Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon ??  (Read 2366 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
Amazon ??
« on: 26 May 2020, 12:54:03 »

at the mo i am on a free 28days trial at amazon & after registering the tv with them i am not sure what i am allowed to watch without paying a fee. dont want any big bills as i am not  really into watching much tv anyway. but whats on at the mo seem to be repeats.                   

STEMO

Re: Amazon ??
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2020, 12:58:39 »

If you're not into watching much tv, why bother? There's a few half decent series on there, including the Grand Tour with the now ancient, and somewhat strange, trio from top gear.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2020, 13:01:05 »

I am quite happy paying £12 a month for Netflix.

But all I will say regarding Amazon/Sky et al, is have you noticed how alot of the adverts on traditional telly box are for satellite/cable and how wonderful they and their offers are :-X

Now TV is just another way of trying to suck you into to the clutches of Sky.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2020, 13:06:25 »

I am reasonably happy with sky. After threatening to leave I got sky entertainment, box sets, sky sports complete package, hd and sky cinema for £52 a month.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2020, 13:09:18 »

If you're not into watching much tv, why bother? There's a few half decent series on there, including the Grand Tour with the now ancient, and somewhat strange, trio from top gear.

All younger than you though. :)

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2020, 13:10:24 »

All younger than you though. :)
That's not difficult.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2020, 13:11:23 »

The sight of Clarkson stuffing his beer belly into a Porsche 911 is quite embarrassing.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2020, 13:18:04 »

The sight of Clarkson stuffing his beer belly into a Porsche 911 is quite embarrassing.

Probably has trouble finding hiding his buried penis. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2020, 13:43:18 »

I have no interest in SKY any more. Might pay a fiver a month for it at a push but it wouldn't be worth any more than that to me.
I get Netflix and NOWtv for free which suits me fine.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2020, 14:29:17 »

there are some dodgy apps for your phone that get you all sorts of telly series (NOT seasons!!!!!!  >:() & films ..... apparently!  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2020, 20:43:14 »

there are some dodgy apps for your phone that get you all sorts of telly series (NOT seasons!!!!!!  >:() & films ..... apparently!  ::)

There was a few, seem to have gone....
 Allegedly there's a very good thing that works on tinternet for watching lots of money based viewing. for less.

I had Amazon for 6months from EE,, after Grand Tour, and a few good documentarys, I definitely wouldn't pay for it.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2020, 20:45:35 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2020, 21:13:49 »

at the mo i am on a free 28days trial at amazon & after registering the tv with them i am not sure what i am allowed to watch without paying a fee. dont want any big bills as i am not  really into watching much tv anyway. but whats on at the mo seem to be repeats.                 
  have done the browsing bit & tbh nothing there of interest to me, so probably not bother

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2020, 21:33:22 »

Have in the past bought a couple of books off Amazon,but always declined any offer of TV subscription.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2020, 22:26:21 »

have done the browsing bit & tbh nothing there of interest to me, so probably not bother

You didnt really get an answer. I have wondered the same . I am on about my second month and will be cancelling when I leave the land of unlimited fast internet next month. I watched all of the grand tour and started on Treadstone but found it tedious. I then failed to find anything else worth watching.

The more I delved the less obvious it was that it was free. I was disappointed that the film 1917 wasnt free. Might pay to watch it around 12th June though.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2020, 22:30:15 »

You didnt really get an answer. I have wondered the same . I am on about my second month and will be cancelling when I leave the land of unlimited fast internet next month. I watched all of the grand tour and started on Treadstone but found it tedious. I then failed to find anything else worth watching.

The more I delved the less obvious it was that it was free. I was disappointed that the film 1917 wasnt free. Might pay to watch it around 12th June though.

Good film!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.