Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 5255 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2019, 10:00:09 »

Do you also find the glasses with anti glare significantly help?

Wifeys Hyundai has got that. As you say there’s a slight delay with the dipped turning off but as a feature it’s amazing. It’s just one thing to not have to think about. Now how do I retrofit this to the omega 🤔🤣🤣🤣
RIP Paul Lovejoy

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2019, 10:45:07 »

Do you also find the glasses with anti glare significantly help?

Mine are normal distance specs so I can't answer that one.  :-\

An OOF thread going off topic, how unusual.  ::) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 December 2019, 10:53:58 »

My boss swears by the night breakers by osram. When mine need doing I’ll get them.

My issue at night isn’t the illumination from my lights. It’s being blinded/dazzled by other people. Me and wifey both wear spectacles and she was having same issue. She just had eye test and bought new glasses with anti glare. She reckons they’ve improved things dramatically. I’m going to have to buy some cos it’s got to the stage I’ll avoid driving at night because of it.
Northamptonshire has that other oddity that after every MOT, every driver sets one headlight high.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 December 2019, 10:56:47 »

They also both have Full Beam Assist, which means that they dip when the sensor sees the actual oncoming headlights, whereas I tend to dip just a split second before I see the actual headlights. This function can mean that when approaching a blind bend, you can momentarily blind oncoming traffic for just a split second. For this reason I'm not a particular fan of this function, but others love it. The irony is, if I'm sat behind an older car that thinks I'm on full beam, when I overtake them they stay on full beam to blind me in return, not realising that the cars fitted with super bright headlights are also fitted with some serious anti-dazzle features. Their attempts to blind me just make my mirrors go darker.  ::)
I have to agree with the sentiments about automatic full beam, plus such cars have great anti dazzle, it definitely does smack of sod-you-jack-i'm-alright

Trouble is, I can't find how to disable the auto high beam on mine, without disabling automatic lights.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 December 2019, 11:42:53 »

They also both have Full Beam Assist, which means that they dip when the sensor sees the actual oncoming headlights, whereas I tend to dip just a split second before I see the actual headlights. This function can mean that when approaching a blind bend, you can momentarily blind oncoming traffic for just a split second. For this reason I'm not a particular fan of this function, but others love it. The irony is, if I'm sat behind an older car that thinks I'm on full beam, when I overtake them they stay on full beam to blind me in return, not realising that the cars fitted with super bright headlights are also fitted with some serious anti-dazzle features. Their attempts to blind me just make my mirrors go darker.  ::)
I have to agree with the sentiments about automatic full beam, plus such cars have great anti dazzle, it definitely does smack of sod-you-jack-i'm-alright

Trouble is, I can't find how to disable the auto high beam on mine, without disabling automatic lights.

Along with Tosserla's "autopilot", it's one of those features that should be banned if they can't make it work as well as a manual setup with a clued up driver IMHO.

.. in fact, taking responsibilities away from drivers is a bad thing IMHO. I have no doubt that the growing number of cretins driving round with main beam on regardless, or pootling along A roads at 30 MPH in the dark without even realising main beam is a thing, is down to this sort of tech not working, or drivers getting reliant upon it and not realising that it's not fitted to the vehicle. ::)

As far as tech is concerned, if you can't make do with a bent bit of ali with an oil light on it then you should be on a bus. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2019, 12:07:57 »

You forgot knob jockeys who drive in the fog with no lights on, because they don't realise you can turn them on manually if required.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 December 2019, 16:56:03 »

You forgot knob jockeys who drive in the fog with no lights on, because they don't realise you can turn them on manually if required.
Or think that as they have DRLs,

everything is fine when it gets nearly dark. >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 December 2019, 16:58:13 »

Indeed. You know what they say about trying to make things idiot proof. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 01 December 2019, 17:40:34 »

One day they may find a cure for the common cold, possible even cancer. But I'm afraid there's no cure for stupid.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 December 2019, 09:56:24 »

or the opposite, who turn on the fog lights once more than three drops of water fall out of the sky.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 December 2019, 20:09:55 »

My issue at night isn’t the illumination from my lights. It’s being blinded/dazzled by other people. Me and wifey both wear spectacles and she was having same issue. She just had eye test and bought new glasses with anti glare. She reckons they’ve improved things dramatically. I’m going to have to buy some cos it’s got to the stage I’ll avoid driving at night because of it.

I also wear driving specs so I know what you mean about oncoming traffic.  :y
Both of my cars have fiercely bright headlights, which is great for me but not great for others. They also both have Full Beam Assist, which means that they dip when the sensor sees the actual oncoming headlights, whereas I tend to dip just a split second before I see the actual headlights. This function can mean that when approaching a blind bend, you can momentarily blind oncoming traffic for just a split second. For this reason I'm not a particular fan of this function, but others love it. The irony is, if I'm sat behind an older car that thinks I'm on full beam, when I overtake them they stay on full beam to blind me in return, not realising that the cars fitted with super bright headlights are also fitted with some serious anti-dazzle features. Their attempts to blind me just make my mirrors go darker.  ::)
when i worked in germany mid nineties my boss gave me a pair of night driving glasses & they were good. not only did they prevent dazzling but in fog the distance & clarity was enhanced. a couple of weeks ago i spotted an advert for some so i sent for them. i dont do a lot of night driving but i wore them for a 60 ml journey a few nights ago & they were ok. also if one needs glasses for driving they fit quite easily over your specs . not tried them in fog yet though.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2019, 17:36:58 »

I also wear driving specs so I know what you mean about oncoming traffic.  :y
Both of my cars have fiercely bright headlights, which is great for me but not great for others. They also both have Full Beam Assist, which means that they dip when the sensor sees the actual oncoming headlights, whereas I tend to dip just a split second before I see the actual headlights. This function can mean that when approaching a blind bend, you can momentarily blind oncoming traffic for just a split second. For this reason I'm not a particular fan of this function, but others love it. The irony is, if I'm sat behind an older car that thinks I'm on full beam, when I overtake them they stay on full beam to blind me in return, not realising that the cars fitted with super bright headlights are also fitted with some serious anti-dazzle features. Their attempts to blind me just make my mirrors go darker.  ::)
when i worked in germany mid nineties my boss gave me a pair of night driving glasses & they were good. not only did they prevent dazzling but in fog the distance & clarity was enhanced. a couple of weeks ago i spotted an advert for some so i sent for them. i dont do a lot of night driving but i wore them for a 60 ml journey a few nights ago & they were ok. also if one needs glasses for driving they fit quite easily over your specs . not tried them in fog yet though.
Do they somehow remove the wires on those stupid windscreens with stupid elements in them?  That would be beneficial.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 December 2019, 17:38:25 »

If you will insist on driving a Ford...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 December 2019, 17:51:56 »

Indeed. But at the time, nobody could call out a better option.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 December 2019, 18:52:04 »

Indeed. But at the time, nobody could call out a better option.
Like working AC ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.