Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaking PAS pump?  (Read 641 times)

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
Leaking PAS pump?
« on: 15 June 2015, 22:55:23 »

The symptoms are a patch of light oil, pink in colour, on the drive when the car has been sat. Looking underneath it is coming through the passenger side hole in the plastic under tray, just below the AC compressor. Inside the engine bay I can see a small pool of the same pink fluid collecting in the gap between the sump and the AC compressor. As this is directly below the PAS pump and it appears to be ATF I have assumed that either the pump or the pipework are leaking. After trying to tighten the jubilee clips of the hose which goes from the reservoir to the pump, this didn't sort the leak, I have removed the pump and replaced the hose. The area was give a good clean and the new hose securely fitted to the pump before the pump was refitted. Everything put back, tightened up and checked, looks good and appears to be working fine. I go back out to the car a couple of hours later and I have yet another puddle of ATF!
Any idea where I should be looking next?  >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Leaking PAS pump?
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2015, 07:54:49 »

You did refill with dex2 as pas system doesn't like anything else,and starts to leak,if you use anything above dex2
 in the words, 2 is the number not 3 or above.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.