Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice needed on removing air con pipe  (Read 1506 times)

petec

• Leicester
    • 03 2.6 CDX auto estate
    • View Profile
advice needed on removing air con pipe
« on: 16 May 2015, 22:31:41 »

I have an air con leak on my facelift 2.6 estate so decided to have a look at today as sun was shining.

The problem is a leak in the pipe which runs from the bulkhead, under the ABS unit along the nearside chassis rail to the condenser (yellow dye all along it and top of chassis rail and no refrigerant left)

I am doing some other jobs as well so have currently got battery, bagpipes, Coolant rad, condenser and compressor off. Have disconnected offending pipe near bulkhead but it has bends on both ends so does not just pull out.
struggled with it a bit, drank tea, stared at it a bit, drank more tea even tried swearing at it which usually works but its not clear how to get this pipe out. Apparently its a bit of a weak point on omega's so I am hoping someone knows the best way to get it out, or more importantly to get a replacement back in without trashing it!

I imagine the pipe will need to come out forwards but does ABS unit have to be removed to release it and/or nearside manifolds ????

Any advice please...........other than don't bother :)

DON'T PANIC

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
Re: advice needed on removing air con pipe
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2015, 21:36:15 »

Had the same problem on mine. As far as I remember I cut it to get it out but it is impossible to get the replacement into the same place. I ran it beside the ABS unit and protected it with pieces of rubber sleeve in the places where it might rub against the bulkhead etc.

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2015, 21:38:37 »

No need to remove the ABS unit or the manifold, it is a fiddle but can be done.

petec

• Leicester
    • 03 2.6 CDX auto estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2015, 09:56:00 »

Had the same problem on mine. As far as I remember I cut it to get it out but it is impossible to get the replacement into the same place. I ran it beside the ABS unit and protected it with pieces of rubber sleeve in the places where it might rub against the bulkhead etc.

That makes sense. Presume the pipe would run between ABS and the inner wing. Did it need much bending of pipes to get the new pipe in line with the existing connector from the bulkhead
DON'T PANIC

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2015, 21:39:04 »

Correct. As far as I can remember it didn't need much bending, just a lot of time, patience and scraping of knuckles. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.