Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: usb music  (Read 4997 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: usb music
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2017, 10:55:27 »

trouble is im struggling to find ANY usb player fm modulators on ebay or anywhere else. they all seem to be fm transmitters.there are some stand alone modulators but then they need a sound input so adding the aux would be easier than that.im off to maplins today to have a nosy !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2017, 18:24:40 »

trouble is im struggling to find ANY usb player fm modulators on ebay or anywhere else. they all seem to be fm transmitters.there are some stand alone modulators but then they need a sound input so adding the aux would be easier than that.im off to maplins today to have a nosy !
If you are capable of adding a hardwired modulator, you are capable of wiring in the required audio lead it will need  :-\

Have I missed something here  :-\

But, as a reminder, avoid ebay. EVERYTHING ON EBAY IS UTTER SHITE. End of. Accept it, get over it, move on.
Grumpy old man

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2017, 18:59:20 »

ok. thankyou for all comments

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2017, 19:13:46 »

Hi mgmog. Never seen one of those but i dont have the facility to record on an sd card .but the ideas good and seeing as it comes from china that would explain the price!.my idea was to be able to play a memory stick in my cars which dont have a cd player or any modern unit and the plug in cig lighter unit SEEMED like a possible option but no one i know has one to try or had one. The china ones are cheap on ebay but dont always arrive and the maplins versions look the same at ten times the price.cd player in my omega still ok for cd's .can mod to an aux in if req for other media like ipod etc. Just running a few thought around my head ? Cheers

If you can record to a USB memory stick then you can record to an sd card.  You may need a USB card reader they are 99p or so even from the UK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222556696575 . that will allow you to plug an sd card into a usb slot on your computer and copy songs to it as if it was a usb memory stick. 
« Last Edit: 16 October 2017, 19:19:58 by migmog »

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2017, 19:17:07 »

thanks for that.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2017, 19:31:08 »

i did get one of these earlier this year  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382189158857
 £1.75 (actually i got the £3.60 model which shows the track name).  It works ok i don't use it because the tape player is better and less obtrusive.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 October 2017, 10:24:18 »

if you want to play from an sd card I have one of these

£9.99
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152632215916 (or these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253107106372) it works very well.  sound is obviously not as good as cd but much better than tape, better or as good as radio and far better than those cheapo cassette adaptors with a lead.

I had one of those when I used an old Transit Connect, they`re not bad but only as good as the tape heads, they will need a good clean if it hasn`t been used for years.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 October 2017, 14:13:43 »

thanks everyone. a few options there to consider.adding an aux to omega or any other car for that matter and then using a portable music player like a usb walkman etc would be one way to go. others have a boot cd changer which i can fit a cd emulator(or aux skt) to play usb/sd etc or the fm modulator route for cars with only an fm radio.cheers all

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2017, 09:28:25 »

As others have said, the cheesy Chinebay units are utter trash - you get what you pay for, and if it looks cheap, then so will be the quality and performance.

An in-line unit spliced into the aerial lead is usually the way to go, however, with the Omega FM aerial being built into the rear screen and signal coming from a small booster unit in order to get it as far as the front of the car, usually means that cutting the aerial lead often knocks out the FM radio as a result as the signal just isn`t healthy enough.

We fit a lot of A/V units to cars, and we use these FM Modulators. Not cheap, but NEVER had an issue with them.

https://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-88t.html

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.