Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: bt broadband  (Read 2626 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
bt broadband
« on: 21 February 2019, 11:35:38 »

yesterday i had a call from a bt rep asking if i wanted a faster broadband speed for another £7 month. at the moment they told me that i was on a 30 & it would double to 60. anyway i declined & i am sure today my broadband speed is a fair bit slower. would they tweak me down a bit ?? :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: bt broadband
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2019, 11:50:58 »

Oooh a cynic :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2019, 12:01:20 »

Depends what your doing on the World Wide Wait and how fast you need to go, and of course how much your paying.

BT, in fact most of them are rubbish around here, unless you want to pay stupid money, despite the fact Im only 30 seconds from the M25 and Bordering London.

For me, apart from the normal Media stuff, I do a lot of Cloud work, so Up Speeds are important to me, something which even Fibre struggles with here, reason Im still using an Unlimited 4g Data Sim attached to a Router, I get a consistent 40 to 50 Down, 35 to 40 Up, probably a lot more when everyones tucked up in bed, 20 quid a month including Unlimited Calls and Texts works for me.  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2019, 12:32:14 »

Those tin foil hats aren't great for the Wi-Fi signal. ::)

I very much doubt that BT could organise getting feedback from their marketing department to someone capable of throttling your connection within a day, based on the fact that it takes them at least a week to repond to any other stimulus. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2019, 12:41:10 »

Those tin foil hats aren't great for the Wi-Fi signal. ::)

I very much doubt that BT could organise getting feedback from their marketing department to someone capable of throttling your connection within a day, based on the fact that it takes them at least a week to repond to any other stimulus. ;D
Week?, try Months Kevin, I and a small Team used to earn good money doing Telecom and IT working for High Street Banks over a Weekend at short notice on behalf of BT, until BT decided probably wasnt a good idea to have Contractors running loose in Banks unattended, despite the fact all the Works was done and dusted and ready for action come Monday morning.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2019, 12:54:46 »

When I got my homehub (5/6?) last September, I was informed it was far better than the current sky router I was using and would reach every corner of the house with ease. Fast forward five months and they are trying to get me to invest in some super duper discs that will make sure that my internet reaches every corner of the house.
Yeah, right, eff off. I got a good deal with internet and free BT sport for 18 months for £29.99 a month, after which the internet goes up to £54 and BT sport is £25 a month. Sky will no doubt want my custom back by then.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2019, 12:56:31 »

Or.....virgin have marked our road out for the contractors to put in cabling.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2019, 13:08:43 »

When I got my homehub (5/6?) last September, I was informed it was far better than the current sky router I was using and would reach every corner of the house with ease. Fast forward five months and they are trying to get me to invest in some super duper discs that will make sure that my internet reaches every corner of the house.
Yeah, right, eff off. I got a good deal with internet and free BT sport for 18 months for £29.99 a month, after which the internet goes up to £54 and BT sport is £25 a month. Sky will no doubt want my custom back by then.  ::)

All broadband routers are limited to the same maximum output power so it's all just the emperor's new clothes.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2019, 13:21:02 »

Quick q... Is TB working from home today?  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2019, 13:59:58 »

All broadband routers are limited to the same maximum output power so it's all just the emperor's new clothes.

Granted, but some are better at beam-forming to eek out the maximum possible distance, and some have significantly better antennas for the Rx side of things ;) The range on my Ubiquiti UniFi LR is much better than on the UniFi AP AC Pro, for example.. shame they lock up randomly :-X

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2019, 15:28:42 »

The independent reviews I've read say that the homehub is better than others due to the number, and position, of the antennas.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2019, 17:58:54 »

I doubt his ability to break everything he goes near has developed enough to have affected your internet connection.

Yet ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2019, 18:09:49 »

I doubt his ability to break everything he goes near has developed enough to have affected your internet connection.

Yet ;D
;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2019, 18:49:32 »

Yet ;D
Im afraid He does, He managed to kill me off with OOF with my T Mobile Connection a while back  ::), I ended up having to bounce my connection half way around the Planet via various VPN Networks in order to post on OOF.  :(

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2019, 18:57:58 »

Yet ;D
Im afraid He does, He managed to kill me off with OOF with my T Mobile Connection a while back  ::), I ended up having to bounce my connection half way around the Planet via various VPN Networks in order to post on OOF.  :(
Sounds deliberate to me  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2019, 19:21:02 »

Yet ;D
Sounds deliberate to me  ;D
I think you could be right     ....and I'll tell him you said so, after all yours is slightly bigger than mine       .....Post Count that is.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2019, 23:45:05 »

Granted, but some are better at beam-forming to eek out the maximum possible distance, and some have significantly better antennas for the Rx side of things ;) The range on my Ubiquiti UniFi LR is much better than on the UniFi AP AC Pro, for example.. shame they lock up randomly :-X

True, but we're talking much better kit an any ISP freebie here!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2019, 19:49:21 »

No, when you posted that I was in Sheffield, breaking the Internet.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2019, 19:50:35 »

Yet ;D
I bet I could ;).  Admittedly I'd probably be down the job centre the next day.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2019, 12:35:44 »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.