Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring back the lockdown!  (Read 4187 times)

STEMO

Bring back the lockdown!
« on: 14 May 2020, 14:30:50 »

Just been out with dog. Car park rammed, kids screaming, dads being shouty, dogs barking, kids on bikes with rap music playing.
It's been a total failure, it needs to kill a couple of billion.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back the lockdown!
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2020, 14:35:13 »

Couldn't agree more Steve, some of the reports I've seen are absolutely unbelievable talk about low intelligence levels  there's even talks of anti lockdown demonstrations in various cities over the weekend it really beggars belief..😩
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2020, 14:51:13 »

All the time we have put into it so far is now being nonchalantly pissed away💦💦
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2020, 14:55:00 »

Just been out with dog. Car park rammed, kids screaming, dads being shouty, dogs barking, kids on bikes with rap music playing.
It's been a total failure, it needs to kill a couple of billion.

This is because Covid generally kills old people who sit quietly in sodden underwear.

It's the young who survive and make lots of noise. :)

STEMO

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2020, 15:22:18 »

I have been loving lockdown, apart from not being able to go to my little club. If we could reopen it and keep the rest of lockdown in place I would be more than happy.
Talking of my little club. Im Secretary there, and was happy to receive £10,000 from the council to help us through the current crisis.
Now, what car can I buy for ten grand ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2020, 15:28:25 »

I have been loving lockdown, apart from not being able to go to my little club. If we could reopen it and keep the rest of lockdown in place I would be more than happy.
Talking of my little club. Im Secretary there, and was happy to receive £10,000 from the council to help us through the current crisis.

TVR Griffith 500.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2020, 16:04:58 »

In the US "they ain't gonna stand for it"  :o

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/us/coronavirus-businesses-lockdown-guns.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
You have to fear for the Americans , how many will die when the second wave hits the country ?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2020, 16:10:12 »

TVR Griffith 500.

Wouldn't have a TVR as a gift. Heaps of shite, the lot of them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2020, 16:18:24 »

I wish that it would kill off those who are too stupid to obey lockdown. Or those who complain about it being policed. I've had the conversation over and over again. "Would you mind awfully just popping back to your house to minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus?" "Its a proper police state this, proper shocking, ooman rights, whats it got to do with you where I'm going?" "Try taking that attitude to France or Columbia and see how far it gets you, now bloody go home".
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2020, 16:30:16 »

I wish that it would kill off those who are too stupid to obey lockdown. Or those who complain about it being policed. I've had the conversation over and over again. "Would you mind awfully just popping back to your house to minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus?" "Its a proper police state this, proper shocking, ooman rights, whats it got to do with you where I'm going?" "Try taking that attitude to France or Columbia and see how far it gets you, now bloody go home".

We are far too soft in the UK too many snowflakes & idiots that care about rights for people who are total scum, this situation that we are all in is not going to end well unless someone in power takes  a grip, the second wave will happen & things will have to get a lot tougher.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2020, 16:36:05 »

TVR Griffith 500.

Wouldn't have a TVR as a gift. Heaps of shite, the lot of them.

You could enjoy getting high on the smell of glue holding it together.... ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2020, 16:48:23 »

I saw on TV that the police have no power to enforce the social distancing rule,so why have it? I must say that while out with the dog today and also while doing my monthly shopping everyone round here still seems to be abiding by the rules.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2020, 17:11:16 »

I saw on TV that the police have no power to enforce the social distancing rule,so why have it? I must say that while out with the dog today and also while doing my monthly shopping everyone round here still seems to be abiding by the rules.

It's simply advice no more no less & would be physically impossible to police , I have got to say where we are & where we go walking everyone sticks to it ,we have not ventured into the town since the middle of March but apparently people are behaving like it's all over and not worrying about social distancing depends how much you value your life / like living simple really.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2020, 17:41:58 »

I find it strange the way people queue obediently six feet apart outside the supermarket, but are all over each other once inside.

I had to endure a big-titted blonde reaching across me to get something from the top shelf. >:( :( :-X :-\ ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2020, 17:46:51 »

I find it strange the way people queue obediently six feet apart outside the supermarket, but are all over each other once inside.

I had to endure a big-titted blonde reaching across me to get something from the top shelf. >:( :( :-X :-\ ;D

Must have been an awful experience 😄😀😃

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2020, 17:48:39 »

Did you refrain from 'avin a nibble'  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2020, 18:21:11 »

I was wearing some Hai Karate aftershave that I had left over from the seventies. Never fails to get the ladies wet with desire. :) :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2020, 18:24:35 »

https://youtu.be/n7nPRFQFgmQ

The encounter went something like this. :)

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2020, 18:27:08 »

You managed to fight her off then. Good man.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2020, 18:31:06 »

I had no choice. The other option being mammary suffocation. :)

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2020, 18:52:36 »

I had no choice. The other option being mammary suffocation. :)
I can think of worse ways to go  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2020, 19:30:32 »

Ah, Valerie Leon, also in the Carry On films. As for shopping, out local Sainsbury has notices saying only one person per visit. There was a family of four wandering up and down and blocking the whole aisle.  ::)

mars

• Omega Baron
  • Cannock, Staffordshire
    • Vivaro Sportive BMW 330d
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2020, 21:20:48 »

I was in my local Asda store about 2 weeks ago and they have arrows telling you which way to go and lines 2 metres apart etc. Most of the people were being very sensible except for a couple of people going against the direction of the arrows and zig-zagging about from one aisle to another
There is no such thing as bad beer, some beers are better than others.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2020, 21:46:06 »

It's guidance, in the same way as "wash your hands a lot" and "give that handle/ trolley/ etc a wipe down before you use it". If people do it it's expected to reduce the risk.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need to make laws, just pop some guidance out for people to follow until this is all over.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 May 2020, 12:53:42 »

It's guidance, in the same way as "wash your hands a lot" and "give that handle/ trolley/ etc a wipe down before you use it". If people do it it's expected to reduce the risk.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need to make laws, just pop some guidance out for people to follow until this is all over.

