Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Hectic night  (Read 16111 times)

aaronjb

Re: Hectic night
« Reply #45 on: 08 April 2019, 13:06:28 »

Ah, so you're more:

;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 April 2019, 13:27:00 »

Just heard there were two more last night. Wifey's is going for repair tomorrow, hope they don't torch her courtesy car.

You, tomorrow night:

Where's me gun gone?  ;D

Perhaps you should mention that you've found it next time you contact the Police? ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 April 2019, 13:57:56 »

It's not what the police were actually doing that is necessarily at fault, but the perception that their face to the public instills. I've experienced this too. Their communications with members of the public is abysmal at the moment, at a time when they are percieved to have plenty of resources for dealing efficiently with people who stray a couple of MPH over the speed limit.

"Here's your crime number now f-off!" after being kept on hold, explaining yourself 3 times to 3 different people with zero local knowledge is par for the course these days, IME.

This is not to denigrate their front line officers who generally do a superb job of absorbing the sh!ie that's thrown at them from all directions.

A number of years ago I caught a lad trespassing on the heritage railway, he had just let off a fire extinguisher in a couple of carriages and had pinched some period Guards clothing.

The fact we had 'detained' him resulted in a full Blues drive in double quick time to the centre......I am sure if we had not got him it may have been very different!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 April 2019, 15:31:35 »

It's not what the police were actually doing that is necessarily at fault, but the perception that their face to the public instills. I've experienced this too. Their communications with members of the public is abysmal at the moment, at a time when they are percieved to have plenty of resources for dealing efficiently with people who stray a couple of MPH over the speed limit.

"Here's your crime number now f-off!" after being kept on hold, explaining yourself 3 times to 3 different people with zero local knowledge is par for the course these days, IME.

This is not to denigrate their front line officers who generally do a superb job of absorbing the sh!ie that's thrown at them from all directions.

A number of years ago I caught a lad trespassing on the heritage railway, he had just let off a fire extinguisher in a couple of carriages and had pinched some period Guards clothing.

The fact we had 'detained' him resulted in a full Blues drive in double quick time to the centre......I am sure if we had not got him it may have been very different!

Pity you don't have some electic rails you could have 'found' him on!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 April 2019, 16:22:05 »

But they have not got those resources Kevin and the vast majority of speeding offences are issued after cameras have done their work, not traffic officers or even roadside speed traps.  The traffic officers are in desperately short supply and that is why so many are driving around without insurance, no tax, no MOT and no licence. How many miles can you drive now without seeing one traffic car?  Certainly far more miles than before 2008 , and even more so before 1990; then often many cars were often stationed along the motorway, or simply seen driving up and down roads. Now they just are not there because those in political power think the job can be more cheaply and effectively done using cameras. A load of rubbish of course, but there you go! >:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: 08 April 2019, 16:26:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 April 2019, 16:31:10 »

As for police response to crime, I must be careful in what I say in line with The Official Act and Police confidentiality, but I will simply say senior police chiefs have been "reviewing" what 'crimes' could be downgraded to non-response (beyond what the public see now) to free up the limited resources they have to respond satisfactory to 'higher rated crimes'.

STEMO's bumper fire would be definitely not be individually investigated, and only the other fires would constitute a need to investigate further, with eventually charging action, if those thought responsibility were not first time offenders and worth the effort.  I must say no more :-X :-X :-X :-X

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 April 2019, 16:42:01 »

What a poor state of affairs.

Are the level of crimes per capita the same as when we were young? For example arson.

Mrs V had her purse removed from her handbag and the handbag zipped up again in a Spanish tourist city. We contacted the police and they said they knew the Romanian gang working the city centre but they were too slick to get caught with any goods. The hassle of replacing all your cards and bank cards plus a new passport and 200 euros of cash. In the old days they would have been moved on but now that would be agin their umin rights. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 April 2019, 16:44:04 »

Freedom of movement has alot to answer for :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 April 2019, 16:53:36 »

I know the safety officer of a preserved railway not a million miles from me who had to remind the plod that they were up for a charge of trespassing on the railway and a potential of a £1000 fine each and/or a prison sentence when they started poking around on the track one evening investigating an allegation of a "jumper".

"Oh, it's okay. It's a preserved railway"
"It's really not OK!"
"But they don't run at night anyway"
"Can you hear that feint chuffing sound?"
"gulp"
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #54 on: 08 April 2019, 17:41:06 »

"gulp"

Plot twist: It was Kevin around the corner with a speaker, amplifier and C90 cassette recording of a steam train.

As for police response to crime, I must be careful in what I say in line with The Official Act and Police confidentiality, but I will simply say senior police chiefs have been "reviewing" what 'crimes' could be downgraded to non-response (beyond what the public see now) to free up the limited resources they have to respond satisfactory to 'higher rated crimes'.

STEMO's bumper fire would be definitely not be individually investigated, and only the other fires would constitute a need to investigate further, with eventually charging action, if those thought responsibility were not first time offenders and worth the effort.  I must say no more :-X :-X :-X :-X

In other words, you can do what you like unless it involves fiddling with children or speeding  :P

(I'm joking - the police do a hard job, and it's not one I'd want to do!)

Time for The Purge, anyone?

2boxerdogs

« Reply #55 on: 08 April 2019, 18:04:20 »

The country has gone far too soft , too many excuses made for criminals deprived childhood , dysfunctional families etc the list goes on with various excuses for this scum. But if you take the law into your own hands god help you. Unfortunately it's just going to get worse because no one has the balls to do anything about it.

aaronjb

« Reply #56 on: 08 April 2019, 18:17:19 »

Unfortunately it's just going to get worse because no one has the balls to do anything about it.

Indeed. We (collectively as a nation) haven't even got the balls to Brexit or not Brexit, but just make a decision already and get on with it.. ;D :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 April 2019, 18:18:05 »

We give more in overseas aid, then is spent on policing.
Hoof'land storeman.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 April 2019, 18:21:10 »

The country has gone far too soft , too many excuses made for criminals deprived childhood , dysfunctional families etc the list goes on with various excuses for this scum. But if you take the law into your own hands god help you. Unfortunately it's just going to get worse because no one has the balls to do anything about it.
[/quote.                                           Yes, agree 100% keeping on the correct side of the law is getting harder when these fkers seem to be able to get away with robbing,vandalising,scamming,etc and don’t get punished.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 April 2019, 18:22:59 »

We give more in overseas aid, then is spent on policing.

Fk! I hope that’s not true ???
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.