Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmakers . .scum of the earth  (Read 4606 times)

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Bookmakers . .scum of the earth
« on: 15 April 2018, 11:17:09 »

Cannot believe this ... yesterday was Grand national day  . . .probably the biggest betting day on the UK calender. Where everyone & his dog have a little flutter on the big race .
The race was off at 5.15 pm , so likely that a lot of the winners who had money to collect , would go in to the shops this morning.
I have just been to collect a small wager for my grandaughter who picked the winner, only to be told , "Sorry we cannot pay out today , the little float of money we are allowed to keep in the shop overnight has gone already"  :o :o :o

It seems they banked the vast majority of money taken yesterday & cannot replenish until Monday .

Only one to describle this shower of Shi*e . . .W*nkers !

Naming & shaming here   ..  .LADBROKES  :o :o
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

Re: Bookmakers . .scum of the earth
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2018, 11:52:54 »

Yes, hang them all  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2018, 11:57:09 »

Could be worse, you could have lost all her money on a different horse...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2018, 12:03:01 »

Excuse me for sounding thick....but why the difference to todays float, and the rest of the week's float !!!! ???
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2018, 12:13:33 »

Because they knew they would have to pay out winnings today , so bank the cash for 24 hours extra interest .
plus you'll all need to make a second visit to the shop and may well place another bet  :y

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2018, 12:33:13 »

Excuse me for sounding thick....but why the difference to todays float, and the rest of the week's float !!!! ???
Because they can't get a float from the bank on a Sunday, and I doubt they'd take enough today to pay out for yesterday. They will have dropped yesterdays takings in the night safe.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2018, 12:43:38 »

So like most sensible businesses they bank cash at the end of the day for security purposes.  ???

It might make things inconvenient for those hoping to collect their winnings today, but hardly puts them in the Scum Of the Earth box does it?  ???  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2018, 13:29:58 »

So like most sensible businesses they bank cash at the end of the day for security purposes.  ???

It might make things inconvenient for those hoping to collect their winnings today, but hardly puts them in the [i]Scum Of the Earth[/i] box does it?  ???  ::)  ;D

A notice when placing bets to advise of this ,  would have been nice,

But as on here and most forums, each to their own opinion  >:(

British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2018, 14:13:00 »

It might make things inconvenient for those hoping to collect their winnings today, but hardly puts them in the [i]Scum Of the Earth[/i] box does it?  ???  ::)  ;D

A notice when placing bets to advise of this ,  would have been nice,

But as on here and most forums, each to their own opinion  >:(

Yep!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2018, 14:20:05 »

Because they knew they would have to pay out winnings today , so bank the cash for 24 hours extra interest .
plus you'll all need to make a second visit to the shop and may well place another bet  :y

In my experience in the retail trade it was crucial to ensure all week-end takings were 'banked', via Securicor, by 1200 Monday at the absolute latest (as banks accounts only became current again from Midnight on the Sunday) to obtain maximum interest.  In fact my company used to transfer our cash rich deposits from our account to our parents company's bank account to then gain tens of thousands of extra interest in that account worth billions.

Money has to be made to work and in a good business it is made to every hour of the day. ;)

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2018, 14:30:26 »

In my experience in the retail trade it was crucial to ensure all week-end takings were 'banked', via Securicor, by 1200 Monday at the absolute latest (as banks accounts only became current again from Midnight on the Sunday) to obtain maximum interest.  In fact my company used to transfer our cash rich deposits from our account to our parents company's bank account to then gain tens of thousands of extra interest in that account worth billions.

Money has to be made to work and in a good business it is made to every hour of the day. ;)

;D ;D ;D  As in most of industry & business . . .customers are the last to be considered  >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2018, 14:58:10 »

;D ;D ;D  As in most of industry & business . . .customers are the last to be considered  >:(

But it is amazing how often the owners/managers forget the need for MAXIMISING profit, the crucial element of any business.  Then Customer Service can be given from a healthy, viable, entity. A commercial entity that does not look after it's profits will not last long to give that Customer Service the public expect, as many, in large businesses, are now discovering! ;) 

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 15 April 2018, 15:51:47 »

They can't leave money on the premises overnight......end of. I regularly have a flutter, but I haven't been near a bookies for years. Moving into the 21st century might help your cause.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 April 2018, 18:01:15 »

I doubt the business involved would be able to get insurance cover for significant amounts of cash held on premises over the weekend.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 April 2018, 18:57:53 »

I doubt the business involved would be able to get insurance cover for significant amounts of cash held on premises over the weekend.

Main line businesses in retail are not insured for stock or cash losses and instead cover themselves as the premiums would be astromical to do so.  No, a hit is taken in the P&L accounts, usually within the gross profit line and is classed as "wastage". ;)
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 19:01:45 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.