Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a new car key. My local dealer can no longer supply. Now what?  (Read 4894 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

My neighbour had a mobile car key guy come to him to supply and code a new key for a Golf, and as I recall paid a reasonable price.  :y

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1VFKB_enGB722GB722&ei=QtckXbD9Obu01fAPwZS9wAg&q=mobile+car+key+replacement+wiltshire&oq=mobile+car+key+replacement+wiltshire&gs_l=psy-ab.12..33i22i29i30.4703.9807..13955...0.0..0.327.3029.0j11j4j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39j0i22i30j0.DpcHBrmMnwI

We just had a car stolen when a mobile car guy cloned the key.....and obviously one for himself to......

Well if you will use dodgy outfits!  ::)  :P  ;D

Besides Terry has an old Vectra....   :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

This is not good advice. If car thieves see a desirable car, such as a Vauxhall omega, outside, they will smash through your front door to get to the keys.

We don't all live in Barnsley, you know. :P

I dunno .. I can't decide if I'd rather they take the keys without having to come and find me, or that I got to confront them before they got the keys. The latter (despite any Internet bravado) would probably end up with me being stabbed so .. they can have the keys!

It's rough around here, anyway..
I'll see that, and raise you this:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/suicidal-mcdonalds-robber-offered-hurt-16222711

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Look in the phonebook under locksmiths.
Phone those that do cars, and ask them about your common car.
Drive it to the one that best fulfills the cost/convenience/benefit ratio.

Things not to ask/tell them:

Anything about Tech2s
That your local dealer isn't interested
That you'll supply used up parts sourced from Ebay
How many Omegas you've owned
Exactly how they'll do the job

I'm writing this at 16:30, and could have a working, programmed key by the end of the day
Too friggin expensive, and the ones most do are simply key cloning, which *IS* problematic as the ECU soon thinks the key has suddenly gone out of (rolling code) range.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

I have thought about buying a car from this ebay seller, who sells repo,s mostly without keys.
Whats the routine for acquiring akey in those circumstances ? Visit a main dealer with V5 and KY ?  :-\

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/baldrick333/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

Repo's? Most of those cars are way too old to be on any sort of finance deal and, I would have thought, not worth removing by bailiffs.

STEMO

Repo's? Most of those cars are way too old to be on any sort of finance deal and, I would have thought, not worth removing by bailiffs.
Sorry, Albs, should have read the full ad first  :-[

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

I have thought about buying a car from this ebay seller, who sells repo,s mostly without keys.
Whats the routine for acquiring akey in those circumstances ? Visit a main dealer with V5 and KY ?  :-\

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/baldrick333/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

I bet the local locksmiths love these guys!  ;D

Question is though.  Why don't they get keys made before offering them for sale?  ???  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Possibly a legal liability reason.

If someone buys a car, gets the key cut and then kills a bus stop full of kids, it's on the buyer. If they provide the keys, then the onus is on them as the seller.

Besides their role is recovery and disposal not selling cars for profit.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

Possibly a legal liability reason.

If someone buys a car, gets the key cut and then kills a bus stop full of kids, it's on the buyer. If they provide the keys, then the onus is on them as the seller.

Besides their role is recovery and disposal not selling cars for profit.  :y
The recovery agents are duty bound to get the best price for any assets seized, so as to return as much as possible to the client. I don't know which way that would go with the expense of having keys made up.
But these cars......if they have been seized from ordinary Joes, how come they are all in such an appalling state? Most of them look like they were seized from a scrap yard.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

If you owned a Ssangyong Rodius, would you look after it?

Most finance repossessions are spiteful affairs from scummy people  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

Some of them sell for low enough prices to be worthwhile 2fix up and flog" projects, apart from the key issue. Hence my slight interest.  ;)
Only feasible way it seems, would be if local locksmith turns up same time as buyer and cuts / programmes key for car so it can be driven away.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

Some of them sell for low enough prices to be worthwhile 2fix up and flog" projects, apart from the key issue. Hence my slight interest.  ;)
Only feasible way it seems, would be if local locksmith turns up same time as buyer and cuts / programmes key for car so it can be driven away.  :-\
Hmmm....you'd have to day insure it and make sure it had an MOT  :-\
I think you should possibly look for another get-poor-quick opportunity, Albs.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.