Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *~WANTED~* NCDC 2013 or NCDC 2015 + Paired CID Display - Ideally From a V6 Elite  (Read 2787 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Just noticed my old post was locked again, Just in case it gives the impression I'm sorted for one I thought I'd make a fresh Wanted post  :y

(I may also consider a NCDC 2013/15 + CID from a 2.6 Elite as long as it comes with the Car Pass details, Presuming I can get VX to program it for a 3.2 unless you can get it programmed before sending i'd pay for the costs for programming etc..)

I'm looking for a NCDC 2013 paired with a CID display for a 2002 '51' Omega 3.2 Automatic Elite Saloon... Ideally i'm after the colour (CID) as I already have the GID, There are a few requirements which are listed below.

#1 Must be of a working condition both the NCDC 2013 and the Display
#2 All Paired an error free with the display/CDC/NAV etc.. (don't want a unit in 'SAFE MODE')
#3 Must be Bose enabled (Presumably meaning it needs to be removed from a Elite?)
#4 Ideally removed or re-programmed for a 3.2 Omega so the trip/fuel info is accurate (save me messing about with a tech2)
#5 Not necessarily a deal breaker but ideally i'd like both the CDC/NAV lasers to be working.

(Think i have covered all the basics there)

Would possibly also consider the NCDC 2015 + CID if it meets the requirements and is within budget.

I have since confirmed I have the necessary plug for the CID.

Not in an exact rush for one, But I would just like to get this job done have been looking for one for almost 3 months now :y

Payment ready and waiting via PayPal or Cheque.

Willing to go up to £400 all in for the right unit if that helps (would need to be a fully working unit for this price) :y

Feel free to either reply on here or PM me.

Thanks
 :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Whats wrong with the one you already have fitted?
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

It's a 2013/GID set up, The NAV slot is buggered, Also there is an annoying rattle coming from the top section, It no longer reeds discs nor does it pull in discs anymore, it did once but chewed it up badly. So though seen as I've always wanted a CID display i might as just get one seen as i have the cash set aside for one  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Does anyone know if i install a NCDC 2015 + CID without telematics for example would it work fine without any error messages?

Also is it a rather simple or fiddly job to get the phone wired up to work? It's a black box that fit's inside the glove box if i recall.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

It's a 2013/GID set up, The NAV slot is buggered, Also there is an annoying rattle coming from the top section, It no longer reeds discs nor does it pull in discs anymore, it did once but chewed it up badly. So though seen as I've always wanted a CID display i might as just get one seen as i have the cash set aside for one  :y
Omega CIDs are notoriously unreliable, and doesn't offer much over a GID. I can't make up my mind which I prefer...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Does anyone know if i install a NCDC 2015 + CID without telematics for example would it work fine without any error messages?

Also is it a rather simple or fiddly job to get the phone wired up to work? It's a black box that fit's inside the glove box if i recall.
I seem to recall you saying technology/wiring wasn't your strong point. Telematics wiring is a bit tedious.
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Omega CIDs are notoriously unreliable, and doesn't offer much over a GID. I can't make up my mind which I prefer...

That is also a concern tbh, I do recall reading some old post about the Sharp branded? displays failing or something.

I do know of a cheap 2013 + paired CID but the owner doesn't know what engine/spec it was removed from and doesn't have the Car Pass details etc.. It would be a complete gamble, Can they still be programmed without the Car Pass if they are paired :-\

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

I seem to recall you saying technology/wiring wasn't your strong point. Telematics wiring is a bit tedious.

I'm not too bad around technology within reason, Wiring however not really unless it simple.

Would a 2015+CID work fine without the Telematics? I presume there would be a small icon or message saying it cant get mobile phone signal etc?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Can they still be programmed without the Car Pass if they are paired :-\
http://theboy.omegaowners.com
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Would a 2015+CID work fine without the Telematics? I presume there would be a small icon or message saying it cant get mobile phone signal etc?
From memory, it plays up.
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Just a little update...

I called a VX dealer just to see how much it would cost to re-program a NCDC 2013 from a 2.6 V6 Omega for my 3.2 Omega and said i would also have the car pass details and that the screen was paired etc etc...

This person had absolutely no idea what i was on about, For example.......

"What's wrong with the radio?"

Nothing is wrong, It will need reprogramming to suit my car that's all, How much would that cost.

"So you want the radio code for this radio Sir?"

No i don't i said, I just explained the situation so i explained again.

"All Omega radios are the same, Have you tried looking in the user manual?"

I politely explained again in more detail explaining the fuel information wouldn't be right etc..

"That won't be possible"

...As i was about to say something the line got disconnected, I put it down to poor signal or something so called back... No answer 3 times, Called 20 minuets later (withheld my number) as soon as i spoke they put the phone down... Useless, Won't be using them again  ::)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile

And very good at it the young man is too :y

05omegav6

And very good at it the young man is too :y
Indeed he is :y But as the saying goes... You can lead a horse to water... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.