Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on brake pads ..  (Read 3756 times)

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
Re: Question on brake pads ..
« Reply #60 on: 13 June 2009, 14:28:05 »

Don't think the goldern pads are on TC, the discs are and they do recognise Autobahnstormers

feeutfo

« Reply #61 on: 13 June 2009, 15:51:13 »

OE front pads are: 9195077 @ £71.06 + VAT .

Thats for the V6's and later 16v's

Compared with the T/C pads, 9192124 @ £13.95 + VAT

Andy
Above  are the two sets of pads in question.

The cheaper(crap)after market ones came to me in the disc and pad set. So i didnt pay the individual pad price. These are available on trade club, with the autobahnstormers card, either individually or as a front axle set of discs and pads.

The gold, as i call them, pads, or oe(original equipment to give them the proper name) are available on trade club according at my dealer at  £71.06 plus expensis. I was originally quoted over £100 for the same oe pads before the parts man realised i was a trade club member. So, they can be had on trade club.... Or they can at Burnham garage Slough anyway, but looks like you wont get them cheaper than 70 odd quid no matter what you do.

Maybe depends on your dealers franchise. My Reading branch under Evans Calshaw or what ever it is, now refuse to take orders over the phone, you have to pay in person at the counter. Although i was speaking to a jobsworth so may not actually be the case. They have given strange quotes on trade club stuff so i dont use them anymore.

Anyway, i do wonder how much the discs are on their own and weather they are that cheap because they are sold as a set with pads on trade club.

Will we be in the strange position where its cheaper to by the disc/ pad set AND the oe gold pads than it is to by oe pads and discs on their own?

« Last Edit: 13 June 2009, 15:57:55 by chrisgixer »

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13 June 2009, 16:12:44 »

Thanks for that, my dealer has the disc in stock but not the pads, i'll order some up on monday..

hopefully get rid of that wooden brake pedal feeling...

Last week I was driving a friends Merc Vito van and kept putting everyone into the windscreen with the very sharp brakes, didn't like them at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.