Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Coke
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2018, 17:53:14 »

Double diamond was my poison in my early drinking days.

🎵 A double diamond works wonders so drink one today 🎶

Not really proper beer (ale) though. More a form of mass produced chemical piss.
Like Carling then..  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2018, 18:21:06 »

As for the £22 quid a Pint, its all this Craft Beer nonsense, dont get me wrong Im all in for more Beer and flavor choice in Real Ale form, but instead they call it Craft Beer from a Craft Brewery, throw it in a Can, Bottle or serve it from a Gassed up Keg Pump and then charge Yuppie prices for the stuff. Its a very popular thing in London at the moment for some reason, which is helping to drive the prices up.  ::)  >:(

It's nothing new really.  Anyone remember the 'Firkin' chain of pubs where they brewed their own beer on the premises?  ???

There was the Fleece and Firkin in Bristol and I used to drink in the Goose and Firkin which I think was in Lewisham.  A few pints of Dog Bolter and I clearly didn't know where I was!  ;D

I never did it, but they had the Firkin Challenge where you had to have a pint in every one of their pubs including the Fleece in Bristol.  The Fleece and Firkin was the only Firkin pub outside of London as far as I'm aware.  :)

IIRC the chain was bought out by one of the big breweries in the late 1990's who promptly got rid of the onsite micro breweries and tried to run it with their mass produced pish, but it didn't work and they all disappeared or were rebranded.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2018, 19:09:36 »

I used to drink in a pub called 'The ferret and firkin in the balloon up the creek' in Chelsea.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2018, 19:38:58 »

I'm still trying to get my head round the idea that it's £166 for one bottle of coke

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 28 August 2018, 20:04:46 »

I'm still trying to get my head round the idea that it's £166 for one bottle of coke
Yeah. I'd definitely get two for three quid.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 August 2018, 20:11:34 »

Me too :y That's one heck of a saving :D ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2018, 09:40:35 »

As for the £22 quid a Pint, its all this Craft Beer nonsense, dont get me wrong Im all in for more Beer and flavor choice in Real Ale form, but instead they call it Craft Beer from a Craft Brewery, throw it in a Can, Bottle or serve it from a Gassed up Keg Pump and then charge Yuppie prices for the stuff. Its a very popular thing in London at the moment for some reason, which is helping to drive the prices up.  ::)  >:(

It's nothing new really.  Anyone remember the 'Firkin' chain of pubs where they brewed their own beer on the premises?  ???

There was the Fleece and Firkin in Bristol and I used to drink in the Goose and Firkin which I think was in Lewisham.  A few pints of Dog Bolter and I clearly didn't know where I was!  ;D

I never did it, but they had the Firkin Challenge where you had to have a pint in every one of their pubs including the Fleece in Bristol.  The Fleece and Firkin was the only Firkin pub outside of London as far as I'm aware.  :)

IIRC the chain was bought out by one of the big breweries in the late 1990's who promptly got rid of the onsite micro breweries and tried to run it with their mass produced pish, but it didn't work and they all disappeared or were rebranded.  :(

Yep, I had a mate who was living in near Windsor at the time and I'm sure there was a <something> and firkin there. The brewery inside appeared to be mainly for decoration, though. Never saw it actually brewing anything.

Zirk is correct that most "craft beer" is actually from a keg, however, so it's not real ale. Thankfully, most of it has more flavour than the bilge that used to be sold from kegs before real ale picked up in popularity again. I'll still always choose a cask beer in preference, though.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2018, 16:29:25 »

Two words...

Sugar Tax ;)

Diet Coke, No tax
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2018, 16:35:53 »

Why on earth did you think a convenience store selling impulse items would be cheaper than the chippy.

I won't ask why you are taking your ex out for posh nosh - you do know how to treat a girl :D

I asked for a can, she thought about the cost but went ahead anyway, cans are about .70p but i never think to compare the 330ml@.70p verse 500ml@£1.30 cost :-\

I buy the 30 pack of cans for £10 (.30p each) just gone up from £7.50 :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 29 August 2018, 17:51:29 »

Why on earth did you think a convenience store selling impulse items would be cheaper than the chippy.

I won't ask why you are taking your ex out for posh nosh - you do know how to treat a girl :D

I asked for a can, she thought about the cost but went ahead anyway, cans are about .70p but i never think to compare the 330ml@.70p verse 500ml@£1.30 cost :-\

I buy the 30 pack of cans for £10 (.30p each) just gone up from £7.50 :y
In Asda
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.