Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why make every topic an argument?  (Read 5207 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Why make every topic an argument?
« Reply #60 on: 12 April 2013, 17:15:26 »

Adding my 2-bobs worth.

If I find I'm about to repeat in a thread what I have said before, I stop and don't answer as I don't have anything further, that is constructive to say.

Most of the threads that seem to get personal seem to be just reiterating and entrenched position, where somebody is just trying to have the last word. Not only does the thread get very boring, but it serves no purpose as I understood each person's thoughts and position the first time they said it, I really don't need each side to repeat it another 50 times!

On the very odd-occasion that somebody has been offensive to me on here and I must say it has been very, very rare on OOF, where it is generally troll free, then I stand back for 24 hours, put my pram toys and front lawn tanks away before making a considered reply and this is very different to ill thought out answers given in anger and probably regretted later.

I try to avoid conflict on here as OOF is a public forum and I'm always mindful that it will put off potential new members and casual browsers, not to mention losing old and valued contributors.

Chris will be missed, he was instrumental in getting the poly bushes discounts and also starting the very helpful tramlining tyre thread and what are reliable Omega tyres at different prices. His understanding of steering and suspension problems on the Omega are second to none, not to mention many other areas where he made valuable contributions.

So, I'm sorry to see you go Chris, you will be missed and I hope the differences can be resolved, so we see you back of the forum sooner, rather than later.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.