Yes, indeed. :y

My theory is that the infection / death rates have been lower in some Asian countries due to their populations being more inclined to go with the flock, to do what the authorities tell them all the time, and not express their 'freedoms' as we do in the democratic West. 

Democracy, and our history to obtain it often with the British giving their very blood and flesh to get it, means we have learnt to question; to rebel when things seem unjust, and general expressing a greater degree of expressing our freedoms by revolt as and when necessary.  Us, the French in particular, and Americans as examples, will participate in a full revolution if our liberties are  brought into question.   The good people of Hong Kong are trying to follow the democratic tendencies the British gave them, but they are amateurs compared to the French, and under the constant threat of China are struggling to go forward.  But their infection rates, like South Korea are lower than ours, so perhaps their is a lesson to be learnt there! ;)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2020, 01:52:18 »

My great grand father policed the British Empire with his regiment between the wars.
I`ve got a foto somewhere of him with his mates sitting around  dirty great big machine gun
I think they used it to persuade the locals to stop expressing their 'freedoms'  :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2020, 09:26:55 »

My great grand father policed the British Empire with his regiment between the wars.
I`ve got a foto somewhere of him with his mates sitting around  dirty great big machine gun
I think they used it to persuade the locals to stop expressing their 'freedoms'  :-X

Oh yes, the Great Days of Empire that kept the rabble, peasants, under control. :D :D

Some of my teachers in the past, and colleagues of my military father, were really quite proud of that! :o :o :o

The truth is though that the British Empire was far more 'liberal' that many that had gone before, and considered really kind compared to the likes of the Soviet Union, and I suspect of the China today ;)
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 09:29:53 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 May 2020, 13:13:55 »

Oh yes, the Great Days of Empire that kept the rabble, peasants, under control. :D :D

Some of my teachers in the past, and colleagues of my military father, were really quite proud of that! :o :o :o

The truth is though that the British Empire was far more 'liberal' that many that had gone before, and considered really kind compared to the likes of the Soviet Union, and I suspect of the China today ;)
But dissent was still ruthlessly suppressed when it was deemed required.  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 May 2020, 14:13:26 »

Very true, but due to the nature of British governments eventually progress was made by "the peasants" to win their rights, often after sweat and blood being spilt, but "the people" got their in the end.  The Chartists of 1838-48 saw results in the latter half of that century, into the twentieth, and even the likes of India eventually won their independence, although more due to Britain being bankrupt than for any kindness!! ;)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 May 2020, 14:33:12 »

Very true, but due to the nature of British governments eventually progress was made by "the peasants" to win their rights, often after sweat and blood being spilt, but "the people" got their in the end.  The Chartists of 1838-48 saw results in the latter half of that century, into the twentieth, and even the likes of India eventually won their independence, although more due to Britain being bankrupt than for any kindness!! ;)
You just appear to have debunked your own theory there Lizzie.  :o

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 May 2020, 15:56:17 »

You just appear to have debunked your own theory there Lizzie.  :o

No and yes :D :D

Indian resistance to British rule had grown greatly, with much revolutionary action, and the likes of Gandhi worked hard to get the British to contemplate giving independence in the 1930's, with the British public "kindness" starting to think that would be a good idea.  The Second World hastened this move, and once that war was over Britain needed to quickly off load what had become a dreadful drain on finances that it did not have.  So, before even India was ready for it, Britain brought the independence forward to 1947.  So, India achieved its independence that it had been fighting for, but at dreadful human cost, and Britain lost the 'Jewel in the Crown' and the huge cost of maintaining rule.  Everyone - well not quite - eventually were happy to achieve their goals. ;)

Now that is a short snapshot of what transpired. :)
« Last Edit: 16 May 2020, 16:00:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 May 2020, 22:57:38 »

I went out for a bike ride this afternoon and there were loads more cars on the road.  :(

Zipping around the empty country roads was much more fun!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 May 2020, 15:51:57 »

No and yes :D :D

Indian resistance to British rule had grown greatly, with much revolutionary action, and the likes of Gandhi worked hard to get the British to contemplate giving independence in the 1930's, with the British public "kindness" starting to think that would be a good idea.  The Second World hastened this move, and once that war was over Britain needed to quickly off load what had become a dreadful drain on finances that it did not have.  So, before even India was ready for it, Britain brought the independence forward to 1947.  So, India achieved its independence that it had been fighting for, but at dreadful human cost, and Britain lost the 'Jewel in the Crown' and the huge cost of maintaining rule.  Everyone - well not quite - eventually were happy to achieve their goals. ;)

Now that is a short snapshot of what transpired. :)

compare that to the disaster that France made of trying to keep its empire, and the mess that made in SE Asia and North Africa.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.