Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Hectic night  (Read 16223 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Hectic night
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2019, 17:29:34 »

Such an unnecessary ballache >:(

At least the damage was confined to your car, and not the house (or garage :-X), only saving grace being lorry fuel rather than petrol. Expect it to be written off though... :-\
Nah. They're not gonna write off an £8-9K car for that.
Depends. Smoke damage, plus heat damage to the rear panel. Any cooked wiring will transfer heat alot further than the visible damage.

I suspect it will end up a Category B :-\

cat N ,no structural ,uneconomic to repair surely 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 April 2019, 17:36:13 »

The rear panel will potentially have been substantially weakened. Burnt cars and accident damaged are two very different things ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2019, 17:43:51 »

Just read this Steve . . .  unbelieveable   :o :o :o :o   gutted for you mate !
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2019, 19:31:17 »

Thanks, everyone, much appreciated. Moved it around this aft, checked all the lights, brakes, etc., all ok. I'll know if it's ok when the young fella drops off the courtesy car, jumps in ours and drives off.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 07 April 2019, 19:50:54 »

I was supposed to be driving over to Liverpool to see mother tomorrow, but I don't think I can be arsed. I'm going for a nice long walk with doggie and the world can eff off. That's my altitude.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 April 2019, 19:59:18 »

Sorry to see this Steve, the sort of hassle & cost from malicious behaviour we can all do without. >:(

This is a very big problem in Sweden where cars are torched by the cultural enhancers showing their gratitude for being able to move there, so I hope it is not going to become a trend here as well. :(

https://www.thelocal.se/20180816/whats-behind-the-car-burnings-in-western-sweden
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 April 2019, 01:30:55 »

Sorry to see this Uncle STEMO. What a complete bastard!  >:(

I've had a hectic weekend, so I've just seen this..... hic!  ;)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #37 on: 08 April 2019, 08:55:50 »

Such an unnecessary ballache >:(

At least the damage was confined to your car, and not the house (or garage :-X), only saving grace being lorry fuel rather than petrol. Expect it to be written off though... :-\
Nah. They're not gonna write off an £8-9K car for that.

After the bump up the bum in her Mini, they wanted to write that off (a ~£5-6k car) without even seeing it. For this:

So if you phone up and say "fire damage" they'll probably assume the worst and begin the "Well on a car of that age, we could just write it off and ..."

I get the impression that they want to write the car off, because that drives the reman industry and drops lots of nice Cat N's onto the market for all their friends to fix up & sell on.

[edit to add] What an arse, though! Sorry you get to deal with the fall-out from some drugged up nut-job walking the streets determined to be a grade A arsehole. And sorry that the police are too busy to deal with crime..  >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 April 2019, 09:21:51 »

Extremely sorry to hear this STEMO ... not good at all :(

However, if I might ....

All this crap about the police not dealing with the crime instantly .... just how does anyone know this ??? Sending a copper out to look at the car and say "Oh dear" is NOT dealing with the crime ... The perpetrator had done other cars and wandered off, STEMO says so himself ... so, do you have substantive proof that there were no patrol cars looking for the guy 4, 5 streets away ??? Lets instantly find one guy wearing a hoody on a dark night in a city ..... not quite as easy as it sounds ....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 April 2019, 12:05:45 »

It's not what the police were actually doing that is necessarily at fault, but the perception that their face to the public instills. I've experienced this too. Their communications with members of the public is abysmal at the moment, at a time when they are percieved to have plenty of resources for dealing efficiently with people who stray a couple of MPH over the speed limit.

"Here's your crime number now f-off!" after being kept on hold, explaining yourself 3 times to 3 different people with zero local knowledge is par for the course these days, IME.

This is not to denigrate their front line officers who generally do a superb job of absorbing the sh!ie that's thrown at them from all directions.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 08 April 2019, 12:29:09 »

Extremely sorry to hear this STEMO ... not good at all :(

However, if I might ....

All this crap about the police not dealing with the crime instantly .... just how does anyone know this ??? Sending a copper out to look at the car and say "Oh dear" is NOT dealing with the crime ... The perpetrator had done other cars and wandered off, STEMO says so himself ... so, do you have substantive proof that there were no patrol cars looking for the guy 4, 5 streets away ??? Lets instantly find one guy wearing a hoody on a dark night in a city ..... not quite as easy as it sounds ....
The fire brigade actually saw a person who they thought could well be the arsonist. They called the police themselves only to be told that there was no one available. The CID sergeant who came out yesterday said he wasn't surprised as they are very short handed.

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 08 April 2019, 12:30:50 »

It's not what the police were actually doing that is necessarily at fault, but the perception that their face to the public instills. I've experienced this too. Their communications with members of the public is abysmal at the moment, at a time when they are percieved to have plenty of resources for dealing efficiently with people who stray a couple of MPH over the speed limit.

"Here's your crime number now f-off!" after being kept on hold, explaining yourself 3 times to 3 different people with zero local knowledge is par for the course these days, IME.

This is not to denigrate their front line officers who generally do a superb job of absorbing the sh!ie that's thrown at them from all directions.
That was, more or less, our experience. Kept waiting for 15 mins to talk to the crime reporting bods.

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 08 April 2019, 12:35:22 »

Just heard there were two more last night. Wifey's is going for repair tomorrow, hope they don't torch her courtesy car.

aaronjb

« Reply #43 on: 08 April 2019, 12:44:47 »

Just heard there were two more last night. Wifey's is going for repair tomorrow, hope they don't torch her courtesy car.

You, tomorrow night:

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 08 April 2019, 13:04:22 »

You, tomorrow night:

Where's me gun gone?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.