Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replace NCDC 2013?  (Read 3528 times)

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
Replace NCDC 2013?
« on: 09 September 2016, 08:25:51 »

So the NCDC 2013 on my 02 Elite appears to have given up. The sat nav packed in a while ago, probably the laser, now the 4 disc cartridge won't eject or play a cd.
I realise that getting a working replacement will be very unlikely so what are my options?
I don't want to change the look of the car by ripping out the unit and putting in a modern replacement but I do want to be able to play cd's. I can live without the sat nav.
Any suggestions? 🤔

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Replace NCDC 2013?
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2016, 09:16:10 »

If you haven't got the bose, just replace head unit with something new, £49.99 gets you a radio cd player from Halfords, you would need the single din adapter, also available from Halfords, or buy a double din.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2016, 09:25:34 »

If you haven't got the bose, just replace head unit with something new, £49.99 gets you a radio cd player from Halfords, you would need the single din adapter, also available from Halfords, or buy a double din.
Equally, if Bose, remove it and adapt the cd changer wiring with an aux lead and run it to the glovebox. Then, using the telematics loom above the glovebox, fit a bluetooth headunit with cd player/cd changer controls and hey presto, you have built in hands free/cd player/audio streaming...

Sony DSX S300/310 BTX will do the job nicely, and reliable boot changers are readily available on ebay for peanuts,and all without having to change the car looms/speakers :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2016, 09:27:23 »

Google NCDC 2013/2015 aux in for wiring how to, and simply fit a pair of rca plugs rather than a 3.5mm phono jack :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2016, 13:43:09 »

So the NCDC 2013 on my 02 Elite appears to have given up.

Guessing the clue is Elite, so will have Bose set up fitted, so you could mod as suggested, or wait for a NCDC with Display to come up, as long as the HU and Screen were from the same car (paired together) then just a question of swapping the Units, theres a slim chance that the Computer may not read correctly if from a different Engine / Gearbox, but guessing your 02 Elite is a 3.2 Auto then thats what your looking for.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2016, 17:43:11 »

Just asking the question, but if a NCDC 2015 with a CID with telematics all removed from a 3.2 Elite auto was available, what problems would likely to encountered fitting them, preferably just the radio and head unit without the telematic part, to a 3.2 Elite auto currently with a NCDC 2013 with a GID? You've guessed it, I have a 2015 still in a car that is to be broken.... :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2016, 17:59:16 »

If the replacements comes from a 3.2 as well and work as they should, it would all plug and play.

Although i think the connector for the CID is different to the GID, might need a mod here.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2016, 18:03:21 »

Just asking the question, but if a NCDC 2015 with a CID with telematics all removed from a 3.2 Elite auto was available, what problems would likely to encountered fitting them, preferably just the radio and head unit without the telematic part, to a 3.2 Elite auto currently with a NCDC 2013 with a GID? You've guessed it, I have a 2015 still in a car that is to be broken.... :y
It will work, as I said earlier, as long as the units were all paired together and working correctly from the donor car.

Fitted a CID requires an extra RGB Cable to be used, yours being a late Elite should already have this fitted within the loom, the Telematics requires additional wiring (May or may not be there) and a different Glove Box if you wish to fit the Telematics where it normally lives.

you could fit the 2015 and CID with out the Telematics Unit, the 2 will work without it, with the option of fitting the Telematics at a later date.

One word of warning though, try and get the Car Audio Pass from the previous car, in case you need programming work doing in the future, worse or best case if the car is being scrapped try and get a Log Book with the correct reg Number it came from (doesn't matter if the Green Slip or Scrap Slip is missing) that why you could in theory get the Code from VX's. about 20 to 40 quid..

