Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 - Hamilton.  (Read 3164 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: F1 - Hamilton.
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2017, 18:23:20 »

I actually like him, although I know quite a few don't. Considering his position and wealth I think hes reasonably humble, and has very strong sporting ethics. He doesn't just want to win, he wants to win the right way.
The level of his talent, I find staggering. Definitely in my all time top three.

As a driver definitely,I find him a bit petulant at times though he seems to be improving in that respect :y :y

I have a theory that he is having his adolescence 15 years later than normal. Until a few years ago he and his Dad were joined at the hip. His Dad arranged every minute of his life to help get him where he is, and did a great job too.
This probably stunted his development to a degree, and since deciding to become his own man, he has things to learn that ordinary mortals would have learned a lot earlier in life.
I'm sure he is basically a really decent person though, and I have great admiration for his sporting ethics. Especially in comparison to Vettel and even Rosberg.
He also had the good judgement not to get tied up long term to Shallow Shitsinger, or whatever her name is.  ;D

So reading between the lines Albs..... you're saying he's Michael Jackson  :-\ ;D

And I won't have a bad word said against Rosberg. When he beat Hamilton it was brilliant. IMO of course.  ;D

And as for Shitswinger... don't really know much about her. Other than she dumped Lewis Hamilton so that makes her a friend and foe  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2017, 19:45:23 »

I actually like him, although I know quite a few don't. Considering his position and wealth I think hes reasonably humble, and has very strong sporting ethics. He doesn't just want to win, he wants to win the right way.
The level of his talent, I find staggering. Definitely in my all time top three.

As a driver definitely,I find him a bit petulant at times though he seems to be improving in that respect :y :y

I have a theory that he is having his adolescence 15 years later than normal. Until a few years ago he and his Dad were joined at the hip. His Dad arranged every minute of his life to help get him where he is, and did a great job too.
This probably stunted his development to a degree, and since deciding to become his own man, he has things to learn that ordinary mortals would have learned a lot earlier in life.
I'm sure he is basically a really decent person though, and I have great admiration for his sporting ethics. Especially in comparison to Vettel and even Rosberg.
He also had the good judgement not to get tied up long term to Shallow Shitsinger, or whatever her name is.  ;D

So reading between the lines Albs..... you're saying he's Michael Jackson  :-\ ;D

* Nope. MJ was a weirdo, a freak and  a kiddy fiddler.  ::)

And I won't have a bad word said against Rosberg. When he beat Hamilton it was brilliant. IMO of course.  ;D

* Rosberg never beat Hamilton in a straight fight. Not once, ever. Hamilton had several engine failures last year, and he still came within a gnats of beating Rosberg for the championship.
Rosberg knew he would never get that lucky again over a whole season, so did the smart thing and retired from the sport. :)

And as for Shitswinger... don't really know much about her. Other than she dumped Lewis Hamilton so that makes her a friend and foe  ;D

* She wanted him to settle down and have a family, he said far cough, so she went. Sound judgement on his part. Nice for practising on, but not a keeper.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2017, 20:10:22 »

Re the Michael Jackson comment I only meant that he worked hard from a very young age as opposed to being allowed to be a normal kid.  :y

Re Rosberg vs Hamilton. I'm going to disagree with one point  :P :-* ;D Hamilton only DNF'd twice in the 2016 season. The way that I saw it was Hamilton had a really shite start to the season and Rosberg capitalised. Hamilton belatedly got himself going and finished strong and Rosberg did what he needed to do. I'm in no way saying that Rosberg is/was better as Hamilton is the best driver of a generation. But for that season Rosberg won it fair n square. Hamilton (excuse the pun) was not at the races at the start of that season and hats what cost him the title. Hamilton took his foot off the gas when he won the 2015 title and Rosberg carried that momentum through to a storming start to 2016. Where was Hamilton? Not doing very well.

But yeah in the end Rosberg gave up cos he knew he couldn't do it again.  :y

I suspect the reason they split up was cos he prefers munching pillows  :-X ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2017, 22:44:57 »

But if just one of Hamiltons engine blow ups hadn't happened he would have been champion, so Rosberg didn't really beat him fair & square.
What I was getting at though, is that Rosberg never beat Hamilton in a straight fight over a race distance or even when they went wheel to wheel against one another.
Sorry for the misunderstanding over the MJ issue.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 November 2017, 07:40:30 »

But if just one of Hamiltons engine blow ups hadn't happened he would have been champion, so Rosberg didn't really beat him fair & square.
What I was getting at though, is that Rosberg never beat Hamilton in a straight fight over a race distance or even when they went wheel to wheel against one another.
Sorry for the misunderstanding over the MJ issue.  ;D

True re engine blow ups. But look at the 2015 season. If Rosberg hadn't have retired twice he would have possibly won the championship should be have won the races he DNFd in. But the hammer fans won't mention that.

When u say a straight fight.... surely the individual race results say otherwise ie rosberg finished first and Hamilton third in race x. Followed by Hamilton first, rosberg third etc.  Re wheel to wheel on the odd occasion it happened yeah Hamilton beat him.

RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.