Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: help getting fed up of my car now  (Read 7150 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: help getting fed up of my car now
« Reply #60 on: 21 October 2014, 22:42:48 »

Thanks for your advice i have phoned a frend who helped me fix it the first time and he has said he will fixit for me just have to get parts he is coming up from london to see it in a week so fingers crossed all will be ok  :y

Just so I'm clear on this, would this be the friend who fixed a blown head gasket on the car that, possibly, has another blown head gasket? ??? ??? ???
Got to be better than the garage who don't think it worth it :-\

We hope! :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 22 October 2014, 09:55:59 »

Without wanting to bring heat into this, I of course sympathise with anyone with a dear, loved or special car, which isn't running right. (I've got one myself, laid up in the drive so trust me, I know)

The question is 'help, car broken, what do I do?' the answer, unanimously, as far as I can see, is 'get it fixed - properly. And here's some OOFers who will do it'

I appreciate you're trying to do exactly this, but I have a funny feeling in my coolant that this guy, nomatter how decent, well-meaning or how long you've known, him might not be the 'fresh pair' of eyes you need.

Thanks for your advice i have phoned a frend who helped me fix it the first time and he has said he will fixit for me just have to get parts he is coming up from london to see it in a week so fingers crossed all will be ok  :y

Just so I'm clear on this, would this be the friend who fixed a blown head gasket on the car that, possibly, has another blown head gasket? ??? ??? ???
Got to be better than the garage who don't think it worth it :-\

Worried that the logic of one replacing a not-very-competent mechanic with a one only moderately more competent isn't quite right. In actuality, even doing it yourself, with no experience, but with the backup and advice, and step-by-step help of the people on here would be preferable to the either mechanics above. It is a job anyone can do. If you and your mate do this job I would suggest please, please, put the advice of the people on here above all else. We'll get you through it, but if there's a contradiction between what your mate thinks and the guys on here, I'd say trust the OOFers every time. Never let me down in 5+ years.

I truly hope it gets sorted soon, wish you the best of luck and hope you're in this Omega for years to come; but most importantly, that it gets sorted right. Measure twice, cut once, so to speak.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

SandBoy

• King's Lynn
    • 51 Plate 2.2CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 22 October 2014, 11:23:02 »

This thread has made MY mind up....nearly!!   .......Goldie stays and gets "nursed" by an OOFER when budget allows.......the chances of getting another decent car for less than fixing aint gonna happen......having said that someone was selling a 53 plate diesel with FSH and a years MOT for £450 round here the other day......mmmmm.....what to do....keep what I know or......????

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 22 October 2014, 11:35:28 »

It's like women, there's always the odd prettier model every now and then which could tempt you, but I say stick with what you know  ;)

And also, though FSH is great, my Turbo Weasel hasn't had any 'Vauxhall' or 'garage' service history for 7 years, but I know it's been serviced to death by myself and the old man, regular oil changes, etc.. stuff from scrappys, found in the garage or even off OOF don't come with receipts, so there's no paper trail. So Full Service History doesn't automatically mean that's a better car.

Delighted you're sticking with her!!!

For me, personally, I don't mind having an 18 year old that insists I play with her underneath parts to make her purr, most evenings  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

SandBoy

• King's Lynn
    • 51 Plate 2.2CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 22 October 2014, 16:38:45 »

It's like women, there's always the odd prettier model every now and then which could tempt you, but I say stick with what you know  ;)
For me, personally, I don't mind having an 18 year old that insists I play with her underneath parts to make her purr, most evenings  :D

Love it..... ;D :D :P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.