Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: MORE SPEEEEEED!!  (Read 10860 times)

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
MORE SPEEEEEED!!
« on: 08 February 2015, 13:04:51 »

Last year whilst on me holibobs I drove through part of Germany, and so like any right thinking petrol head stood on the go pedal. Only to be disappointed as after the 100 mark car ran out of steam and eventually topped out at 110-115ish.
I'm pretty certain it's nowt daft like plugs or the various filters as they all get changed regularly.
Any of you brain boxes got any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated :y

Ta very muchly,
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
Re: MORE SPEEEEEED!!
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2015, 14:56:32 »

timing belt set up correctly?

multi rams working correctly?

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2015, 16:00:22 »

sell the 2.2 and buy a 3.0 v6  :D :D

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2015, 16:07:44 »

Well, the timing was spot on and checked over and over due to my OCD tendency's on the last change.
I did at one point convince myself the multi-rams weren't working correctly due to what I considered a lack of torque but it all checks out as being plumbed up right with no leaks that I can find and the actuators all seem to be operating.
Thanks for the response,
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2015, 16:12:41 »

sell the 2.2 and buy a 3.0 v6  :D :D
I would certainly consider that if indeed I had a desmond ;) but even with a 2.0 8v I would expect better than 110.... :(
Cheers,
Simon
Regards,

Simon.

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2015, 16:24:16 »

I dont think the omega is suited to you then,go and buy a bmw m5
As for a 2.0 8v pulling nearly 1.8 tonnes of metal along and expect it to exceed 110 mph i dont think so,my beast has never hit top end as there isnt anywhere in the uk i can try it out at,and to be honest my set up is more for upsetting corsa boy racers etc.
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6
550 bhp supercharger with 100bhp wet nitrous kit

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2015, 17:08:19 »

I dont think the omega is suited to you then,go and buy a bmw m5
As for a 2.0 8v pulling nearly 1.8 tonnes of metal along and expect it to exceed 110 mph i dont think so,my beast has never hit top end as there isnt anywhere in the uk i can try it out at,and to be honest my set up is more for upsetting corsa boy racers etc.
I appreciate your opinion and thank you for it, but I cant agree apart from the corsa bit.
I'm not exactly new to this size/type of vehicle. I got my first 1.8 carb'd Carlton in 1990 and that would easily indicate the speeds we're talking about. I've also had 4 other 2.0L Carltons and 2 3.0L Senators as well as this omega that I've owned since 2003 and in between those there has been others.
I think I know what to expect in terms of performance and I don't feel that at this moment in time my omega is as it should be, which is why I was asking for help and suggestions. I did not expect what seems to me a hostile response by you telling me to go and buy an M5.
I love my omega and it's exactly the kind of car I should have.
I know you cant max out your car in the UK and I would never advocate anyone doing so, but I was on an empty stretch of autobahn that allowed me to safely try.
All I wanted was to join in with everyone else and talk about omegas and in doing so perhaps solve a few issues with the cars. :(

Simon.

Regards,

Simon.

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2015, 17:18:00 »

3.0 senators had a restricted top end of 130mph and the 2.5 and 2.6 were less than that.
You havnt stated what mileage yours has done either,you just may have a lazy engine that wont go above the speed you stated,but your not going to be able to do that on a uk road unless you want a ban,speed isnt everything,and so long as you and your family arrive at the destination in tact and alive that should be more important than speed. :y
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2015, 17:26:39 »

The 2.5 is geared lower than the 3.0, and lacks the bigger engine's pace a high speed.  Still, I know there can do 120 with little effort (but needs a lot of room to wind up once its in top gear), and the 3.0l cammed, superchipped variants are slightly (but not massively) better.  Neither are in the same league as the 3.0l though, although even these need a lot of space once they drop into top at a shade under 130
Grumpy old man

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2015, 17:27:33 »

Last year whilst on me holibobs I drove through part of Germany, and so like any right thinking petrol head stood on the go pedal. Only to be disappointed as after the 100 mark car ran out of steam and eventually topped out at 110-115ish.
I'm pretty certain it's nowt daft like plugs or the various filters as they all get changed regularly.
Any of you brain boxes got any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated :y

Ta very muchly,
Simon.

