Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Faulty battery...faulty charging system...faulty connection?  (Read 8200 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty battery...faulty charging system...faulty connection?
« Reply #60 on: 03 August 2014, 13:43:54 »

Um, Sod's Law NEVER takes a day off, Sir Tigger!

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03 August 2014, 14:05:21 »

Two things I would mention though Opti is that like all things bought online if it does go wrong within the guarantee period you might have a headache getting a refund or a new battery and Andy made a good point in your other thread about the jacket, so check the dimensions.  My jacket is long gone so it was irrelevant in my case.  ::)

If your willing to spend £70ish then I'd also be temped by this one which is a bit more heavy duty and has a 4 year warranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exide-Premium-Car-Battery-Type-096-100-With-4-Year-Manufacturers-Warranty-/330855763750?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d088a4f26

To be honest though the one I have does the job just fine.  Exide is a well known battery manufacturer and as mentioned elsewhere are possibly GM's battery suppliers anyway.  :y  Although being a bit cynical about these things I think it's more likely that GM's batteries are cheaply sourced in China and have a GM sticker slapped on.  ;)

I think though that you still need to get an accurate multimeter to see if your alternator is charging properly, as you may find that your new battery, wherever you get it from might not last long!  :-\  HTH!  :y

Thanks, Sir Tig and Bigron.

My car still has the jacket. Having said that it is pretty tatty now so it's demise might be welcome.

I will check out your other link. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 August 2014, 14:08:20 »

I like the Exide 72 AH premium battery. This  costs almost exactly the sane as the 20% discounted 65 AH GM battery.

Choices ....choices.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 04 August 2014, 08:56:50 »

The GM batteries clearly have the manufacturers name on them (there not pattern china stuff  ;D), give the dealer a call and ask them to check, I am pretty sure they are Excide ones.

mickyboy123

• Intermediate Member
  • brighton
  • hi
    • 2.2 cd omega.petrol auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 04 August 2014, 09:26:08 »

i just got a bosch battery for mine 61ah and 5 year warnanty from eurocarparts was 97 reduced to 79 at mo. i got it online but they have a phisical store nearby if i need to take it back. it said that it exceeds most manufatures in perfomance. is for cars with a lot of electrics like heated seats ect. it works a treat. had the problem with the jacket tho had mine was very tatty tho wouldnt fit so thew it :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.