Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Springs tip for my fellow OOFers...  (Read 1582 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Springs tip for my fellow OOFers...
« on: 22 June 2019, 19:51:43 »

If you're in the market for rear springs.. Ebay isnt showing much up aside form the usual ATP and KYB, the latter seem to be known for fairly short lifespans.. Sachs are OEM for our cars... carparts4less (who are also selling on ebay) have some part number on their site 627720280 .... however I noticed they had a 'special' discount deal on 20% off, so the springs were £73.68, down to £58.94. That discount deal's probably ended by now, but I'm sure there'll be another one along in about 5 mins  ;)

These are the cheapest Sachs springs I've seen, and they're becoming hard to source now.

After the various awkward questions I've been fielding on OOF lately I thought I'd try and 'put something back'  :D  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Springs tip for my fellow OOFers...
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2019, 20:35:00 »

:y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2019, 14:34:57 »

Carparts4Less are part of Euroshiteparts, so worth checking both (with their various discount codes) as to which is cheaper.

*HOWEVER* if there is only a couple of quid in it, I'd go for Euroshite instead, because when things go wrong with CP4L its nigh on impossible to sort out, because you can't talk to anyone that can actually help (ie, somebody from ECP) because they are essentially a virtual company. Been there, worn that one :(

At least with Euroshite, you can call them, and they can actually do something. Note, although the same company, ECP will not assist with CP4L issues.

In my case, my missing spring was eventually sorted after about 4 weeks of daily effort to chase it. Delivered to my door by my local ECP store ;)
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2019, 16:46:27 »

Ta TB, I did go in 'eyes open' with that one, and you're absolutely right about Crapartsforless and eurocrapparts, they have a ton of horror stories behind them, I'm pretty sure theyve been known to send out 'a part of equivalent quality' before too? ie: pay for Bosch, get Ning-po etc..

However, just to say, they arrived yesterday, they are pukka Sachs, Sachs boxed etc, so if anyone wants to stock up, I've been the guineapig on this one  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2019, 17:08:56 »

When I changed the head gaskets on my Omega, I bought the head bolts from CP4L.  I think I bought them via an ebay listing and the price was very good for 16 bolts.  :y

When they turned up there were only 8 bolts though  :(, so I got on the blower and spoke to a fella who insisted that the listing was for 8 bolts.  I told him to check the listing as there were clearly 16 bolts in the picture.  "Hold on" he said "I'll check." When he came back on he apologised and said that 8 more bolts would be sent out ASAP and they arrived the next day!  :y

So I can't fault CP4L, have bought stuff from them since without any problem and they are often cheaper than ECP!  :y 

TB obviously being on the online blacklist gets a shitty experience every time!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2019, 17:22:46 »

I concur with TB on craparts4less. I have had issues with them one several occasions and trying to get things put right is close to impossible.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2019, 17:55:10 »

I concur with TB on craparts4less. I have had issues with them one several occasions and trying to get things put right is close to impossible.
My feedback for my last purchase from them was as offensive as I could make it without it being deleted.

Onanist is such a versatile adjective... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2019, 17:29:02 »

Ta TB, I did go in 'eyes open' with that one, and you're absolutely right about Crapartsforless and eurocrapparts, they have a ton of horror stories behind them, I'm pretty sure theyve been known to send out 'a part of equivalent quality' before too? ie: pay for Bosch, get Ning-po etc..

However, just to say, they arrived yesterday, they are pukka Sachs, Sachs boxed etc, so if anyone wants to stock up, I've been the guineapig on this one  :y
I think ECP used to have some dodgy suppliers - I too have seen where they pass off inferior parts as big brands.  But I think since they were taken over, this has improved, and now all the old dodgy stock has gone.  They still sell shit cheap, but you know what you are buying is shit.

CP4L ship from same warehouse as ECP, so the parts are the same.  But not worth the hassle if anything goes wrong.  Fortunately I have contacts within ECP who finally helped sort my issue, because CP4L were incapable.

The Sachs springs are very good, BTW, and are my first choice for Omegas now :y
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2019, 19:31:53 »

Aye  :y until a crate of new old stock LSC ones turns up, along with the Ark of the Covenant, they're my first choice too  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2019, 20:06:56 »

I have a pair of those Sachs springs on the rear of my Elite and Im very happy with them.
They make it a little stiffer and a lot less roly poly than the standard Elite springs.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2019, 21:14:05 »

Good to know, as I've not actually fitted them yet  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.