Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Accelera Tyres  (Read 4925 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Accelera Tyres
« Reply #15 on: 30 December 2019, 10:51:56 »

Not drive the Phi's on an Omega, but some members here said they weren't as good as the previous Alphas.  I have driven the Alphas on Omegas, and they are definitely middle of the road budgets.

If on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the completely lethal Autogrip FS10x and 10 being PS4, I'd put the Alpha at around a 3.  Scale based on your likelihood of living, ie, outright grip in both lateral and longitudinal grip, consistency of grip.
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2019, 13:23:14 »

I’ll chip in and add that the Kumhos I’ve got are comfy, quiet and we’re Cheap.

I’ll also add though that I fit my own tyres so save a lot on that. I’ll also add that I am miss daisy so eBoys the best one to listen to. Even though he tells me he’s a reformed character I still reckon he’d be a rally driver compared to me 🤣
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2019, 13:24:05 »

Oh and mine are summer tyres. No idea about the winter versions.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2019, 13:49:06 »

I’ll also add though that I fit my own tyres so save a lot on that. I’ll also add that I am miss daisy so eBoys the best one to listen to. Even though he tells me he’s a reformed character I still reckon he’d be a rally driver compared to me 🤣
Kuhmos are a mid range tyre. Downside is they provide insufficient feedback when on the limit, so never quite sure when they are going to kill you ;D

Annoyingly, they have started to get a bit pricey - they used to be a midrange tyre at a budget price, but are now a mid range tyre at a mid range price.  One of the better midrange though, IMHO.

I'd give them a 6 on the aforementioned scale, losing a point on the (lack of) feedback.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2019, 13:50:48 »

Oh and mine are summer tyres. No idea about the winter versions.
I don't think the winters here justify a winter tyre, as long as the summer tyres you buy are decent.

Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2019, 14:10:44 »

Your in that London place, there's plenty of  little side street, tyre fitting places that do some good deals, and I would think you could get the tyre that you want fitted, for £70 a corner.
 Stop over thinking a simple issue.
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2019, 15:16:28 »

Kuhmos are a mid range tyre. Downside is they provide insufficient feedback when on the limit, so never quite sure when they are going to kill you ;D

Annoyingly, they have started to get a bit pricey - they used to be a midrange tyre at a budget price, but are now a mid range tyre at a mid range price.  One of the better midrange though, IMHO.

I'd give them a 6 on the aforementioned scale, losing a point on the (lack of) feedback.

An excellent review. However I’m pleased to confirm that being on the limit doesn’t happen for me 🤣

The only driving limit I seem to constantly exceed is the quantity of fuel I have. 😖😖😖😖
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2019, 23:37:19 »

Your in that London place, there's plenty of  little side street, tyre fitting places that do some good deals, and I would think you could get the tyre that you want fitted, for £70 a corner.
They're disappearing faster than pubs. A decent sized premises is worth far more as a building site than as a business.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 December 2019, 00:21:54 »

They're disappearing faster than pubs. A decent sized premises is worth far more as a building site than as a business.

I dropped a young Polish gal I work with up to a strange place called Feltham just before Xmas. Her sister used to work in a local pub, but some upgrades were made & that pub is now a Tesco Express   :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 December 2019, 01:46:04 »

They've been doing that for years...
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 December 2019, 07:44:53 »

I dropped a young Polish gal I work with up to a strange place called Feltham just before Xmas. Her sister used to work in a local pub, but some upgrades were made & that pub is now a Tesco Express   :o

When ever I'm about my business, I see no end of little tyre places, I must just be lucky ;)
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 31 December 2019, 08:30:19 »

Nice of you to save her the walk of shame :y ;D

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 December 2019, 15:06:29 »

Nice of you to save her the walk of shame :y ;D

I thought it was my duty to.........   :-[
Nah she`s well out of my league, although I did get a peck on the cheek  ;D

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 December 2019, 16:11:34 »

these tyre choices are usually a very personal thing depending on what you want.
my mate is a taxi driver and does a lot of mileage,he rents the car from base and they usually fit the longest lasting hardest tyre to save money whereas i dont do a lot of mileage per car so i want the softest comfiest tyres i can find as longevity of tread wear is not a consideration .
my personal taste is goodyear and my omega has efficient grips which i find excellent.
it did have some budget tyres on when i got it which were very hard and apoeared to have lasted nearly 30,000 with good tread still on. they would have lasted me forever ! lol
forget the make now thou

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 December 2019, 17:48:53 »

My old BCTs were on my car for 6 years. It’s true that my annual mileage is only around 7k miles but when I replaced them last year they still had 7mm tread on  ::) ;D

They were replaced as they were rock hard and perished to fook in the tread. Also the car crashed in to pot holes. That’s been drastically improved with the new tyres. Could replace front shockers as well to make it silky smooth but I’m broke as a joke 🤣
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.