thing is nonsensical.

A large percentage of the population in England is 'non-english'.......teams like this are therefore to be expected surely.

Nope. To me, if you are playing for England, you should be born in England. Simples.
It used to be the case that you couldn't play for Yorkshire if you weren't born in Yorkshire.
And that should be extended to that sport of poofs that run around kicking a sack of air. Be born within 30 miles of the club. That would encourage more grass roots, rather than the current crop of prima donnas.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2019, 14:23:44 »

In an ideal, non commercial world, yes.
Playing for your country isn't supposed to be a commercial endeavour though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2019, 14:39:20 »

In an ideal, non commercial world, yes.
Playing for your country isn't supposed to be a commercial endeavour though.
I always maintain that 20 able volunteers off the street would perform better than the 'professionals'... Which is why our national rugby teams used to be world leaders rather than constantly wishing it was 1966...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 15 July 2019, 18:12:15 »

Turns out New Zealand should have won the cricket. When the ball hit Ben Stokes bat and went for four overthrows, England should have only been awarded five runs as the second run wasn't completed when the fielder threw the ball.  ::)
I can understand the Kiwi's frustration when even the officials don't know the rules.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 July 2019, 19:29:24 »

Turns out New Zealand should have won the cricket. When the ball hit Ben Stokes bat and went for four overthrows, England should have only been awarded five runs as the second run wasn't completed when the fielder threw the ball.  ::)
I can understand the Kiwi's frustration when even the officials don't know the rules.
Yes, i,ve just read that. Perhaps there should be a re-match. Bit like Brexit really. :D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.