Both our old 2.5V6 Elites (Estate & Saloon) would easily easily reach an indicated 130 mph, with a feeling that given time and space they would go a bit faster.  I'd still be inclined to look at timing ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2015, 17:27:51 »

And we know, as OOFers, that the standard 2.6/3.2 lack the real world acceleration of the 2.5/3.0, in order to appease the tree huggers.
Grumpy old man

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2015, 17:30:20 »

My 3.2 isnt for tree huggers  ;D
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2015, 17:48:56 »

My 3.2 isnt for tree huggers  ;D
Aye, but I'm guessing by your username, it isn't as it left ze Germans...
Grumpy old man

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 February 2015, 17:53:44 »

I'm the one who pisses everyone else off for driving like a granddad, I just happened to be in Germany when the opportunity presented itself and the car let me down.
It has 146,000mls on it, but to be honest I think its just nicely run in from a purely mechanical point of view. Smooth and quiet, revs freely, kicks down well. Basically behaves as you would expect apart from 100 onwards where it just went flat.
TBH I was thinking along the lines of fuel supply or lack of.

Are you sure about those figures? I've seen more than that in both my Senators(not in the UK) and one was a 12v at that.
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 February 2015, 17:59:02 »

Oh... peoples talking :D
Soooo......any suggestions other than getting a 3L or a supercharger??
Fuel pump maybe?
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2015, 18:03:31 »

Ta very muchly,
Simon.

Both our old 2.5V6 Elites (Estate & Saloon) would easily easily reach an indicated 130 mph, with a feeling that given time and space they would go a bit faster.  I'd still be inclined to look at timing ;)
Well I'll be doing the timing at some point in the not to distant future so I'll make a point of checking it then,
Cheers,
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2015, 18:03:41 »

I'm the one who pisses everyone else off for driving like a granddad, I just happened to be in Germany when the opportunity presented itself and the car let me down.
It has 146,000mls on it, but to be honest I think its just nicely run in from a purely mechanical point of view. Smooth and quiet, revs freely, kicks down well. Basically behaves as you would expect apart from 100 onwards where it just went flat.
TBH I was thinking along the lines of fuel supply or lack of.

Are you sure about those figures? I've seen more than that in both my Senators(not in the UK) and one was a 12v at that.
Its been proven that the 3.0l Omega is marginally faster than the 24v Senator. Both hit a brick wall when their autoboxes pop into 4th, which is approx. 130mph, although both will easily get to 140+ given enough room.

The 2.5, from my distant memory of owning a couple, pops into 4th around 120, with the same effect. But will wind up a bit further. I doubt, even with 3l cams and chipped, as one of mine was, it'd get to 140 though. Well, not is a sensible amount of distance...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 February 2015, 18:05:31 »

What sort of air filter? Most "performance" ones do the opposite.

I always use GM air filters on Omega, as it has the largest surface area.
Grumpy old man

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 February 2015, 18:11:17 »

I couldnt give you a figure on how much ive spent on my mods as nearly most of it has been custom made just for me but so far its in 5 figures then theres the autobox ive had adaptor plates fitted,custom looms made,after market ecus for nos,autobox and engine,then the rolling road time at my place where everything has been setup,if i was to say £40k that would be somewhere close to what its cost,but its worth it when you consider then fun factor when an m5 pulls up by the side of you and presumes im just in a standard 3.2 omega,then watch the smile drop when i use launch control and the engine comes to life and they hear the sound of it as they are left standing by an omega ,which is price less lmao  ;D
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 February 2015, 18:19:11 »

TB mine must have dropped into top at 100 then ;D
Air filter, good point that. Suppose it's got to breath, MANN or MAHLE I think but not a GM one at the moment. Always thought they were of good repute, been using them for years.
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 February 2015, 18:21:31 »

I couldnt give you a figure on how much ive spent on my mods as nearly most of it has been custom made just for me but so far its in 5 figures then theres the autobox ive had adaptor plates fitted,custom looms made,after market ecus for nos,autobox and engine,then the rolling road time at my place where everything has been setup,if i was to say £40k that would be somewhere close to what its cost,but its worth it when you consider then fun factor when an m5 pulls up by the side of you and presumes im just in a standard 3.2 omega,then watch the smile drop when i use launch control and the engine comes to life and they hear the sound of it as they are left standing by an omega ,which is price less lmao  ;D
Yes I can well imagine the smile factors worth a million at that instance ;D
Regards,

Simon.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 February 2015, 18:22:52 »

I find that removal of SWIMBO in mine helps with the weight, and then watch the mig go.  :-X :y
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

The Sheriff

« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2015, 18:24:43 »

Have we seen any pics of this beast? Pleeeeeease.......

