Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why make every topic an argument?  (Read 5205 times)

cleggy

Re: Why make every topic an argument?
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2013, 09:35:45 »

I rest my case.

You've obviously taken your medication this morning, that's two sensible posts in a row ::) ;) ;D ;D ;D

STMO123

« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2013, 09:38:15 »

I rest my case.

You've obviously taken your medication this morning, that's two sensible posts in a row ::) ;) ;D ;D ;D
Not properly awake yet. Normal service will be resumed ASAP. :P

cleggy

« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2013, 09:39:12 »

I rest my case.

GOOD  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2013, 09:39:24 »

I rest my case.

agreed , top performance will be reached at midnight ;D :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 April 2013, 10:16:49 »

I rest my case.

100% accurate as usual   ...  (well .. sometimes .. :)  :)  :)  )

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #20 on: 11 April 2013, 10:17:18 »

and I must note, STMO also sometimes criticise me or some others.. but never disturbs/offends me because he tells the truth  in a perfectly witty/joking and friendly style.. and thats a very good example of how you say is important than what you say.. :y

albitz

« Reply #21 on: 11 April 2013, 10:35:02 »

I dont want to get too involved in all this,mostly because its very tedious,but it might be worth bearing in mind (or even researching threads if you have time/inclination) that Cem wasnt the only memebr to have "strong differences of opinion" with the member who  apparently decided to leave recently. Far from it in fact.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 April 2013, 10:36:23 »

Glad you have sorted that lot out lads,all friends again and hope we all can get back to what the forum is all about..p.s...i have taken my pills today..cheers lads. :y :y :D :D :D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 April 2013, 10:39:50 »

It's one of the reasons I'm taking a bit of a break ;) I'm not coming on here as much as I used to because I found my mouse hovering over the delete button on several occasions recently :'(

I point blank refuse to get wound up about anybody hammering away behind a keyboard anymore.
Don't get me wrong here, I've vented my spleen a few times over the years after a bad day and probably definitely pished a few folks off BUT at the end of the day it is just some bloke having a rant and should be taken as just that  ;)

Life much too short to get wound up about petty little arguments and opinions.
After all, this is a internet forum ................ the real world is away from your computer  ;)

albitz

« Reply #24 on: 11 April 2013, 10:43:13 »

I am slowly coming to the same conclusion,thankfully. :y
It is a bit of a shame though,what OOF has become from what it once was,but I suppose its inevitable.Nothing good lasts forever. :(

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #25 on: 11 April 2013, 10:45:01 »

Most forums seem to head in this direction sooner or later. The reason people join, surely, is because it's a forum where they can ask a specific question about their omega. Most answers (99.999%) are available just by reading, no need to join. Out of the 12000 odd members, very few contribute on a regular basis.
So....most people gravitate towards general discussion which, although not the primary function of the forum, is certainly the busiest. It is the only section of the forum where a personal opinion is genuinely valid. The technical parts are mostly cut-and-dried, where a specific question has (mostly) a specific answer.
Now to expect ordinary folk to respect each others point of view, without argument (not discussion) and friction, esp on such emotive subjects as welfare, politics etc., would be akin to trying to make a better world. Gen diss is what humans do and no amount of  self-evaluation is going to change that. Personally, I try to take it all with a pinch of salt. There will be some very genuine people on here, but there will also be a few who are nothing like their online persona. It is emotionally dangerous to get too involved.
So, in conclusion, if you want people to stop acting like people, then you are on a hiding to nothing.

A truer sentence has never been spoken Steve! :D :D :D :y :y :y :y

All of us want to express our opinions, connected to whatever knowledge we have in that subject. Some of us have few words; some do not want to commit to "paper"; others have plenty to say but get frustrated when they cannot express their views, whilst the rest have plenty of words to say and the means to express them in print.  We are all very different, and let's praise that fact! :y :y :y

If you think some debates on here are "heated", which actually I see as being rare, you should have attended some of the open debates I have attended in big lecture halls!! ::) ::) ::) ::)  For instance you can have 12 historians in one room, and have 14 opinions with view points, with plenty of heat behind those "professional" observations!  I joke not  :o :o  Same as in business, when I have been involved in real heavy commercial matters at a high level, and normally friendly colleagues will stab each other in the back to get their opinion across. Not to everyone's taste we know, and it obviously disturbs some on here.

The bottom line is though that some of us really enjoy the "debate", and we all know their names, no doubt including mine (!!), but for those who do not want to engage in them, well fine.  Don't, and move on to another thread.  Personal insults are one thing, that I have experienced on a number of occasions, and should never be tolerated, but straightforward heavy discussion is a normal human trait in many circles, which Steve rightly highlights. To me that is nothing to worry about.  Horses for courses as some say!  :y :y :y :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 April 2013, 10:47:52 »

It's one of the reasons I'm taking a bit of a break ;) I'm not coming on here as much as I used to because I found my mouse hovering over the delete button on several occasions recently :'(

Me too.
I'm bored of the cars and bored of the forum, but saying that there's more goes on here than on the MG/Rover forums ::)
Retired

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 April 2013, 10:48:40 »

Well said Lizzie could not have put it any better than that... :y :y :y

albitz

« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2013, 10:51:31 »

Me too.
I'm bored of the cars and bored of the forum, but saying that there's more goes on here than on the MG/Rover forums ::)

Im bored of cars too tbh.I think Im growing out of being a petrol head.The forum most certainly aint what it was and I probably wouldnt bother at all if it werent for the long boring nightshifts keeping some level of interest alive.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 April 2013, 10:55:41 »

Me too.

Im bored of cars too tbh.I think Im growing out of being a petrol head.The forum most certainly aint what it was and I probably wouldnt bother at all if it werent for the long boring nightshifts keeping some level of interest alive.

We've still got the desmond diesel estate for skip runs, wheel chairs and picking up bits for my Rover ect but I only do about 30 miles a week so a big old bus isn't needed anymore hence the choice to go for the Rover Coupe ::)
Retired
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.