Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale  (Read 11162 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2010, 13:57:02 »

Just a turn of phrase due to the oil present on the outside of it. I would rather see a mucky old engine bay anyday though rather than the powerwashed shiny versions the dealers produce which is usually done to hide oil/fluid seepage.

Agreed - I'd rather see the real deal, than a jetwashed engine!

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 March 2010, 20:52:41 »

I am very upset at the car being described as PX quality. I worked for a main Vauxhall dealer for 5 years and the car is far better than most 3 year old PX cars. It has two small parking dents, which even I cant find most of the time and dont photo for sure.

I did say to GUNCHARMER before he decided to come, he would find some issues, its an eight year old car after all! I did not hide anything and sorry GUNCHARMER I thought the wear indicators meant 3mm left not 2mm, my mistake, two new tyres on the way!

I did get the wishbones checked today and was told they dont need replacing, the garage could not replicate the wheel juder, nor can I . The bonet catch is now fixed, the mayo I am told, is caused due to the fact my wife only drives two, maybe three mile trips once or twice a week. I would suggest you view the car if interested, but if you are looking for a new car, please either buy one or budget more than £2000.

I would challange anyone though to find a private 3.2 Estate in this condition with 70K miles that needs very little and no immediate work, has 6 months tax and a full Vauxhall service history for £2K.   

My new company lease car needs a deposit thats down to me, maybe its easier to chop it in than enter into all the hassle of selling her. I just felt it was better it stayed in the fold!

Sorry no, I dont have any mechanical knowledge, is that an issue? I can earn more in the time it takes the garage to fix it than they charge me, so a bit of a false economy to learn I guess  :D      
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Radical1977

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 March 2010, 21:27:22 »

I am very upset at the car being described as PX quality. I worked for a main Vauxhall dealer for 5 years and the car is far better than most 3 year old PX cars. It has two small parking dents, which even I cant find most of the time and dont photo for sure.

I did say to GUNCHARMER before he decided to come, he would find some issues, its an eight year old car after all! I did not hide anything and sorry GUNCHARMER I thought the wear indicators meant 3mm left not 2mm, my mistake, two new tyres on the way!

I did get the wishbones checked today and was told they dont need replacing, the garage could not replicate the wheel juder, nor can I . The bonet catch is now fixed, the mayo I am told, is caused due to the fact my wife only drives two, maybe three mile trips once or twice a week. I would suggest you view the car if interested, but if you are looking for a new car, please either buy one or budget more than £2000.

I would challange anyone though to find a private 3.2 Estate in this condition with 70K miles that needs very little and no immediate work, has 6 months tax and a full Vauxhall service history for £2K.   

My new company lease car needs a deposit thats down to me, maybe its easier to chop it in than enter into all the hassle of selling her. I just felt it was better it stayed in the fold!

Sorry no, I dont have any mechanical knowledge, is that an issue? I can earn more in the time it takes the garage to fix it than they charge me, so a bit of a false economy to learn I guess  :D      

I believe the mayo and leaking rocker cover gaskets are a shore sign of the breathers being blocked which is probably due to lots of short journeys and the oil not being changed on an annual basis.. IMHO

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 March 2010, 21:29:02 »

I believe the mayo and leaking rocker cover gaskets are a shore sign of the breathers being blocked which is probably due to lots of short journeys and the oil not being changed on an annual basis.. IMHO

Maybe so, but a common Omega problem, and very easily rectified....

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 March 2010, 21:46:35 »

James, do you want to come and fix this, you can then give me your thoughts on the car, I also need my Vectra 3.0 CDTI servicing, my friends 3.2 Vectra needs a cam belt and service and my 2.2 Frontera needs a Cam Belt also. That should keep you busy, have a bed if you need to stay! PM to arrange a quote and date. Cheers. 
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 March 2010, 22:18:06 »

Of course, I'd be more than happy to help  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 March 2010, 22:22:50 »

If you come over for this James I'll pop up and have a natter/look/help if you like (work permitting) :y :y We can always offer a bed too.

Incidentally... I may come and have a look Monza, but be warned I'm unlikely to buy at your (very reasonable IMHO) price as I'd have a considerable sum to spend getting it up to the Spec I'm after ;) ;)

I will, however, happily give my opinions on it :y :y
« Last Edit: 01 March 2010, 22:25:33 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 March 2010, 22:51:19 »

Cheers James, PM me some costs. Thanks. Even if I sell it before then, I have plenty of work here for you!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 March 2010, 23:12:12 »

Cheers James, PM me some costs. Thanks. Even if I sell it before then, I have plenty of work here for you!

How about fixing all your other cars in return for a discount on the 3.2 Estate  ::) :D

James, stop it, ,stop it...  ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 March 2010, 23:17:42 »

How about fixing all your other cars in return for a discount on the 3.2 Estate  ::) :D

You'll only sell it after 3 months ::) ::) ;D ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 March 2010, 23:36:37 »

You'll only sell it after 3 months ::) ::) ;D ;D

That long ???  3 weeks probably ...   :)

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 March 2010, 08:20:03 »

James, thanks for your PM and comments regarding the review, percked me up a bit ;D  Thanks, have replied. 

