Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wheel alignment  (Read 1385 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
wheel alignment
« on: 17 November 2018, 15:20:57 »

yesterday I took my car for a wheel alignment check after drop links & lower front wishbones fitted. the guy doing the job confirmed it needed adjustment & wanted my say to allow him to do the adjustment. after a short while he called me to have a look underneath my car. the tie rods were ok ( they were new end of last may ). he told me that the bolts that clamped the adjustment piece were solid & he couldn't take the nuts off. his advice were to renew the inner & outer tie rods on both sides then take it back to him & he will do the alignment.  >:( what a pudding. bet I wont go back there.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: wheel alignment
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2018, 16:33:47 »

yesterday I took my car for a wheel alignment check after drop links & lower front wishbones fitted. the guy doing the job confirmed it needed adjustment & wanted my say to allow him to do the adjustment. after a short while he called me to have a look underneath my car. the tie rods were ok ( they were new end of last may ). he told me that the bolts that clamped the adjustment piece were solid & he couldn't take the nuts off. his advice were to renew the inner & outer tie rods on both sides then take it back to him & he will do the alignment.  >:( what a pudding. bet I wont go back there.

How awful. He's pointed out your knackered parts before damaging them and immobilising your car. You should complain to his head office and get him fired after he's paid you £1865 in compensation

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2018, 20:23:47 »

It wasn't Kwikfittup was it? ::) ::) ;)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2018, 16:29:10 »

How awful. He's pointed out your knackered parts before damaging them and immobilising your car. You should complain to his head office and get him fired after he's paid you £1865 in compensation

[/quote ] he never actually did anything, only attempt to undo the nuts so to enable the adjusters to turn.  tomorrow I shall take to my mates garage . take them off if I need to. but will try a bit of heat first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.