Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pensions  (Read 13685 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Pensions
« Reply #90 on: 26 July 2018, 18:25:02 »

Hmmm. Jimmy.

You have far too much interest in pensions for a younger man. This is not a healthy state of affairs. I don't have one but I'll be fine. :y

Stop stressing over when you're old and senile, and enjoy yourself instead:  ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW280u2pbIw

Never too early to start thinking about retirement & what lifestyle you would like , I can't imagine anything worse than having lots of time on your hands & not having the funds to enjoy it

I suppose it depends if people are willing to sacrifice their younger more healthy self for the 'possibility' they may live to a ripe old age and can afford the best care home. :)

Personally I have sacrificed zilch always had plenty of time with family when the kids were young  good holidays cars & homes & intend to carry on like that God willing , although as we all know any of us could " wake up dead" tomorrow.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 26 July 2018, 18:29:20 »

Hmmm. Jimmy.

You have far too much interest in pensions for a younger man. This is not a healthy state of affairs. I don't have one but I'll be fine. :y

Stop stressing over when you're old and senile, and enjoy yourself instead:  ;) ;)

Never too early to start thinking about retirement & what lifestyle you would like , I can't imagine anything worse than having lots of time on your hands & not having the funds to enjoy it

I suppose it depends if people are willing to sacrifice their younger more healthy self for the 'possibility' they may live to a ripe old age and can afford the best care home. :)

Thankfully in our case none of the above will involve much sacrifice beyond working in full time employment. No kids and no prospect or desire to have any.  :y

Once the mortgage is paid off, I think about £75k pa will give us the kind of retirement I want. So then it becomes a game of trying to move that retirement as near to tomorrow as is feasible, while, as you say not making so many sacrifices as to make the time I. Between a drudge.

STEMO

« Reply #92 on: 26 July 2018, 18:39:23 »

Hmmm. Jimmy.

Personally I have sacrificed zilch always had plenty of time with family when the kids were young  good holidays cars & homes & intend to carry on like that God willing , although as we all know any of us could " wake up dead" tomorrow.
Yeah. Nice to know your family will be OK though.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 26 July 2018, 19:18:52 »

But...and it's a great big but....who knows what could happen between 'now' and 'then'.

And that's the biggy, just said goodbye to a dear friend who was only 44,left a husband and two teenagers,need to live life now because who knows what tomorrow brings :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

2boxerdogs

« Reply #94 on: 26 July 2018, 19:35:53 »

Hmmm. Jimmy.

Yeah. Nice to know your family will be OK though.

Exactly Stemo , kids have done us proud boy joined Yorkshire Police force after. Uni & daughter after working in TV & film make up married & produced 4 grandsons , wifey & I are nicely set up & after we have departed this earth my kids will have a decent inheritance , that's all I ever wanted & as far as I am concerned I have achieved.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 26 July 2018, 19:42:30 »

But...and it's a great big but....who knows what could happen between 'now' and 'then'.

And that's the biggy, just said goodbye to a dear friend who was only 44,left a husband and two teenagers,need to live life now because who knows what tomorrow brings :-X

Agreed. I worry about dear old STMO with this heat. I don't want to hear he has keeled over while walking the whippet or clearing out the pigeon loft.

I hope that some kindly OOF member(s) living close to Barnsleywakefield can make the effort to pop in and make sure the old boy has something to eat, and a change of clean underwear. :)

Old lives matter. :)

STEMO

« Reply #96 on: 26 July 2018, 19:56:09 »

Agreed. I worry about dear old STMO with this heat. I don't want to hear he has keeled over while walking the whippet or clearing out the pigeon loft.

I hope that some kindly OOF member(s) living close to Barnsleywakefield can make the effort to pop in and make sure the old boy has something to eat, and a change of clean underwear. :)

;D ;D ;D Cheeky bastid.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 26 July 2018, 20:13:42 »

;D ;D ;D Cheeky bastid.

Thank you Opti for your genuine concern would be a more appropriate response. :-* :-* :-*

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 26 July 2018, 21:46:13 »

Exactly Stemo , kids have done us proud boy joined Yorkshire Police force after. Uni & daughter after working in TV & film make up married & produced 4 grandsons , wifey & I are nicely set up & after we have departed this earth my kids will have a decent inheritance , that's all I ever wanted & as far as I am concerned I have achieved.

Inheritance tax is 40% on all your estate above £325K each, or £650K per couple. With 5 BTL's and a main residence, you've got to be quite close or over that?

On the other hand, money/assets held in a private pension fund (though not defined benefit pensions like police, civil service etc) are outside of your estate, and can be passed on tax free to anyone you nominate on your death.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #99 on: 28 July 2018, 09:30:17 »

Please rest assured my finances are in excellent order advice has been taken , never ever thought I would be in this position financially , just been very lucky indeed from a windfall 30 odd years ago .

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 02 August 2018, 00:59:23 »

Ill retire when I drop lol  ;D
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.