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2015, 18:28:13 »

I find that removal of SWIMBO in mine helps with the weight, and then watch the mig go.  :-X :y
If I were to suggest such a thing, the mig would go...quickly followed by me ;D
Regards,

Simon.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2015, 18:32:21 »

You said you were on your holibobs was it fully laden with suit cases and such bits if so then that would be the problem more than likely.  :-\ :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2015, 18:37:08 »

Having a cold air feed on my old V6 vectra made it much faster and more responsive , maybe the omega's wont like it but you could always try  :-\
Omegatitis

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2015, 18:48:04 »

Have we seen any pics of this beast? Pleeeeeease.......           yes pics please  :) :)

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2015, 18:55:58 »

Its only factory standard on the outside,same as any other omega,as my mods are all 1 offs im not putting pics of engine bay up so others can copy,and as ive spent a lot of money creating this beast i dont want it being copied with my designs. :y
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

The Sheriff

« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2015, 19:05:53 »

Its only factory standard on the outside,same as any other omega,as my mods are all 1 offs im not putting pics of engine bay up so others can copy,and as ive spent a lot of money creating this beast i dont want it being copied with my designs. :y
You haven't got an omega at all. You probably footle round in a 1.6 astra. We don't believe you.

Piccies, of course, might make us change our mind... ::)

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2015, 19:18:40 »

Ok you put £40+k into an engine and everything is 1 off custom made would you want everybody to see it,i dont ,sorry
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08 February 2015, 19:42:22 »

3.0 senators had a restricted top end of 130mph and the 2.5 and 2.6 were less than that.
You havnt stated what mileage yours has done either,you just may have a lazy engine that wont go above the speed you stated,but your not going to be able to do that on a uk road unless you want a ban,speed isnt everything,and so long as you and your family arrive at the destination in tact and alive that should be more important than speed. :y

Don't know where you got that info from. Ive had one at well above 140mph on many occassions. They were also road tested at the time by various car mags. at around 150mph.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 February 2015, 19:45:07 »

Both of mine were restricted to 130 on my private road and both autos.
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 February 2015, 19:46:50 »

Ok you put £40+k into an engine and everything is 1 off custom made would you want everybody to see it,i dont ,sorry

Details of how the bottom end have been strengthened would be interesting, as the v6 bottom end is pretty weak and doesn't take to having much more power than the standard setup being put through it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 February 2015, 19:49:03 »

Lots of trials and errors  :y
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 February 2015, 19:53:23 »

Surely you could be a bit more vague than that.  ::) ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #35 on: 08 February 2015, 20:48:28 »

You said you were on your holibobs was it fully laden with suit cases and such bits if so then that would be the problem more than likely.  :-\ :y
Did you remember to disconnect the caravan ::) joking aside a roof box would kill the top end :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 February 2015, 21:17:58 »

Agree with dbug.  :y  My old 2.5 Elite Estate would easily reach an indicated 130mph so I do think something is amiss with the OP's engine performance.

In saying that, my old 3.0S Capri went quite well (an indicated 130mph on the flat) but an old chap down the road from me let me have a go in his and it was struggling around 115mph. Mine was just so much more livelier than his. His driving style was errr.........less hurried than mine.   :-\

I agree with the OP, his car should be quicker.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

The Sheriff

« Reply #37 on: 08 February 2015, 21:30:50 »

Top speeds are all very well, but I don't think I'd be travelling at those speeds in such an old vehicle. Ok, they were built for it, but a lot of wear and tear has taken it's toll since then. The fastest I have ever driven is 110mph, and I was shitting myself in case a tyre blew out. There's no coming back at that speed in a family saloon.

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 February 2015, 21:50:15 »

I would be shitting myself doing 90 in a daewoo let alone 110 ,but isnt shitting yourself ,you are well known for on here tho  :-X
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 February 2015, 21:51:54 »

.... The fastest I have ever driven is 110mph, and  ....

Wuss! Just because the car is whatever age it doesn't then mean the tyres are. I saw well over 110mph many times in my Omega & Senators with no problems at all ... certainly no worries at all over a tyre popping.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 February 2015, 21:52:40 »

I would be shitting myself  ....in a daewoo  .....

:y :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #41 on: 08 February 2015, 21:53:55 »

I would be shitting myself doing 90 in a daewoo let alone 110 ,but isnt shitting yourself ,you are well known for on here tho  :-X
Better than telling porkies  :P

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #42 on: 09 February 2015, 00:45:26 »

Don't know where you got that info from. Ive had one at well above 140mph on many occassions. They were also road tested at the time by various car mags. at around 150mph.  ::)

Got just over 240 km/hr (equivalent to 150mph) in a 3.0 GSi (hired in France) on a German autobahn late one night - going well until a Porsche went by me as if I was standing still!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 February 2015, 13:49:55 »

Fuel filter been changed? Might be a bit clogged for max output. Otherwise multirams.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 February 2015, 14:09:13 »