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02 March 2010, 08:35:32 »

James, thanks for your PM and comments regarding the review, percked me up a bit ;D  Thanks, have replied. 

Don't take the review personally... I would check it myself anyway :y :y

Sounds like you were surprised by some parts of it and are putting things right that you weren't aware of... Like the tyres :y

And good on you for doing so :y
« Last Edit: 02 March 2010, 08:36:44 by Lazydocker »

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 March 2010, 11:48:48 »

Spend a morning getting all those dog hairs out of the rear load area,remove the child seat,ditch the strong air freshener as the combination of the former suggests it may be masking a smell. Clean off that tiny amount of surface rust on the bare metal on the drivers inner sill that exposes the fact the bottom of the door catches the sill when closing.
Its all about first impressions,I may well have turned my back on what is essentially a  good car,the parking ding in the drivers wing was in my book a glaring omission from the description when you had detailed lesser and i was surprised it wasn`t mentioned by a seller who has `shown` cars in the past as the bloody things spoil the lines of any panel they are on.
Tyre tread was an inaccuracy in the description,mistake by yourself you admit and thats fair enough but coupled with the omission of the parking dings(you admit now there are 2) meant the seeds of doubt were sown .
I didn`t feel any shudder in the steering wheel at all,i detected it through the brake pedal a couple of times(rightly or wrongly),however with alarm bells already ringing i could not give you the benefit of the doubt.
I had factored in to the price  two dunlop sports to match the 2 newish ones already put on by yourself and possibly rocker cover gaskets + breathers cleaned out and yet was still surprised to see the advanced stage of seepage occurring, its also dribbling out of the torx bolts holding the covers on. It was worthy of a mention i thought.
Bottom line is ,first impressions were not great,seeds of doubt were sown giving me no option but to walk away which was the very last thing i expected to do after driving all that way.
I am quite happy to describe any car as part ex condition,that has two nearly bald tyres,is well overdue a service,is leaking oil and is full of dog hairs.
And yet if the rear pinion seal on the diff had been leaking oil less i would still probably have handed over the cash,perhaps not what was agreed but a little bit less to cover the price of parts as i would have done the work myself. No,no i wouldn`t,first impressions were all wrong,felt due to a glaring omission and an inacurracy in the description i had been misled and the truth is the alarm bells were saying what else is he hiding? Ands at this stage there was no point in looking at any service history as there were no receipts for previous work only stamps in a book and who was to say you had not been duped by the previous seller(a trader).
« Last Edit: 02 March 2010, 13:12:50 by guncharmer »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 March 2010, 13:13:21 »

Spend a morning getting all those dog hairs out of the rear load area,remove the child seat,ditch the strong air freshener as the combination of the former suggests it may be masking a smell. Clean off that tiny amount of surface rust on the bare metal on the drivers inner sill that exposes the fact the bottom of the door catches the sill when closing.
Its all about first impressions,I may well have turned my back on what is essentially a  good car,the parking ding in the drivers wing was in my book a glaring omission from the description when you had detailed lesser and i was surprised it wasn`t mentioned by a seller who has `shown` cars in the past as the bloody things spoil the lines of any panel they are on.
Tyre tread was an inaccuracy in the description,mistake by yourself you admit and thats fair enough but coupled with the omission of the parking dings(you admit now there are 2) meant the seeds of doubt were sown .
I didn`t feel any shudder in the steering wheel at all,i detected it through the brake pedal a couple of times(rightly or wrongly),however with alarm bells already ringing i could not give you the benefit of the doubt.
I had factored in to the price of two dunlop sports to match the 2 newish ones already put on by yourself and possibly rocker cover gaskets + breathers cleaned out and yet was still surprised to see the advanced stage of seepage occurring, its dribbling out of the torx bolts holding the covers on. It was worthy of a mention i thought.
Bottom line is ,first impressions were not great,seeds of doubt were sown giving me no option but to walk away which was the very last thing i expected to do after driving all that way.
I am quite happy to describe any car as part ex condition,that has two nearly bald tyres,is well overdue a service,is leaking oil and is full of dog hairs.
And yet if the rear pinion seal on the diff had been leaking oil less i would still probably have handed over the cash,perhaps not what was agreed but a little bit less to cover the price of parts as i would have done the work myself. No,no i wouldn`t,first impressions were all wrong,felt due to a glaring omission and an inacurracy in the description i had been misled and the truth is the alarm bells were saying what else is he hiding? Ands at this stage there was no point in looking at any service history as there were no receipts for previous work only stamps in a book and who was to say you had not been duped by the previous seller(a trader).

Each to their own GC... I (personally) felt your description a little harsh but you are entitled to express your opinions :y

I think Monza is planning to get things rectified and I can readily believe that he was unaware of some of the problems due to his (self confessed) lack of mechanical knowledge ::)

As you say... First impressions are important and if it didn't feel right then you made the right decision to walk away. I still suggest that other people view it as it's a reasonable price if it just needs the silly TLC bits that all Omega's demand at regular intervals ;) ;)

I'm still tempted TBH but am struggling to see past the fact it's not the spec I want and not a colour combo I would personally choose :-/ :-/ I would be looking at an outlay of several hundred pounds to get it to the spec I want, and then another large chunk to LPG it :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.