Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central Locking, slow action on drivers door  (Read 757 times)

taylorc

• View Profile
Central Locking, slow action on drivers door
« on: 05 December 2007, 10:10:01 »

When I press lock on the key, the drivers door button is slow to drop and sometimes does not go down at all........until I press again to set the deadlock. Any ideas please......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Central Locking, slow action on drivers door
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2007, 12:10:06 »

most likey the door lock solanoid is going, common problem. Easy enough to change yourself

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2007, 12:11:02 »

taylorc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2007, 14:59:52 »

Excellent, thank you very much...................what do you know about broken studs on V6 exhaust manifolds ?  and is there a way of replacing it without taking the engine out or the head off ? Its the one at the back on the drivers side. The engine runs fine but makes a fut fut noise which fades as the engine warms up.  Regards

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2007, 15:25:29 »

Excellent, thank you very much...................what do you know about broken studs on V6 exhaust manifolds ?  and is there a way of replacing it without taking the engine out or the head off ? Its the one at the back on the drivers side. The engine runs fine but makes a fut fut noise which fades as the engine warms up.  Regards

drives side is the hardest  :(

It can be done without lifting the engine so i hear, but its not for the faint hearted!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2007, 15:33:06 »

It can be done without lifting the engine so i hear, but its not for the faint hearted!

Pardon?

Drivers side manifold is the easiest on the V6.......is it the head stud that is broken or is it the gasket failing (much more common)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2007, 15:36:57 »

Pardon?

Drivers side manifold is the easiest on the V6.......is it the head stud that is broken or is it the gasket failing (much more common)

I thought i was? ahh well had a 50/50 chance getting it right.

taylorc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2007, 17:49:16 »

The back stud has boken for sure.......and I'm not sure that the gasket will seal even if I replace the stud and tighten it up. The big issue tho is how on earth can I drill out the stud and tap the whole to put a new one in.  I'm prepared have a go if I've got half a chance. I've had the car from new and its still in excellent condition after nearly 10 years and 127k miles but the fut fut noise is irritating.  BTW, Thanks for all your advice.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2007, 17:50:19 »

I thought i was? ahh well had a 50/50 chance getting it right.
And you still got it wrong ;D

Passenger side is the awkward one.
Grumpy old man

knitware

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2007, 23:39:52 »

Hello-Im new on this forum though I've owned an Omega 2.6 V6 for 6 months, anyway I had to reply to this.

I had this same problem with the drivers door not opening with the central locking. The cure is to get some WD40 and spray it down by the 'tab' which pops up by the window. I did this and the door works fine!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2007, 08:53:59 »

Hello-Im new on this forum though I've owned an Omega 2.6 V6 for 6 months, anyway I had to reply to this.

I had this same problem with the drivers door not opening with the central locking. The cure is to get some WD40 and spray it down by the 'tab' which pops up by the window. I did this and the door works fine!
Sometimes the linkage can go a bit tight, which shows up the laziness in an old, tired motor.  Obviously, if you can extend the life of the motor by lubing :y

However, I would not recommend your method, as it will be messy, and also WD40 isn't a lubricant.  If it was stiff on the plastic, I would prefer a PTFE type spray AFTER I had checked the little antirattle felt pad behind it hadn't come adrift.  Else I'd remove door card and lub properly (though whilst there, replace motor as well).

Glad it worked for you though :D

And welcome to the site :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.