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2016, 19:59:37 »

Appreciate the info Zirk.
I have a V5 for the donor car in my name, but no car pass, but this shouldn't be a problem getting one having the V5 in my name. I originally bought it as a stop gap and used it for several months until the MOT expired. It is a 02 reg saloon and the recipient car is either going to be an 02 reg saloon or 03 estate, depending on which I decide to put it in. Probably be the 03 estate.
At the moment the system does not require the radio code if the battery is disconnected as all 2013/2015 systems. If I was to fit the radio and head unit from the donor car to a different car, am I right in assuming that the system will then need the code inputting whenever the battery is disconnected, or will it just fire up and work with no code as before?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2016, 20:23:07 »

Appreciate the info Zirk.
I have a V5 for the donor car in my name, but no car pass, but this shouldn't be a problem getting one having the V5 in my name. I originally bought it as a stop gap and used it for several months until the MOT expired. It is a 02 reg saloon and the recipient car is either going to be an 02 reg saloon or 03 estate, depending on which I decide to put it in. Probably be the 03 estate.
At the moment the system does not require the radio code if the battery is disconnected as all 2013/2015 systems. If I was to fit the radio and head unit from the donor car to a different car, am I right in assuming that the system will then need the code inputting whenever the battery is disconnected, or will it just fire up and work with no code as before?

Also bare in mind there are 2 flavors of the 2013/15 Head units, Bose and non Bose, all Elites where Bose (ie require the Bose Amp and Speakers, so in theory if it came from an Elite, needs to go back in the same.

Only other models that came with 2013/15 were FL MV6's these will be non Bose, so no Amp and standard speakers. Also if you plan to fit the Telematics a swell, going from a Saloon into Estate is fine, but your need to source an Estate Aerial Base and whip from a 2015 setup, as the Telematics (GSM phone bit) is unique to the Estates, but thats not the end of the world TBH.

And yes, once fitted, you wont need to worry about the Code on Battery disconnect, the security Coding is between the HU / Display / Telematics.

the need for the Code comes into play if you require future programming of the units / Replacement or faulty units etc.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2016, 20:38:51 »

If not using the telematics, you need to depair it all, remove the telematics config from display and HU, then repair the remaining bits.  Some of the icons on the NCDC2015 will be incorrect as it'll become a NCDC2013.

All NCDC units are bose capable, but its tech2 to enable/disable that.
Grumpy old man

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2016, 08:40:08 »

If not using the telematics, you need to depair it all, remove the telematics config from display and HU, then repair the remaining bits.  Some of the icons on the NCDC2015 will be incorrect as it'll become a NCDC2013.

All NCDC units are bose capable, but its tech2 to enable/disable that.

If fitting the telematics as well as the 2015 and the CID (the whole lot) to the recipient car, then do they need de-pairing beforehand? I assume that if I was to forget the telematics side of the system, then the de-pairing has to be done before the set and head unit are removed from the donor car?
Am I right in assuming that if a whole system is fitted to a different car (whether that be a 2013, or 2015 with telematics) they don't need de-pairing, and only need de-pairing if one item of the system is used?
When I spoke to my local VX dealer recently about de-pairing the 2015 system, they looked at me as if I had two heads. So, I gave up asking them.
All the cars have BOSE.
Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit of a technophobe......
Thanks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2016, 14:27:00 »

If all the components come from one car, then happy days... it's all plug and play :y

If you collect parts piecemeal, then you need the car pass for each item and ideally they need to have been depaired before removal otherwise they become expensive bricks...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2016, 16:22:00 »

If fitting the telematics as well as the 2015 and the CID (the whole lot) to the recipient car, then do they need de-pairing beforehand? I assume that if I was to forget the telematics side of the system, then the de-pairing has to be done before the set and head unit are removed from the donor car?
Am I right in assuming that if a whole system is fitted to a different car (whether that be a 2013, or 2015 with telematics) they don't need de-pairing, and only need de-pairing if one item of the system is used?
This will be the 3rd time Ive said this now, It will work, as long as the units were all paired together and working correctly from the donor car.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2016, 16:48:48 »

Sorry, Zirk, yes, you have said it three times now. But us technophobes that are slow to grasp electrikery things like this perhaps need it repeating...it may be age thing, but I do apologise.
But in fairness to me, from TB's reply above, he states that if I was fitting just the head unit and GID without the Telematics, then they would all initially need de-pairing from the donor car, and then the head unit and GID would need re-pairing in the recipitant car. If all three were being fitted, then not....as I read it anyway.
« Last Edit: 13 September 2016, 17:07:31 by johnnydog »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.