Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The 0.2%  (Read 4192 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: The 0.2%
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2019, 17:20:54 »

I am not so sure about losing votes.

For sure there will be some with principles that will switch but most people are creatures of habit and very forgiving.  Throw a few sweeteners in like free tv licence, bus pass, tax threshold increase, write off student loan and people forget the foul ups in the last few years.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2019, 17:33:43 »

For sure there will be some with principles that will switch but most people are creatures of habit and very forgiving.  Throw a few sweeteners in like free tv licence, bus pass, tax threshold increase, write off student loan debt and people forget the foul ups in the last few years.
This will never happen as no one could afford to cover it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2019, 21:05:45 »

well it was just an example. the point is people are very forgiving and easily seduced by the next offer
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 July 2019, 21:15:03 »

I found it quite disturbing that Labour's now confirmed mantra came less than 24 hours after the Unions decided that that is what they had to adopt.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 09 July 2019, 21:19:02 »

I found it quite disturbing that Labour's now confirmed mantra came less than 24 hours after the Unions decided that that is what they had to adopt.
Next you'll be telling us that Len McCluskey is running the Labour Party through Momentum.  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 July 2019, 21:45:39 »

Why?
The bigger unions started the Labour party to represent them in national politics. Hence the name and it's why they still have a large influence on the party.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 July 2019, 21:50:52 »

Why?
The bigger unions started the Labour party to represent them in national politics. Hence the name and it's why they still own and fund the party.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 July 2019, 21:52:39 »

For sure there will be some with principles that will switch but most people are creatures of habit and very forgiving.  Throw a few sweeteners in like free tv licence, bus pass, tax threshold increase, write off student loan debt and people forget the foul ups in the last few years.
This will never happen as no one could afford to cover it.

When has that ever deterred the Labour party?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 July 2019, 23:47:02 »

There’s no fool like an old fool :y
Laying a rubber road.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 July 2019, 07:55:53 »

Why?
The bigger unions started the Labour party to represent them in national politics. Hence the name and it's why they still have a large influence on the party.

Disturbing in the fact that after more than three years of watching the Labour party avoid commitment to any fully fledged policy on our departure they publicly announce their direction and intention as soon as the edict was e mailed to them from their fund managers.
I, perhaps more than you think , understand the history and origins of the Labour party movement but my point was/is that the haste in which the new policy was announced and adopted makes the current cabal at Labours top table look ĺike the faces of faceless men.
I think it shows the turmoil within Labour because even any young newly qualified PR spin doctor would have cautioned that haste to disguise the obvious order to jump, higher.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2019, 08:40:27 »

Why?

Disturbing in the fact that after more than three years of watching the Labour party avoid commitment to any fully fledged policy on our departure they publicly announce their direction and intention as soon as the edict was e mailed to them from their fund managers.
I, perhaps more than you think , understand the history and origins of the Labour party movement but my point was/is that the haste in which the new policy was announced and adopted makes the current cabal at Labours top table look ĺike the faces of faceless men.
I think it shows the turmoil within Labour because even any young newly qualified PR spin doctor would have cautioned that haste to disguise the obvious order to jump, higher.

All the noisy cyber-lefties would be screaming blue murder if the Tories changed a signature policy so quickly after being lent on by big business.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2019, 13:12:41 »

All the noisy cyber-lefties would be screaming blue murder if the Tories changed a signature policy so quickly after being lent on by big business.  ::)

lefties know that they have to wait until they've left office before receiving their bung. You know, £10million fhnding of your own institute, whatever that's supposed to be

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2019, 15:01:45 »

.......who will decide who the next PM will be were on the television last night. I don't think I've seen so many doddery old farts in one place at the same time (apart from on OOF)

Average age 146 years. I'm pretty sure Albs was among them. :)
Jonathan Pie seems to think both candidates would make excellent PM's:

https://youtu.be/R-CIggoU4VM

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2019, 19:28:38 »

0.2% voting is still 0.2% more than voted in the new appointed Brussels' dictatorship leaders. >:( On Twitter it is strange that all those that have pointed out that only a small percentage of Tory party members vote for our next PM, you would think that if they were so concerned about democracy the EU appointments would have raised more than their deafening silence. :(

Civilizations are usually destroyed through invasion, getting elected & pulling up the democracy drawbridge to create your dictatorship (Germany, Venezuela, Russia & Turkey are examples) or political paralysis & destruction by a combination of vested interests & suversion from within. It looks like the latter two will destroy all Western civilization over the next decade, when we will all become much, much poorer & have little freedom as the new authoritarian dictators steal the majority of the countries wealth as they have in Russia, North Korea, Venezuela, China, Ukraine & other countries.

You will still get meaningless elections where it gives dictators a thin veil of legitimacy in their own minds as they steal, plunder & kill.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2019, 20:11:47 »

Why?
And yesterdays decision cut the last ties with the working class people they were both formed to represent, in favour of the middle class liberal left, educated stupid, who discuss the plight of such people, remotely, in their multi million pound houses in Islington and similar Metropolitan areas. 
The north of England is a far off foreign country to these people, and I suspect that it soon will become a lot more foreign to them.  ;)
« Last Edit: 10 July 2019, 20:15:06 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.