Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3017382 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18450 on: 23 May 2019, 13:05:25 »

I've been meaning to post an update as I'm almost exacty2 months and 5000miles into my ownership.

So, in summary,  :y

I was listening Jimmy!  :y  ;D

Sounds great and I'm quite into the idea of an EV!  :y 

I wonder what the values of the G-Whizz are like these days?  :D  ;D

Don't worry sir Tig, I know almost no one will be interested unless it either leaves me stranded or sets fire to itself  ;D

They're a considered choice, i have half a mind to pick up an early leaf with a cr@p battery in the non-too-distant. Companies are starting to pop up that will upgrade/replace the packs to 40kwh for around the £8k mark.

This could mean you have a full EV, 150mile car, for £15k. Makes for a very cheap commuter car if you run it for 5yrs or so.

I'd be tempted to drop a V8 in it so it becomes a hybrid.

Environmentally friendly you see. :)

The polar bears would love you!  ;)

Your idea of a cheap commuter car is very different to mine. I paid £350 for mine, five years ago. Probably spent £700 on maintenance in that time, and fuel averages 15p per litre and 40mpg. I expect it to last many more years.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: 23 May 2019, 13:06:15 »

... Waved goodbye to her .... I am officialy no longer an Omega owner  :(  Sad really been a part fo the family for some while. New owner seems very pleased with her :)

Did it go to an OOFer Nige ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: 23 May 2019, 13:17:36 »

Yup, but I'll let him say who he is.. in case he doesn't want to .....  :)

STEMO

« Reply #18453 on: 23 May 2019, 13:27:32 »

You can rule me out, so that cuts it down a bit.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: 23 May 2019, 14:05:02 »

Not me either......but if you are in the market for another Omega I imagine Mr Entwood's car to be one of the beat available. :y

STEMO

« Reply #18455 on: 23 May 2019, 14:55:34 »

Not me either......but if you are in the market for another Omega I imagine Mr Entwood's car to be one of the beat available. :y
It's not available though, is it?  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: 23 May 2019, 15:12:25 »

It's not available though, is it?  ;D

Pedantic scouse git. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: 23 May 2019, 15:34:46 »

Your idea of a cheap commuter car is very different to mine. I paid £350 for mine, five years ago. Probably spent £700 on maintenance in that time, and fuel averages 15p per litre and 40mpg. I expect it to last many more years.  :)

True, as long as you don't want to commute, or travel for business into most of the major UK cities in the near future. For example the Birmingham congestion charge/clean air thing/not-so-stealth tax would add £1800 per year to your commuting costs.  :o

I can't deny that there is probably(?) no cheaper way to run a car than the way you run yours, but its also true that not many people, myself included would go to the level of effort required to run a car in the way you do. Different horses for different courses  :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18458 on: 23 May 2019, 16:06:09 »

Gave the Subaru forester a good clean inside & out, looks excellent now 😎

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: 23 May 2019, 18:17:48 »

True, as long as you don't want to commute, or travel for business into most of the major UK cities in the near future. For example the Birmingham congestion charge/clean air thing/not-so-stealth tax would add £1800 per year to your commuting costs.  :o

I can't deny that there is probably(?) no cheaper way to run a car than the way you run yours, but its also true that not many people, myself included would go to the level of effort required to run a car in the way you do. Different horses for different courses  :y

Agreed.  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: 23 May 2019, 21:07:20 »

Don’t be so sure, older petrols still way better than diesel. MotherT has now flogged her 2014 EClass, with a 45mpg 2.1 diesel, that was liable for the ULEZ. (Not reason for selling)

My 2002 3.2 V6, doing 24mpg,  still lists as no charge.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: 23 May 2019, 22:49:15 »

As does mine, so when I venture down that London to visit the daughter I will take the Omega rather than the 190. As the savings on ULEZ charge will probably outweigh the fuel savings.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: 24 May 2019, 10:07:10 »

Closing in on 6k miles on the Velar so time to order its replacement

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: 24 May 2019, 10:27:55 »

Don’t be so sure, older petrols still way better than diesel. MotherT has now flogged her 2014 EClass, with a 45mpg 2.1 diesel, that was liable for the ULEZ. (Not reason for selling)

Its tricky, because it seems every city is making up its own rules as to what is and is not chargeable.  ::)

Birmingham, everything that isn't Euro 6 (diesel) or Euro 4 (petrol) is chargeable apparently. As always though, I'll bet they don't apply it to all the sh!t chucking diesel busses they clog the city centre up with.  >:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: 24 May 2019, 10:41:44 »

Its tricky, because it seems every city is making up its own rules as to what is and is not chargeable.  ::)

Birmingham, everything that isn't Euro 6 (diesel) or Euro 4 (petrol) is chargeable apparently. As always though, I'll bet they don't apply it to all the sh!t chucking diesel busses they clog the city centre up with.  >:(
I read somewhere recently that this is going to change somehere.... perhaps..... soon ::)

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.