Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will F/L sideskirts & rear bumper fit MFL??  (Read 1097 times)

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
will F/L sideskirts & rear bumper fit MFL??
« on: 09 March 2012, 00:10:49 »

Hi all i want to colour code my front lower bumper trim & bottom of car white but i think the F/L sideskirts & rear bumper lower look better..

BUT.. i want to keep the black knock strips around car to stay in keeping with front bumper & bootlid but will rear bumper meet it on rear quaters?? or is it a seperate quater trim that meets the black trim?

ive noticed on the black sideskirts the estate has a slightly wider section towards the rear wheel unlike the car in mfl, so will i need estate F/L side skirts?? or are the saloon ones the same??

as i have a towbar fitted will i need a F/L towbar too???

or am i better off just changing sideskirts & colour coding rear bumper??

Also has anybody got any good ones as all the ones local to me in breakers have been damaged by forklifts lifting them up from the side!!

Cheers all  :y

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
Re: will F/L sideskirts & rear bumper fit MFL??
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2012, 01:06:10 »

Hi all i want to colour code my front lower bumper trim & bottom of car white but i think the F/L sideskirts & rear bumper lower look better..

BUT.. i want to keep the black knock strips around car to stay in keeping with front bumper & bootlid but will rear bumper meet it on rear quaters?? or is it a seperate quater trim that meets the black trim?

ive noticed on the black sideskirts the estate has a slightly wider section towards the rear wheel unlike the car in mfl, so will i need estate F/L side skirts?? or are the saloon ones the same??

as i have a towbar fitted will i need a F/L towbar too???

or am i better off just changing sideskirts & colour coding rear bumper??

Also has anybody got any good ones as all the ones local to me in breakers have been damaged by forklifts lifting them up from the side!!

Cheers all  :y

22views no quotes? sure someone knows....  ??? ???

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2012, 07:42:29 »

I know there are a few members who have updated PFL saloons to FL style but usually it's been all or nothing. I don't recall any estates being done though  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2012, 23:16:45 »

I know there are a few members who have updated PFL saloons to FL style but usually it's been all or nothing. I don't recall any estates being done though  :-\

No reason why a Estate would be any different, one word of caution though is the FL Estate bumper is longer than the PF and MPF so the exhaust tail pipes may blow into the rear bumper causing an undesirable blow back noise, nothing a set of rear pipe extenders shouldn't be able to sort out though.

Chris. 

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2012, 01:09:52 »

No reason why a Estate would be any different, one word of caution though is the FL Estate bumper is longer than the PF and MPF so the exhaust tail pipes may blow into the rear bumper causing an undesirable blow back noise, nothing a set of rear pipe extenders shouldn't be able to sort out though.

Chris.

been told i need the rear bumper backing bar? but as you say longer... exhaust no probs its already modifyed 3"longer than standard as i was going to get a rear skirt but missed it on ebay  :(
but would i need a FL Towbar to clear bumper?? as mine is already near touching bumper...

is the sides of a FL rear bumper the same as the black trim bumper on my 99v MFL or is there 2 extra panels that fit on the rear quaters behind wheel arch??

cheers Glyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.