Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hillsborough  (Read 6704 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Hillsborough
« Reply #30 on: 02 July 2018, 20:26:35 »

With the mob baying for blood, does anyone think that this guy will get a fair trial?  ???  :-\  ::)
Oh course he won't.

The poor bastard most likely did what he thought was the right thing at the time, but that doesn't matter to those hounding for blood.  In the same way the Grenfell firemen are starting to be vilified for doing the best job they could with the information they had at the time.
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #31 on: 02 July 2018, 20:47:48 »

The trouble is ordinary folk expect miracles from doctors emergency service workers etc , but they are just ordinary folk like you & me they have to make a split minute decision if it goes right they are heroes but if it goes wrong someone has to take the blame , I've seen it happen many times in my working life & I've also faced accusation over a cot death when in the Ambulance service of which I was cleared completely. It was a tragedy but nobody set out with the intention of causing deaths.

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 02 July 2018, 20:54:04 »

The trouble is ordinary folk expect miracles from doctors emergency service workers etc , but they are just ordinary folk like you & me they have to make a split minute decision if it goes right they are heroes but if it goes wrong someone has to take the blame , I've seen it happen many times in my working life & I've also faced accusation over a cot death when in the Ambulance service of which I was cleared completely. It was a tragedy but nobody set out with the intention of causing deaths.
You're still ignoring the fact that they tried to deflect from the truth by vilifying the dead. Lies and cover ups for years and years to save their own wretched skins.
I might have some sympathy if they'd held their hands up from the beginning and admitted they made a huge mistake. But no, they've plotted, conspired and coerced their way into a criminal prosecution. As is usual in these cases, it's taken far too long, and the dirty bastards are too old to serve long behind bars.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 July 2018, 20:59:47 »

You have it in a nutshell, Tilbo. Because people like you routinely do great and wonderful things (especially in the medical profession), expectations are sometimes unrealistically high, and when those expectations are not met, it becomes "Why can't you work your usual miracles; there must be something you can do?"
All credit to those who look after us, and thank you.  :y :y :y

Ron.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 July 2018, 21:05:51 »

With the mob baying for blood, does anyone think that this guy will get a fair trial?  ???  :-\  ::)
Oh course he won't.

The poor bastard most likely did what he thought was the right thing at the time, but that doesn't matter to those hounding for blood.  In the same way the Grenfell firemen are starting to be vilified for doing the best job they could with the information they had at the time.

Did he get up that morning and think "I'd like to kill some people" ?

Was he incompetent ? probably.

Did he try to cover up his incompetence ? Probably

Can he be put into the same category as serial killers, child rapists, paedos, gangster knife murderers, high school shooters etc ? I think not.

Will any trial bring anyone back from the dead ? No

Will a trial cost squillions of pounds ? Yes

Are there a load of compensation lawyers waiting in the wings ? . . . . you decide

Will the press feed on this for a very long time ? Yes

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

2boxerdogs

« Reply #35 on: 02 July 2018, 21:06:18 »

You're still ignoring the fact that they tried to deflect from the truth by vilifying the dead. Lies and cover ups for years and years to save their own wretched skins.
I might have some sympathy if they'd held their hands up from the beginning and admitted they made a huge mistake. But no, they've plotted, conspired and coerced their way into a criminal prosecution. As is usual in these cases, it's taken far too long, and the dirty bastards are too old to serve long behind bars.

Unfortunately Stemo that's human nature to lie , it takes a very special & brave individual to tell the truth .

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 02 July 2018, 21:11:55 »

Well.....fortunately, the justice system doesn't take into account human nature, nor the points of view of the dinosaurs who know this kind of thing has gone on for years and, unless exposed, would still go on. Cover ups are becoming harder to get away with.

Now.....about this poor doctor who killed hundreds of patients at her hospital. Just doing her job, no doubt. Not getting up with the intention of killing anyone.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 July 2018, 21:22:53 »

I agree with this ^ . The lies that were told and the huge cover up that went on should have been punished a long time ago, but better late than never.
I remember seeing an interview with a policewoman who said that the notes she took at the scene were taking off her and rewritten by someone who was her senior, in order to cover up the facts and shift the blame. She was disgusted, but too scared to do anything at the time.
When people in positions of authority do this kind of thing, they must accept that if caught, they will be for the high jump.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #38 on: 02 July 2018, 21:56:50 »

My thoughts are that many who are "baying for justice" are just types that have a dislike for Police for one reason or another , an agenda which I personally have no time for.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 July 2018, 22:04:49 »

I agree with this ^ . The lies that were told and the huge cover up that went on should have been punished a long time ago, but better late than never.
I remember seeing an interview with a policewoman who said that the notes she took at the scene were taking off her and rewritten by someone who was her senior, in order to cover up the facts and shift the blame. She was disgusted, but too scared to do anything at the time.
When people in positions of authority do this kind of thing, they must accept that if caught, they will be for the high jump.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ???

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 02 July 2018, 22:12:50 »

My thoughts are that many who are "baying for justice" are just types that have a dislike for Police for one reason or another , an agenda which I personally have no time for.
Then your thoughts, wherever you got them from, are wrong. Unless, of course, you have some sort of evidence to the contrary.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 July 2018, 22:28:52 »

I think you can go round and round in circles as to who may have been at fault for the tragedy it became.Whoever was responsible for not delaying the kick off thereby in effect creating the stampede into the ground.The senior police officer in charge for his gate opening decision.Football fans in general for their behaviour which resulted in the creation of the "pens" which in turn had a hand in creating this tragedy.Having said all that the decisions were made[probably in all good faith]and may just may have been forgiven[for want of a better word]what was and still is unforgiveable was the cover up and downright lies which followed and for that alone a trial should ensue even if only for perverting the course of justice.

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 02 July 2018, 22:32:11 »

I think you can go round and round in circles as to who may have been at fault for the tragedy it became.Whoever was responsible for not delaying the kick off thereby in effect creating the stampede into the ground.The senior police officer in charge for his gate opening decision.Football fans in general for their behaviour which resulted in the creation of the "pens" which in turn had a hand in creating this tragedy.Having said all that the decisions were made[probably in all good faith]and may just may have been forgiven[for want of a better word]what was and still is unforgiveable was the cover up and downright lies which followed and for that alone a trial should ensue even if only for perverting the course of justice.
That's it in a nutshell. Self preservation at any cost.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #43 on: 03 July 2018, 08:11:00 »

Then your thoughts, wherever you got them from, are wrong. Unless, of course, you have some sort of evidence to the contrary.

My thoughts are fine with me, they are based on my life experiences 10 years forces 11years ambulance service 5years fire service & the last 21years in HMPS, taught by "experts" on how to react how to deal with situations how-to handle"fight or flight" mode . I have probably seen & done things that would make any normal person freeze in their tracks, but when things go wrong the "experts" wash their hands of you that's when you find out how your true mates are. As for your thoughts on the Justice system it has already failed as someone will be made a scapegoat a trial cannot be fair  as people's comments & remarks are no more than a modern day lynch party.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2018, 08:14:27 by Tilbo »

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 03 July 2018, 08:25:00 »

That just confirms that your thoughts are your own personal point of view, not anything concrete. Siege mentality.
You have probably done no more or less than thousands of people who serve in the NHS, prison service, fire brigade, armed forces, etc. I don't see how that has the slightest bearing on the criminality that happened after Hillsborough. Unless, of course, you've 'closed ranks' in the past.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.