Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamer solitaire question  (Read 1082 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Gamer solitaire question
« on: 10 October 2017, 21:57:56 »

Mrs V is pretty good at a game of Solitaire Klondike. The version she plays  has daily and weekly world leaderboards which she regularly gets onto.

One player usually tops the leaderboard with impossible scores in terms of speed. Like a minute 17seconds today. That is 52 cards in 77 seconds

I flippantly say he has a software programme that plays hundreds of games a day, maybe thousands in the search for a game where the cards fall right as the minute you encounter difficulty and turn pack over and start again the time is stacked against a real player. Interestingly you never see a poor first game score from this person. Maybe the routine has an algorythm “ ditch the game if time elapsed exceeds 1 minute 25 sec”

So does the team think he/she could be using a routine for autoplay?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Gamer solitaire question
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2017, 22:22:58 »

No, absolutely not

It's me, I really am that good at it  . . . . .  ::)        ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2017, 07:06:14 »

The thing I've never understood... Is why people cheat at games. See also things like shooters where they use aiming assists and whatnot. For me, the fun of playing online is that you are actually better or worse than the opposition, not that youve got a higher score...?
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2017, 07:43:31 »

Sounds like a cheat to me Varche, I play spider solitare regularly and I might get in the top 10 maybe 25% of the time and only once got top 3 on best time,score and fewest moves and that is in four or five years and never had a top score.

The thing I've never understood... Is why people cheat at games. See also things like shooters where they use aiming assists and whatnot. For me, the fun of playing online is that you are actually better or worse than the opposition, not that youve got a higher score...?

Yeah I hate those people too, always spoil a good game and it`s not because they are better, I will bail from games when there is a cheater ruining it  :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2017, 09:13:05 »

Yep we have concluded it is a cheater. As you say rather defeats the purpose but does get their name at top of a world leaderboard!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2017, 18:56:06 »

Yep we have concluded it is a cheater. As you say rather defeats the purpose but does get their name at top of a world leaderboard!

But it'd be like me turning Strava on, throwing my phone in Zeke, and doing 120mph up the bypass. Obvious to anyone that cared that I hadn't done it on a bike, and anyone that doesn't use Strava... wouldn't give a monkeys anyway.

Similar to putting an M badge on a 318i, in fact...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.