Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S 2002 '52' Omega 2.6 MV6 Manual saloon  (Read 7557 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: F/S 2002 '52' Omega 2.6 MV6 Manual saloon
« Reply #30 on: 13 February 2010, 19:16:36 »

I'd place a value of circa £850 to £925 on it, providing it was mechanically sound, but from a fellow OOF member I'm sure it would be  :y

spacekid2009

« Reply #31 on: 13 February 2010, 19:25:50 »

in that case i won't waste your time, we're way off a deal, i'd be looking at £500 to swap max, good luck with it anyway, it does look a nice car.

Moos3h

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 February 2010, 19:31:01 »

Hi,

please see my 'trade estate for saloon' thread, can you give me a px valuation as this thing is a beaut!

Mine has just had coil pack and leads today too!

Cheers
James

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 February 2010, 20:08:27 »

in that case i won't waste your time, we're way off a deal, i'd be looking at £500 to swap max, good luck with it anyway, it does look a nice car.

Please don't take what I say as being defensive...I promise it's not meant to be at all, but you stated in this thread you bought you current Omega for £950, and if my top p/x price for that is £925, that would be a loss of £25. I doubt very much you would have expected me to give you a p/x value more than you bought your car for in the first place. But, prices are negotiable, either the p/x price, or the price of the MV6. I've had it for over a month now, and it takes up space and money I can use to invest in other vehicles. So would consider listening carefully to a proposed deal  :y

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 February 2010, 20:11:06 »

Hi,

please see my 'trade estate for saloon' thread, can you give me a px valuation as this thing is a beaut!

Mine has just had coil pack and leads today too!

Cheers
James

What value do you place on the vehicle? We can take it from there, if you start with a figure you're happy accepting it will make it easier for both of us  :y

spacekid2009

« Reply #35 on: 13 February 2010, 20:16:31 »

Sorry Josh, wasn't offended by you valuation, it's true i paid £950 for mine, but i nicked it, you only know that because i told everyone, same goes for yours, you paid less than what you value it at, but we're all allowed a bit of profit. I think £500 to swap, subject to seeing each others cars, is a fair deal.
            By the way, how did you get on with the Saab driver on roundabout, did it get sorted?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 February 2010, 20:23:42 »

That's a fair point  :y
I will definitely consider your offer, that's a promise. I intend to advertise it on other places such as autotrader and ebay to see what happens...but I will get back to you very soon.
It's half sorted  ;D the RR was repaired and paid for by me, and is now sold. But his insurance company is quibbling over things, so we'll just have to see what happens.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 March 2010, 15:04:35 »

Better interior photo's have been requested, please excuse the dirt as it was in use today before the photo's. And please note, the centre console/armrest will not look right as it had been removed, I had a look at the wiring to see how it's layed out to compare to the ex police 3.2, but of course all it needs is bolting back in place which I didn't have time to do before the photo's.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 March 2010, 16:14:01 »

This car needs to be gone asap, it owes me £1371, it has a missfire on cyl 4, not present at idle now, just on a drive...the emissions light comes on after 15 minutes or so, sometimes sooner. I have a 2-4-6 coil pack which would cure this problem, however I am not competent enough to fit it.
I purchased both the 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 coil packs and both were on the back seat. I took it to a trusted local garage and asked for the 2-4-6 bank to be done, they did the 1-3-5 bank. It drove fine for the usual 15 minutes or so then missfired, I took it back and they apologised for making the mistake, but didn't want to attempt the 2-4-6 bank.
I don't like to sell vehicles with mechanical issues, but unfortunately I need it gone. The first person with £1300 cash, who understands the missfire issue can have the vehicle.
This hasn't ever been on ebay or autotrader being sold by me, so possibly someone who could fit the coil pack could make a bit of profit on it.
I genuinely don't have the space, if I could fit the coil pack I would, the 1-3-5 bank is easy, but the 2-4-6 doesn't appear so.
Once all sorted, this would have been listed on ebay and autotrader at £1995.
So, recap of the issues, missfire on cyl4 with replacement coil pack supplied, stereo still in safe mode...I have ordered a new car pass from VX, when it finally arrives it should work.
That's it, as mentioned in the original post, new cambelt, tensioner and backing plate fitted less than 90 miles ago by James, new coolant, new plugs, oil and filter...and air and fuel filter. There are no known other issues at all, and before the missfire it was a lovely drive.
I'm afraid I don't want P/X's on this one.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 March 2010, 16:24:52 »

Hummmmmm!  ::)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 March 2010, 16:29:26 »

Well my weekend plans may be ruined Josh... due to stupid french car that doesn't want to go anywhere quickly... so if you could limp down to me I could probably sort that coil pack...  :-/

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 March 2010, 16:57:26 »

James, you are such a kind guy, you never cease to amaze me with your kind offers, but I know you're busy with work and your 406, it really isn't a problem at all. I'm happy to just sell it as it is to make space, but do appreciate your offer. I'd feel bad taking up your time.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 March 2010, 16:59:51 »

You know you want it really, I'll even deliver it to brackley  :D  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 March 2010, 17:14:07 »

You know you want it really, I'll even deliver it to brackley  :D  ;D

Your comments on, if fault was fixed it would be up for £2k got me thinking  ::)

James needs an Omega though, its ages since he had one   ;D

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 March 2010, 17:25:25 »

Oooh good plan, gang up on James...yes James you need another one  ;D
I think if on autotrader and ebay, a £1995 price would be reasonable, and accepting £1800 would be the most likely bet. I sold DG02 RHE for £1800, that was the '02' 3.2 auto ex police with 81k miles, so this one is newer but higher miles and retail spec. So I think £1800 actually would be attainable easily. If it weren't missfiring it would be on there now.
It genuinely wouldn't bother me if somone bought it then sold it on for profit afterwards, I would have done the same thing. It's down to space now and turnover, it's dead money just sitting there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.