Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MORE SPEEEEEED!!  (Read 10865 times)

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: MORE SPEEEEEED!!
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2015, 18:03:31 »

Last year whilst on me holibobs I drove through part of Germany, and so like any right thinking petrol head stood on the go pedal. Only to be disappointed as after the 100 mark car ran out of steam and eventually topped out at 110-115ish.
I'm pretty certain it's nowt daft like plugs or the various filters as they all get changed regularly.
Any of you brain boxes got any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated :y

Ta very muchly,
Simon.

Both our old 2.5V6 Elites (Estate & Saloon) would easily easily reach an indicated 130 mph, with a feeling that given time and space they would go a bit faster.  I'd still be inclined to look at timing ;)
Well I'll be doing the timing at some point in the not to distant future so I'll make a point of checking it then,
Cheers,
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2015, 18:03:41 »

I'm the one who pisses everyone else off for driving like a granddad, I just happened to be in Germany when the opportunity presented itself and the car let me down.
It has 146,000mls on it, but to be honest I think its just nicely run in from a purely mechanical point of view. Smooth and quiet, revs freely, kicks down well. Basically behaves as you would expect apart from 100 onwards where it just went flat.
TBH I was thinking along the lines of fuel supply or lack of.

Are you sure about those figures? I've seen more than that in both my Senators(not in the UK) and one was a 12v at that.
Its been proven that the 3.0l Omega is marginally faster than the 24v Senator. Both hit a brick wall when their autoboxes pop into 4th, which is approx. 130mph, although both will easily get to 140+ given enough room.

The 2.5, from my distant memory of owning a couple, pops into 4th around 120, with the same effect. But will wind up a bit further. I doubt, even with 3l cams and chipped, as one of mine was, it'd get to 140 though. Well, not is a sensible amount of distance...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 February 2015, 18:05:31 »

What sort of air filter? Most "performance" ones do the opposite.

I always use GM air filters on Omega, as it has the largest surface area.
Grumpy old man

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 February 2015, 18:11:17 »

I couldnt give you a figure on how much ive spent on my mods as nearly most of it has been custom made just for me but so far its in 5 figures then theres the autobox ive had adaptor plates fitted,custom looms made,after market ecus for nos,autobox and engine,then the rolling road time at my place where everything has been setup,if i was to say £40k that would be somewhere close to what its cost,but its worth it when you consider then fun factor when an m5 pulls up by the side of you and presumes im just in a standard 3.2 omega,then watch the smile drop when i use launch control and the engine comes to life and they hear the sound of it as they are left standing by an omega ,which is price less lmao  ;D
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6
550 bhp supercharger with 100bhp wet nitrous kit

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 February 2015, 18:19:11 »

TB mine must have dropped into top at 100 then ;D
Air filter, good point that. Suppose it's got to breath, MANN or MAHLE I think but not a GM one at the moment. Always thought they were of good repute, been using them for years.
Simon.
Regards,

Simon.

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 February 2015, 18:21:31 »

I couldnt give you a figure on how much ive spent on my mods as nearly most of it has been custom made just for me but so far its in 5 figures then theres the autobox ive had adaptor plates fitted,custom looms made,after market ecus for nos,autobox and engine,then the rolling road time at my place where everything has been setup,if i was to say £40k that would be somewhere close to what its cost,but its worth it when you consider then fun factor when an m5 pulls up by the side of you and presumes im just in a standard 3.2 omega,then watch the smile drop when i use launch control and the engine comes to life and they hear the sound of it as they are left standing by an omega ,which is price less lmao  ;D
Yes I can well imagine the smile factors worth a million at that instance ;D
Regards,

Simon.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 February 2015, 18:22:52 »

I find that removal of SWIMBO in mine helps with the weight, and then watch the mig go.  :-X :y
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

The Sheriff

« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2015, 18:24:43 »

Have we seen any pics of this beast? Pleeeeeease.......

Simon270172

• Sheffield
    • 2.5 CDX V6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2015, 18:28:13 »

I find that removal of SWIMBO in mine helps with the weight, and then watch the mig go.  :-X :y
If I were to suggest such a thing, the mig would go...quickly followed by me ;D
Regards,

Simon.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2015, 18:32:21 »

You said you were on your holibobs was it fully laden with suit cases and such bits if so then that would be the problem more than likely.  :-\ :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2015, 18:37:08 »

Having a cold air feed on my old V6 vectra made it much faster and more responsive , maybe the omega's wont like it but you could always try  :-\
Omegatitis

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2015, 18:48:04 »

Have we seen any pics of this beast? Pleeeeeease.......           yes pics please  :) :)

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2015, 18:55:58 »

Its only factory standard on the outside,same as any other omega,as my mods are all 1 offs im not putting pics of engine bay up so others can copy,and as ive spent a lot of money creating this beast i dont want it being copied with my designs. :y
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6

The Sheriff

« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2015, 19:05:53 »

Its only factory standard on the outside,same as any other omega,as my mods are all 1 offs im not putting pics of engine bay up so others can copy,and as ive spent a lot of money creating this beast i dont want it being copied with my designs. :y
You haven't got an omega at all. You probably footle round in a 1.6 astra. We don't believe you.

Piccies, of course, might make us change our mind... ::)

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2015, 19:18:40 »

Ok you put £40+k into an engine and everything is 1 off custom made would you want everybody to see it,i dont ,sorry
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.