Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't start !!!  (Read 8378 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: Won't start !!!
« Reply #60 on: 16 February 2017, 17:23:30 »

That is twice in the last three months that a V6 has refused to start, and has caused many wise men to puzzle over it, to turn out to be failed crank sensor. On straight 4 Omegas cam sensors are the usual culprit.

Funny how we never learn, isn't it?

On 2.2's they will start with failed cam sensors.....takes about 5-10 secs of cranking but they will start....as I proved to TB after he unplugged mine many moons ago  :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 February 2017, 08:06:22 »

That is twice in the last three months that a V6 has refused to start, and has caused many wise men to puzzle over it, to turn out to be failed crank sensor. On straight 4 Omegas cam sensors are the usual culprit.

On 2.2's they will start with failed cam sensors.....takes about 5-10 secs of cranking but they will start....as I proved to TB after he unplugged mine many moons ago  :y
Thank you. I didn't know that. I have had several fail on 2.0s, but none on 2.2s. I always reckonned if an ECU had information from  a crank sensor it should have enough to run the engine. All it learns from the cam sensor is which stroke each pot is on; with only 2 choices it could work it out.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 February 2017, 11:40:25 »

Mr. Terbert, could you please lik me to where you got that budget sensor from - I am getting nervous!  :y

Ron.
I was thinking that too...They are £70+ from main dealer on TC ...
£40 for 3.2 one about 4 months ago...
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 18 February 2017, 12:23:09 »

I got one! Arrived today, 2/3 days earlier than promised - Ebay item no.  181472148652
£11.80 including postage - can't be bad!   :y :y

Ron.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 February 2017, 18:35:11 »

Thank you. I didn't know that. I have had several fail on 2.0s, but none on 2.2s. I always reckonned if an ECU had information from  a crank sensor it should have enough to run the engine. All it learns from the cam sensor is which stroke each pot is on; with only 2 choices it could work it out.

But you are nearly fooked if you have parked facing uphill in a one way street....as it will be in limp mode when it starts and tries to pull away in 3rd gear if auto....but if you remember to select 1st gear, it will move  :y

You are lucky if none of your 2.2's haven't suffered cam sensor failure .... its fairly common....

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19 February 2017, 18:38:28 »

And easily identified by the really frightening gearbox codes... Like Replace Gearbox Immediately one :D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.