Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon  (Read 8581 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon
« on: 21 September 2018, 13:33:45 »

Hasn't happened yet but after yesterdays goings on I suspect it is her resignation speech.

What next for Brexit?

Exit with no deal which was probably realistically what both sides thought the outcome would be two years ago.

Or

some sort of limbo, extended timescale to allow more useless negotiations until the vote somehow gets overturned.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

Re: Mrs May's speech Friday afternoon
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2018, 14:10:04 »

Resignation speech? Do you promise?  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2018, 14:21:32 »

For those who want Mrs May to go, and those who want Brexit abandoned (against the wishes of the UK population) ... a simple question .....  :)

Do you honestly, and truly, really think the EU will simply allow us to revoke article 50 and carry on as if nothing had ever happened ??? If you do you live in a dream world ...

The EU will punish us as much as they can for even trying to leave, with "fees" to cover the expenses incurred, an a complete change of the way we are allowed to vote. They will rub their hands with glee and inflict as much harm on the economy as possible .. especially where they have changed rules already to restrict our access to things like banking, technology, etc ... to "rejoin" will cost ... big time .... they will ensure it .....

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2018, 14:36:56 »

Doesnt really matter whether your a Leaver or Remainer, point being unless some useable agreement happens very soon. we'll end end up with a No Deal Status, if and when that happens thats when the Shite will hit the Fan and our Pockets.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2018, 14:39:34 »

For those who want Mrs May to go, and those who want Brexit abandoned (against the wishes of the UK population) ... a simple question .....  :)

Do you honestly, and truly, really think the EU will simply allow us to revoke article 50 and carry on as if nothing had ever happened ??? If you do you live in a dream world ...

The EU will punish us as much as they can for even trying to leave, with "fees" to cover the expenses incurred, an a complete change of the way we are allowed to vote. They will rub their hands with glee and inflict as much harm on the economy as possible .. especially where they have changed rules already to restrict our access to things like banking, technology, etc ... to "rejoin" will cost ... big time .... they will ensure it .....
Wanting mother Theresa to go has nothing to do with abandoning brexit, more a case of making sure it happens with a clean break.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2018, 14:44:36 »

Interesting comparing the last two posts ....

1. No deal .. ie clean break ... is the end of the world ......

2. Clean break .. ie no deal ... is the only solution ....

so just where does "compromise" and "negotiation" fit into those views ??

The EU have been "demanding" ... "what does UK want" throughout .. and saying "no" when told .... without ever putting forward workable ideas of their own .. just how is that "negotiation" ???

Time is now for UK to do what Mrs May appears to be doing .. saying .. compromise or we will leave without your say so. ... if only some of her own party had her guts !!

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2018, 15:03:12 »

In my view, clean break, no deal, whatever you want to call it, will be hard for a while (a while is not very descriptive, but it's all I've got) but we will slowly be able to find our place in the world as ourselves, not as a member of some club run by faceless elites in another country.

Of course, it could all go wrong, but that will be because of decisions that we take, not decisions that others take for us.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2018, 15:13:46 »

Agree wholeheartedly. With something like this we (Britain) have shown our hand. You cannot "unshow" it. I think one of the main terms for any rejoining deal would be taking the Euro. It has been spelt out often enough that new joining countries have to do that.

It will be interesting to see what if any alternative the EU offer. Probably Norway model
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2018, 15:16:22 »

Probably Norway model

If we can adopt their standard of life, that's fine by me. I doubt the taxation levels on alcohol would go down very well with the rest of the population, though.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2018, 15:28:28 »

Probably Norway model

If we can adopt their standard of life, that's fine by me. I doubt the taxation levels on alcohol would go down very well with the rest of the population, though.

Agreed, sadly we'd need a stonking great sovereign wealth fund to bankroll it up though.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2018, 15:32:01 »

I'm surprised that people are surprised that the EU hasn't dropped it's knees and begged us to stay at any cost.

It is 27.......we are 1. The one that decided to leave.

The EU should and will protect the interests the 27. We must do our best to look after our own interests and not expect the EU to help us.

We no longer wish to be part of 'Club EU'.......they are only interested in EU members.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2018, 15:35:52 »

I don't remember who it was exactly but quite a few years ago, some EU representative laughed at the UK and stated that we was nothing more then a nation of corner shop keepers  >:(

The EU is in affect 2 countries ............... The New United Germany and France and believe me, its Germany that wears the trousers in that relationship.

With the exception of the UK, every other member is there to contribute to the "fund" and out of that, they get the feeling that they are a part of this wonderful club and it gives them a warm feeling in the crutch.

I've often asked myself what do the EU want us in there little club for ?

Imo, its for the London financial centre and to bail them out of the shit if the bullets start flying and nothing else.
Take away that and we have very little they want anymore.
These isles used to have a wealth of expertise and experience in pretty much everything.

Over the last 40 years, all these expertise have either oppsed off to the United States were the money for research is OR been swallowed up by European companies who now own those brains  >:(

For me, the EU have never had any intentions of any deal unless it totally destroys the UK as a world influence.
Bitterness for these isles because we once ruled most of the planet many many years ago is pathetic.
Does Spain or Portugal get the same ?
No because they keep there mouths shut and toe the line  :(
France is up Germanys arse anyway so there past exploites abroad is conveniently forgotten.

For me, brexit was about taking control of our Isles back from bussells.
You cannot have a democracy if you cannot debate and make your own laws without outside influence.

There should never have been any negocations at all imo because we could never expect them to play fair.
After the vote, the UK we should have sat down and decieded what exactly we are going to be in March 2019 and then told the EU our terms and left them to squabble amongst themselfes.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2018, 15:39:51 »

I think the " they sell more to us than we sell to them" card was overplayed.

The "They need us more than we need them" card doesn't seem quite as powerful as perhaps we imagined.

Personally I would prefer us to leave with no deal and some dignity rather than the 'not really leaving at all' Chequers plan, like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2018, 15:51:02 »

quite simply bullying us, because if we succeed as we will, waiting in the wings to exit are swedes,italy and a few more who are fed up with it,
E.U  is a great idea, but run by complete f ecking idiots who can see no further tha the depth of their own pockets!
especially french t ossers,every 4 weeks a few billion goes on transport to move the whole lot to france every other country has voted to stop it as a waste of resources but the french veto the vote everytime,
its all the little interferences that ordinary people hate,until its sorted eu is going to be a wasteful.bloated laughable cok up with idiots spending millions without a second thought,breaks sake look at kinnock,did nothing for this country now a multi millionaire as he is an mep along with his mrs,and many others including bliar and the list goes on and on
enough! lets get out

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2018, 16:49:07 »

Whatever your views about Brexit, the behaviour of the bureaucrats, Barnier, Tusk, Juncker et al, since the referendum demonstrates exactly why we should leave. >:( >:( >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.