Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent ABS ECU connector removal  (Read 6293 times)

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent ABS ECU connector removal
« Reply #15 on: 18 July 2017, 16:00:55 »

Somehow it worked but it looks like a mess...Going to put it back together now...I don't have high hopes for this :-\
I would rather push omega than drive renault

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 July 2017, 16:03:13 »

Cant remember if purple bit is left or right of connector now. But its a large plastic tab that moves sideways :)

If you're still stuck when I get out of the bath, I'll go take a pic of one I have in the garage.

It pulls towards the centre of the car. It moves a lot further than you would expect. And access is almost as bad as the rudder post clamp on an Islander(guess what I did this morning?)

Pah, change the space heater on a Beverley or the gun scavenge system on a Mk1 Javelin if you want awkward. ::)
[/highlight]

Try changing a cabin pressure controller on a Lightning with the seat in  ;) ;D

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 July 2017, 17:42:48 »

I need to inform you that my "repair" didn't work...still has TC and ABS lights on and no speedo.
As to addittion to all the joy I can now hear power steering pump like never before. All I did was remove PSP fluid bottle, drained the oil and put it back...What did I screw up this time? :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2017, 18:24:48 »

The people who really deserve a kicking are the oppswits who put the engine wiring loom over the spark plugs, the suspension so maintenance unfriendly or the cam timing so complex.
All of these are just simple jobs, why are you getting your knickers in a twist over it?  Its about 20mins to change all 6 spark plugs, including tea. Whats wrong with the suspension, its probably far too simple TBH, and I've seen a cambelt done in 45mins before (always takes me nearer an hour).
Grumpy old man

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2017, 18:36:41 »

I need to inform you that my "repair" didn't work...still has TC and ABS lights on and no speedo.
As to addittion to all the joy I can now hear power steering pump like never before. All I did was remove PSP fluid bottle, drained the oil and put it back...What did I screw up this time? :'(
.     it is very difficult to repair those wires .they are the usual failure point and they are aluminium so you need a suitable solder and flux. its possible to solder copper wire to the copper tabs but joining to the others is where the problem arises.plus when you push the sticky goo out of the way its possible to break the very fine golden wires.they are extremely thin.there are places that refurb these units around the world. bba to name one in the uk .or you could try source a replacement unit. if yours is a 2.5 then a 3.0 unit is the same but you need to match wether its auto or manual.

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2017, 18:48:55 »

So the last chance for my omega is a abs ecu from 2.5/3.0 manual? Any other restrictions? Ebay should be my friend here...
And please...does anyone know why my power stearing is making weird noises now?....

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2017, 18:52:35 »

someone will correct me if im wrong but as far as i know turning steering from one extreme to the other a couple of times should bleed it ,if thats whats causing the noise. cant remember if the box has a bleed srew on or not ?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2017, 18:57:28 »

The people who really deserve a kicking are the oppswits who put the engine wiring loom over the spark plugs, the suspension so maintenance unfriendly or the cam timing so complex.
All of these are just simple jobs, why are you getting your knickers in a twist over it?  Its about 20mins to change all 6 spark plugs, including tea. Whats wrong with the suspension, its probably far too simple TBH, and I've seen a cambelt done in 45mins before (always takes me nearer an hour).

They are simple jobs, but some thought at the design stage would have made them even simpler: moving the engine wiring loom a few mm up or down the cam cover would have made changing the passenger side sparkplugs as easy as the drivers; non-adjustable camber would have eliminated the need to setup the front suspension so often; the cam timing tools are effective, but are far more complicated than necessary. I could go on but making scheduled, frequent maintenance free of built in snags ought to be a priority.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2017, 19:29:15 »

Cant remember if purple bit is left or right of connector now. But its a large plastic tab that moves sideways :)

If you're still stuck when I get out of the bath, I'll go take a pic of one I have in the garage.

It pulls towards the centre of the car. It moves a lot further than you would expect. And access is almost as bad as the rudder post clamp on an Islander(guess what I did this morning?)

Pah, change the space heater on a Beverley or the gun scavenge system on a Mk1 Javelin if you want awkward. ::)

I believe the lightning was a bit of a pig to work on too, upside done in the cockpit footwell particularly !
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2017, 21:24:59 »

They are simple jobs, but some thought at the design stage would have made them even simpler: moving the engine wiring loom a few mm up or down the cam cover would have made changing the passenger side sparkplugs as easy as the drivers; non-adjustable camber would have eliminated the need to setup the front suspension so often; the cam timing tools are effective, but are far more complicated than necessary. I could go on but making scheduled, frequent maintenance free of built in snags ought to be a priority.
I'd definitely disagree with the camber.  I find the other bits a non issue personally.  But the oil filter could be better positioned (but the downside of using a FWD engine in RWD). And a block coolant drain would be nice.
Grumpy old man

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2017, 21:53:50 »

I believe the lightning was a bit of a pig to work on too, upside done in the cockpit footwell particularly !

See post 16  ::) ;D

Its sat nicely behind the rudder pedal box and the plug has to be wirelocked  :'( :'(

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 July 2017, 06:45:49 »

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-ABS-PUMP-ECU-MODUAL-DX-09-127-952-0-273-004-206-/232406590592?nav=SEARCH 
I've found an ABS unit with the same part number as mine. I just need to contact seller and ask him if he could send it to me, because he sells this item "UK ONLY"...it doesn't say what engine/ model it came from ...Would that be plug and play or will it neet a chat with tech2?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2017, 08:44:33 »

I have a few abs ecu's and am pretty sure one will be from a manual V6 , I'll check later as I'm happy to send
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 July 2017, 08:56:57 »

That would be nice :y I just hope it will be plug and play.
Oh and by the way, I went to buy some ATF for servo pump - now it's all quiet as it was and I just noticed that after my "repair" of ABS ecu speedo works again :o :D...It's much easier to drive if I'm not afraid of breaking the speed limit like before

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2017, 09:41:19 »

if speedo now works it sounds like your repair itself was successfull in re joining the silver wires but you may have snapped a gold wire. they are so fine they break when you move the gooo out of the way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.