I would be shitting myself doing 90 in a daewoo let alone 110 ,but isnt shitting yourself ,you are well known for on here tho :-X

You seem to know a lot about these things for a newish member.  ???  ::)  ;D

C'mon stick some piccys of your beast up!  :y  Don't be shy, no one's going to copy you as the only one wealthy enough to spend £40k on an Omega here is Lord Opti and he'd rather pour money into a rotten TVR or something equally ridiculous!  ;)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 09 February 2015, 18:11:52 »

No mate, all luggage removed not including the missus of course :y
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 February 2015, 18:19:01 »

Having a cold air feed on my old V6 vectra made it much faster and more responsive , maybe the omega's wont like it but you could always try  :-\
Thanks for the input, maybe something for the future but for now just trying to get back to where it should be :y
Cheers,
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

05omegav6

« Reply #47 on: 09 February 2015, 18:21:26 »

No mate, all luggage removed not including the missus of course :y
Yes, but what about the caravan ... :D

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 February 2015, 18:24:11 »

Did you remember to disconnect the caravan ::) joking aside a roof box would kill the top end :-\
Thanks Al, caravan was sited and no roof box fitted :y
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

4x4

« Reply #49 on: 09 February 2015, 21:37:02 »

Im glad my trusty 2.2 4 pot with 175k on it still goes the wrong side off 100 on my private road,check timing as that can cause lack of power

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09 February 2015, 22:26:31 »

Can't comment on a 2.5 auto but my 2.5 manual would push from 70 upto 130 in 5th without a problem.
Had to slow down at 130 because some tosser had put a bloody big roundabout at the end of the A15  private road  ::)

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 February 2015, 18:16:48 »

Hmm, so quite a few peps have suggested the timing which makes sense apart from I'm 99.9999% certain it was set correctly when last done, oh god, what about the .0001%!!! That's done it, OCD time ;D
No one's mentioned fuel pump, could that not be able to keep up with demand at full chat?
Seems ok otherwise, no noise or owt.
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 February 2015, 21:37:14 »

Whereabouts are you, I have an M5 so we could do some test runs.
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12 February 2015, 16:45:28 »

Total crap, even the 12v   ::) Senators would do more than that

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 13 February 2015, 16:53:51 »

Ta very muchly,
Simon.

A fit 2.5 should show an indicted 140-145 mph in neutral conditions. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 13 February 2015, 17:06:56 »

http://youtu.be/q385cK-KkGQ

245kph......not sure how fast this is in old money

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 13 February 2015, 18:06:07 »

http://youtu.be/q385cK-KkGQ

245kph......not sure how fast this is in old money

150mph ish  :y  I kept expecting to see some Russian style dash cam horror show!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 February 2015, 18:22:11 »

This ones better.

clocked at 140km (86) then boots it. gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yptiCYBSZo

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13 February 2015, 19:36:24 »

Ta very muchly,
Simon.

A fit 2.5 should show an indicted 140-145 mph in neutral conditions. :y
I didn't think it'd quite do that, but was hoping for rather more than what I got :-[ you know, something around the 135 mark. My 12v seny would've done that all day long no probs.
Regards,

Simon.

05omegav6

« Reply #59 on: 13 February 2015, 19:56:38 »

A plod 3.2 manual estate will top 150 apparently... (just)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 13 February 2015, 23:00:48 »

My 3.0 fully loaded has done 120, more power available ,just run out of balls!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13 February 2015, 23:06:51 »

My 3.0 fully loaded has done 120, more power available ,just run out of balls!

I saw an indicated c135 on mine .............. ran out of private track  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14 February 2015, 10:24:31 »

Well according to the car park differs, fitting a lsd gives an easy 60hp boost.,then a set of cut down springs..woooooosh. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14 February 2015, 12:40:05 »

Just a little point regarding these speeds. If any fellow owners find themselves on a German autobahn at some point in the future please make sure your on a stretch that allows the use of your right foot as a lot of them, or parts of them, don't. Otherwise be prepared to play hide ze bockwhust with ze Deutsche motorway rozzers ;D
Obviously, those with private roads need not take note :P
Regards,

Simon.

05omegav6

« Reply #64 on: 14 February 2015, 13:14:52 »

Just a little point regarding these speeds. If any fellow owners find themselves on a German autobahn at some point in the future please make sure your on a stretch that allows the use of your right foot as a lot of them, or parts of them, don't. Otherwise be prepared to play hide ze bockwhust with ze Deutsche motorway rozzers ;D
Obviously, those with private roads need not take note :P
True, but they are very clearly signed and those which aren't deristricted are typically 130kmh and only two lanes or very busy :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.