Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Filled Up with Sainburys LPG last night.  (Read 9040 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Filled Up with Sainburys LPG last night.
« on: 27 June 2019, 17:59:48 »

Then went to pay for it and asked the Cashier if He could explain to me how I managed to get 57 litres of LPG into a 45 Litre Tank that will normally only hold about 37 litres brimed even when competently empty.  >:(

He just gave me a blank look and mumbled something about sometimes stuff happens.

Not to me it doesnt, was my replky, never mind, here's my name and number get a Manager to call me urgently tomorrow (today)

Still waiting.  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Filled Up with Sainburys LPG last night.
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2019, 18:09:41 »

Then went to pay for it and asked the Cashier if He could explain to me how I managed to get 57 litres of LPG into a 45 Litre Tank that will normally only hold about 37 litres brimed even when competently empty.  >:(

He just gave me a blank look and mumbled something about sometimes stuff happens.

Not to me it doesnt, was my replky, never mind, here's my name and number get a Manager to call me urgently tomorrow (today)

Still waiting.  :(

I would be tempted Zirk to get in touch with the local Trading Standards Department and get them to investigate with checks done on Sainsbury's equipment.

How many more motorists may have been over charged?!  :(

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2019, 19:13:39 »

So you actually paid?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2019, 19:21:38 »

So you actually paid?
Yes, this is a Petrol Station not a frekking Restaurant  ;)

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2019, 19:28:22 »

So you actually paid?

Well....I'm ficked if I would. I'd have the police round before they did and screamed blue murder.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2019, 19:37:04 »

did the guy before you put 20 litres in and the clock wasnt reset?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2019, 20:22:52 »

No, all the Zero's before filling.

Someone did say to me a few years back that when you connect the Nozzle Pump to the Car, if they take a while to reset the Pump and or Activate it ready for fill that during the idle time your tank presure will slowly fill the Pumps Hose up, cant see it myself, even if it did in thoery you would get it back when youve finished filling. I mean end of the day this is Sainsburys not some back yard LPG outfit.  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2019, 21:50:29 »

Someone did say to me a few years back that when you connect the Nozzle Pump to the Car, if they take a while to reset the Pump and or Activate it ready for fill that during the idle time your tank presure will slowly fill the Pumps Hose up, cant see it myself, even if it did in thoery you would get it back when youve finished filling. I mean end of the day this is Sainsburys not some back yard LPG outfit.  :-\

There's no way you'd get 20 litres into the hose (and your LPG tank has a non return valve in the filler anyway).

If those 20 litres had existed and wouldn't fit in the tank you'd know about it by now. ;D

Might be worth checking your filler valve is still cutting off at 80% fill. If it is, you've been done, IMHO. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2019, 21:54:58 »

I know if I was filling with petrol and that happened, I would want something done there and then... Can't see a manager ringing you, put it on Twitter and Facebook, Sainsbury soon contact you.
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2019, 22:23:04 »

There's no way you'd get 20 litres into the hose (and your LPG tank has a non return valve in the filler anyway).

If those 20 litres had existed and wouldn't fit in the tank you'd know about it by now. ;D

Might be worth checking your filler valve is still cutting off at 80% fill. If it is, you've been done, IMHO. >:(
My thoughts exactly, strangly, on the way back the Contents gauge was reading empty ??? but this morning went straight back up to full as per norm.

Ive managed to speak to the Manager tonight, he did say he put the Pump OOS pending an Engineers visit, He was quiet under standing with what I informed Him and agreed something wasnt right. I explained that I keep a good record of my Fill Ups, my MPG and what to expect in miles from each Tank fill up, which I do and I can prove, He's response was understanding and asked me to pop in again, I replied I would run the tank empty and see what the Miles and MPG figures are ( you never know) but either way we both agreed I was probably due some money back.

Quite a pleasant Phone Call if Im honest, could have easerly gone the other way.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2019, 22:43:40 »

Iirc LPG pumps aren't subject to weights & measures regs, due to it being sold by volume - or something like that ?

Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2019, 23:21:36 »

Iirc LPG pumps aren't subject to weights & measures regs, due to it being sold by volume - or something like that ?
Dont know, but either way I would have thought they would need to be Calibrated for Retail Delivery somehow.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 June 2019, 11:14:28 »

So you actually paid?

Well....I'm ficked if I would. I'd have the police round before they did and screamed blue murder.

Have to agree, now they've got your money, you've got a hard time to get their attention. Not to mention that the 'manager' who calls you (if they ever do - I personally doubt they will) won't be able to conceptualise that you can only fit 37L in a 45L tank and that you can't overfill them like you can with petrol tanks (a couple of litres into the filler hose I mean).

If you paid on credit card, I'd charge it back, should get you their attention, or some free fuel...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2019, 00:50:09 »

ive done about 80 miles since filling up and the Petrol / lpg guage is still reading a full tank.

Never done that  before after 80 would normally read around 3/4 full. Hmmm.  :-\
« Last Edit: 29 June 2019, 00:51:52 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 June 2019, 09:54:31 »

Dont know, but either way I would have thought they would need to be Calibrated for Retail Delivery somehow.
I think it doesn't have to be legally calibrated in the same way as a petrol pump (which is subject to weights and measures).  Hence you do get inconsistencies.

But if its clearly way out, that's for trading standards I reckon...   ...although in this case, they have done the right thing and taken the pump out until its checked, so top marks to them :)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.